It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are being used and it makes me sick!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
After a show that I was watching ended on television well ago, a televangelist came on. He started telling the listening audience that there were no other stories in the world like the bible, and that there was no other god ever that resembled Christ, Lie after lie.

He then goes on to tell a story about how only Jesus can save us and starts using one liners out of the old testament to show how great god is or was, these verses were plainly being taken out of context to prove his point. The next lines in some of these verses if you were to read yourself explained how god was telling them to kill and rob while using the black headed people as slaves.

I went to church many times when I was younger and I now know that my preachers were purposely leading me away from all of the bad things this god did. They were purposely trying to convince me of these same lies.

What do you think the people who are watching these people tell these lies, having no other source to find the truth, are going to grow up to believe?

Can you imagine the army of ignorance that they have developed for the purpose of being able to do with these people what ever they want? Can you imagine how many little girls were raped, things were stolen and how many people have been killed because of the greed and jealousy of this god?

None of them ever knowing they are being used as pawns of the NWO. None of them ever knowing that Jesus was just part of the New order of the ages which we are getting ready for again. God will have a new name just like it says in the bible...

The Christians will be left behind, just like the Jews and because of this constant brainwashing that they have been subject to, they will be responsible for millions more deaths.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So because of this Man that was telling stories about God you hasve decided that ALL christians make you sick well personally thats a bit crybabyish to me

some people need their beliefes in life otherwise they wouldve be able to get up in the morning they would just kill themselves is that what you want

and ye some christians or preachers do stretch the truth a little bit and thats not right but think about it from their perspective for once they genuinly believe that if you believe in God then you will have an eternity of pure happiness and love and the ability to do as you please in heaven

so ye they are going to do whatever they can for you to believe because its right to them so stop crying about how someone was stretching the truth or trying to convert you because they believe that what they are doing is for the greater cause

and no vbefore you start screaming at me im not a christian im just sick of people who hate them when they have done nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

Christians make you sick? My advice is to chew more slowly or get some tests done for allergies or intolerance. You may have to rethink your diet and/or your use of detergents and toiletries too.

It seems to me that your issue is really with either this TV evangelist or certain kinds of Christian. Otherwise, how do you know who is Christian and who isn't? Real life doesn't give you the ability or opportunity to 'right click and view properties'. The person who served you at the counter or check-out last week could have been a Christian and you wouldn't have known. The guy you passed in the street yesterday might have been a Christian and you wouldn't have known.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Good choice with the new title. I think you will probably get better responses with this one.

Also, I agree with Merriman Weir's statement on the topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well Religion, has turned into a business.
This has been known, for some time now.
The worst ones are the ones who come on tv and almost beg for money.
And then put a disclaimer at the end, similar to the NFA CFTC warning on financial markets.
Stating they may or may not use the "GIFT" you give for the purposes displayed on the program.
I think it is all nothing but a scam.
God, is in you.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the Christian that makes you sick. I'm the guy that stopped to give you a ride when you had a flat tire, even though I had never met you before. I'm the guy who picked you up and took you to get something to eat when you were starving and pennyless, even though I did not know you. I'm the guy at work you never talk to, but when I heard you had hard times and no money for christmas gifts I left a card for you with $100 cash in it.

You see, a true Christian doesn't see things the way some people do. We try to live as Christ-like a life as possible. Oh yes, I fall flat on that sometimes... you see, I'm human and I make mistakes.

Just because you see someone on tv who is more interested in donations than he is saving souls doesn't mean that they represent all Christians. If you are mistreated by a black or white person do you hate all black or white people? I say this because that is how you are coming off.

Judge each person accordingly to their deeds, not by the deeds of others. Verily I say we should not judge anyone... but if you must, then do it by conviction, not by applying it to all for what a single person did to you.

People can say what they want about other people, but I can tell you this much. A true Christian follows the life of Christ and trys to live up to that. We spread the word of Christ by emulating his life and showing others that He truly is the way. I'm not trying to sound preachy here and forgive me if I am... but such predjudicial statements offend me. I truly think you were trying to say how much you disliked some televangalists on the whole. I must say that some of them also make me sick as well... but they do not represent the whole.

I so hope that you will come to this realization as well and have a better life for it, christian or not.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
[edit on 11/30/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the Christian that makes you sick. I'm the guy that stopped to give you a ride when you had a flat tire, even though I had never met you before. I'm the guy who picked you up and took you to get something to eat when you were starving and pennyless, even though I did not know you. I'm the guy at work you never talk to, but when I heard you had hard times and no money for christmas gifts I left a card for you with $100 cash in it.

You see, a true Christian doesn't see things the way some people do. We try to live as Christ-like a life as possible. Oh yes, I fall flat on that sometimes... you see, I'm human and I make mistakes.

Just because you see someone on tv who is more interested in donations than he is saving souls doesn't mean that they represent all Christians. If you are mistreated by a black or white person do you hate all black or white people? I say this because that is how you are coming off.

Judge each person accordingly to their deeds, not by the deeds of others. Verily I say we should not judge anyone... but if you must, then do it by conviction, not by applying it to all for what a single person did to you.

People can say what they want about other people, but I can tell you this much. A true Christian follows the life of Christ and trys to live up to that. We spread the word of Christ by emulating his life and showing others that He truly is the way. I'm not trying to sound preachy here and forgive me if I am... but such predjudicial statements offend me. I truly think you were trying to say how much you disliked some televangalists on the whole. I must say that some of them also make me sick as well... but they do not represent the whole.

I so hope that you will come to this realization as well and have a better life for it, christian or not.

Are you trying to say that only a christian will help other people? Look at how many souls have been helped out of their bodies because of christians, The point is you are being used and you will help them do this to others again whether you realize it or not. You claiming to be a christian is telling our masters that you are their property.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Religion makes me Sick....and sickens our Human species potential in my opinion.

I donate, volunteer, recycle etc. all without the name of any religion.

Faith in Humanity first.

Yes christians are being used. However I see it simply as Humans being used. As for most relgions in these matters.

If you were to preach you word of god how they did in its first conception the few thousands years ago it arised what would happen today???

*snip*

“I have observed that the world has suffered far less from ignorance than from pretensions to knowledge. It is not skeptics or explorers but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress. No agnostic ever burned anyone at the stake or tortured a pagan, a heretic, or an unbeliever. -- Daniel J. Boorstin, 1989

Still finding any witches these days???

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Unbelievers have been used by satan and it makes me sick too ..
Praying for all eyes to be opened so they can be set free from the father of lies (satan)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How can you say that religin makes you sick you dont know what happens when we die for all you know the bible can be 100% truth and ye it could be 100% pure crap but you dont know yet so dont make your mind up just yet and to people like GodshipForAll have an open mind towards religion because thats the way forward instead of saying its got to be crap because i dont believe in it

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great post Alienmojo
it reminds me of a time (true story's) where someone left her wallet at walmart and I had to chase her down to give it to her before leaving and then there was another women who left her ATM card in a machine, same thing I had to find her and bring her card to her. And yes I am a Christian
too.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Alienmojo really make a point, back in the 1990's My family and I didn't
have no money for Christmas and someone drove by and dropped off
a Christmas card off to my wife. She opened it up and no doubt there
was $100.00 in it.
This was a huge surprise even to me without going to church and God
helped us. I thanked God for this, and the man made Christmas a lot more brighter that year.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
Great post Alienmojo
it reminds me of a time (true story's) where someone left her wallet at walmart and I had to chase her down to give it to her before leaving and then there was another women who left her ATM card in a machine, same thing I had to find her and bring her card to her. And yes I am a Christian
too.

What's that to do with Christianity? I've done similar things myself and I'm not a Christian. Christianity doesn't have the monopoly on good deeds you know and I'm fairly certain that people were doing good deeds for their fellow human being long before there was a Christianity.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Power is maintained by keeping the rest believing in their powerlessness. The churches maintain power like any other organized, human machine, by disguising the truth, hiding behind fragments of scripture, and by implying or stating outright that any who disagrees is a liar attempting to sway the true believers. As though it requires a special mind to comprehend the truth.

The truth of tyrants will forever be slavery.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Merriman Weir
you were right I got off track in my first post. sorry my bad

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
Merriman Weir
you were right I got off track in my first post. sorry my bad

No problem.

Ultimately, it's all about helping each other out, right? Whatever religion we are*, it's the 'good stuff' that counts.

*or no religion at all.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I'm sorry to offend anyone enjoy your faith as I enjoy my beliefs...

Sadly I think if we don't get an answer that all humans can believe in, we will always war and fight through our differences.

How old is Christianity?
How old is Satan? How is he described?
How powerful is God?
Is Satan more powerful?
Who created God? Anything before him?
How smart were people when God created us?
Why does God let babies die horrible deaths?
Could God be busy in other parts of this universe creating away and is to busy for us here on Earth?
How does God father a son?
Is life a test for us?
If so is God Fair?
Which God am I to believe in?
What was wrong with Pagan beliefs?
How come God didn't let the people before Christianity Know he was the one true God?
How would anyone have found out about the True God if it wasn't for Jesus telling everyone?
How come the Vatican say it's ok to believe in aliens today but it was 100 years ago?
Why did the pope accept Hitler?
How many Factions are there in Christianity? Like Evangelicals and such?
Why Can't they make up there minds between themselves?
Who's Right?
Why hasn't God told the Tribes isolated in the rainforests about himself?
How come God can't will or think Satanus away?
How come witch Hunting ended?
Does my memember name offend anyone?
Why would god create things only to potentially send them to Hell forever to suffer?
What is Hell how did anyone ever find out about it?
Is God a Human?
What does Jesus's Father Look like?
When is Judgement day to come?
Why did God create the feeling of hate?
Can I become a God?
Can anything Kill God?
How big is God?
Does God have any pets?

Does my questioning annoy you?

I guess Im gonna burn in Hell......#ty deal.

peace

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I too have been amazed at the ignorance and lies spread by the tv evangalists. My jesus freak friends eat it up with no question. To me they are spreading the opposite of Christianity's message. They have really brought a good religion down and pushed people away from Jesus's message. I find it hard to find any good message or teaching in all the hate sermons. All we can do is tell them how we feel when they try and bring us the message. Just telling them they make you sick will not help. We have to address every issue. Of course then you are the devil's advocate and they want drown you in holy water. They become the worshipers of evil without even knowing it.
My religion is better than yours.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I just can't give much credit to relgion on the whole. From all it's wars to it's earliest ideals and doctrines and watching it contradict itself throughout time to keep itself acceptable with the norm of the current days values.

I mean if you look at Christianity and its acceptences of peoples ways of life the first hundred years as opposed to todays version and it's acceptence of people ways of life today.....They contradict themselves in many aspects.

The universe is what 14 billion years old? How old are Humans?
How old its the bible? How did the bible say we came about?
How old does the bible say Earth and Humans are?
How many people wrote the bible? Why doesnt the bible explain our universe? How many versions are there?
Why couldn't god himself write the bible?
How long did it take the bible to be written?

EtcEtc eTCETCECCETCEDECWFGAGADTHAHGHdghgdhadhadga

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join