It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the abrahamic god the worst serial killer in human history?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

We won't, but it's hard to crawl through the back door of superstition and dogma when you can enter through the Front Door of Pure Spirit/Energy,
where this Awareness is either Impersonal, Personal, or Both.

The wrappings of christianity are beggarly, at best.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Also Bible isn't all literal, its also symbolic, poetic, record keeping, observations, opinions, and so on.

Which books are we to take as which?

Not many authors of books are known to switch writing styles in the middle of a book ya know...

Or is this going to be the standard "good bits are literal, bad bits are figurative" type thing...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Good morning,
Personally, I'm rather fond of the gnostic idea of the blind force that believes itself to be the creative impulse but that ,
"thou art mistaken, Samael".
That would explain a lot.

oooh, oooh, oooh, through the roof (underground). Dick

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I am serious here ..what would you do ?

I certainly wouldnt drown all my kids because one of them was bad.

...there was no LAWS of the land in the HEATHEN NATIONS .(The lands they passed through were savage peoples with no laws and no boundrys ) .NONE >>>..

The so called heathens each had their own ideals, values, and morals. Just because they erent written down doesnt mean they didnt exist. Check noble virtues, among other things.

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Don't be controlled by fear. Know it and understand it.

If we understood it it wouldnt be called fear.

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
To fight for your life here....means your not trusting your eternal life and you feel the right to become unrighteous due to defense for this fleshy life.
But even if a leader begins to lead the world in a united way that is based on protecting all cultures and the environment of the Earth...many will refuse this idea because they are already programed to not accept it due to the fear placed in the Bible of the anti christ.
If half of the world believes that a war must come in order for god to come save them...then surely, the war WILL come...its not hard to see. I am one of those that fear the ones waiting on the war because there...no hope is found.
This goes back to my belief that God is waiting on us...not us waiting on what God will do and how God will fix it.
It is scary to think that it lays on our shoulders and the fix might not be around the corner like most religions are predicting.

It's people like you who bring me hope in this world. You are right, the religious protect the flesh because they doubt the spirit.

As for your other parts, I believe it is more or less a conspiracy to incite WWIII. People are expecting the anti-christ, expecting divine intervention, expecting (wanting) war... it will come.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Im afraid you are right Ridhya....

it will come.

I hope that more realize, it will be what we make it become.

I do fear the times we are in now...and its not my fear of God or Satan or anything supernatural....it is man, trying to believe they will lead in the end of times and will be rewarded while others are damned.

My best to you
LV

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It seems like god was some sort of psychic, telekinetic, and pyrokinetic superbeing. These acts of violence and their reasons are things which should not be of concern to an omnipotent and omniscient being. It also mentions god needing sacrifices, sustenance? To conclude it seems the ancient world was manipulated by a superbeing that eventually got bored or died.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

an experiment...

Is Karl 12 actively marketing his "Gay-Massage" and "Thigh-Rubbins" businesses to ATS members?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by SumnerKagan]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

Are you sure you're not engaging in psychological projection?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
How the abrahamic god kills people -different methods employed:

And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. -- Numbers 21:6

When it comes to killing people, God has quite an imagination:
Here's a summary of the many ways God killed people in the Bible.

The edge of the sword: God-assisted genocides and massacres (32)

And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. Deuteronomy 2:23-24

And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them. Deuteronomy 7:16

And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. Joshua 6:21

But if you are going to read the Bible, then you have to get used to it. There are 32 separate God-assisted massacres and genocides that are recorded in the Bible. And God is proud of every one of them.

List of the massacres:

God and Moses help Joshua kill the Amalekites (Exodus 17:3)

"The LORD ... delivered up the Canaanites; and they utterly destroyed them and their cities." (Numbers 21:1-3)

Bashanites: " I have delivered him into thy hand, and all his people ... So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive." (Numbers 21:34-35)

Midianites: "And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. (Numbers 31:1-35)

Anakim: "A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; but the LORD destroyed them." (Deuteronomy 2:21-22)

Heshbonites: "And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain." (Deuteronomy 2:33-34)

Bashanites (again): "So the LORD our God delivered into our hands ... and we smote him until none was left to him remaining.... threescore cities ... And we utterly destroyed them ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. (Deuteronomy 3:3-6)

Jericho: "And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua 6:21)

Ai: "Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai." (Joshua 8:1-25)

7 cities: "So Joshua ... left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded." (Joshua 10:28-42)

Hazorites: And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire. (Joshua 11:8-12)

Anakim: "Joshua destroyed them utterly with their cities." (Joshua 11:20-21)

Canaanites and Perizzites: "and the LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand ... and they slew the Canaanites and the Perizzites." (Judges 1:4)

Moabites: "For the LORD hath delivered your enemies the Moabites into your hand ... And they slew of Moab at that time about ten thousand men, all lusty, and all men of valour; and there escaped not a man." (Judges 3:28-29)

Canaanites: "And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword ... and there was not a man left." (Judges 4:14)

Ammonites: So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon ... and the LORD delivered them into his hands ... And he smote them ... with a very great slaughter." (Judges 11:32-33)

"And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he ... slew thirty men." (Judges 14:19)

Benjamites: "And the LORD smote Benjamin before Israel: and the children of Israel destroyed of the Benjamites that day twenty and five thousand and an hundred men:" (Judges 20:35-37)

More Benjamites: "And the men of Israel turned again upon the children of Benjamin, and smote them with the edge of the sword, as well the men of every city, as the beast, and all that came to hand: also they set on fire all the cities that they came to." (Judges 20:44-16)

God delivered the Philistines to Jonathan: "the LORD hath delivered them ... And that first slaughter, which Jonathan and his armourbearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were an half acre of land. (1 Samuel 14:12)

God orders Saul to kill every Amalekite man, woman, and child (1 Samuel 15:2-3)

God delivers the Philistines: I will deliver the Philistines into thine hand ... So David ... fought with the Philistines ... and smote them with a great slaughter." (1 Samuel 23:2-5)

God delivers the Philistines to David: "And David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into thine hand." (2 Samuel 5:19, 25)

Baasha killed everyone in the house of Jeroboam "according to the saying of the Lord." (1 Kings 15:29)

Zimri killed everyone in the house of Baasha "according to the word of the Lord." (1 Kings 16:11-12)

Religious leaders killed in a prayer contest (1 Kings 18:22-40)

God delivers the Syrians into the Israelites' hands (1 Kings 20:28-29)

Jehu killed "all that remained unto Ahab in Samaria ... according to the saying of the Lord"(2 Kings 10:16-17)

God delivers Israel into the hands of Judah (2 Chronicles 13:15-17)

"The Lord smote the Ethiopians." (2 Chronicles 14:9-14)

Judean soldiers killed for forsaking God (2 Chronicles 28:6)

God delivered the Israelites into the hand of the Chaldeans. (2 Chronicles 36:16-17)

Burning people to death (5)

Most people that I know are opposed to this sort of thing, but it's one of God's favorite ways to kill people. He did it himself (or commanded others to do it for him) 5 times in the Bible.
(See Is it wrong to burn people to death? for more on this.)

Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:24)

Aaron's sons for offering strange fire before the Lord (Leviticus 10:1-3; Numbers 3:3:4, 26:61)

An unknown number for complaining (Numbers 11:1)

For offering incense without a license (Numbers 16:35)

For worshiping the wrong god (2 Kings 1:9-12)

Lions and serpents and bears, Oh my! (5)

Remember how the Romans used to kill Christians by throwing them to the lions? Well, God thought of it first!

A lion is sent by God to kill a prophet for believing another prophet's lie (1 Kings 13:1-24)

God sent lions to kill a man for not killing a prophet (1 Kings 20:35-36)

And he sent lions to kill some foreigners for not fearing him enough (2 Kings 17:25-26)

Sometimes God made special creatures to kill people on special occasions. Like the time he sent fiery serpents (maybe even flying, fiery serpents!) to bite and kill people for complaining about the lack of food and water. (Numbers 21:6)

And then there were the bears. God sent two bears to kill 42 boys for making fun of Elisha's bald head. (2 Kings 2:23-24)

Plagues (5).

What would God be without his plagues? They became his trademark after the ten plagues of Egypt. But he didn't use them as often as you might think. I can only find 5 times that God used plagues to kill people.

God sent "a very great plague" for complaining about the food. (Numbers 11:33)

For murmuring (Numbers 14:35-36)

For complaining (Numbers 16:49)

For "committing whoredom with the daughters of Moab" (Numbers 25:9)

To punish David for his census (2 Samuel 24:15, 1 Chronicles 21:14)

Forcing people to kill each other (3).

I'm not talking about war here. Yes, God often inspired or forced people to kill each other in war (see the 32 massacres above). But that's not what this is about. In this method God forces friends, family, and community members to kill each other.

For dancing naked around Aaron's golden calf (Exodus 32:27-28, 35)

Midianites soldiers (Judges 7:22, 8:10)

Philistine soldiers forced to kill each other (1 Samuel 14:20)

Drowning (2)

The big one -- the flood of Noah (Genesis 7:23)

The drowning of the Egyptian army (Exodus 14:27-28)

Hailstones (2)

God chases the Amorites along the way, throwing hailstones at them (Joshua 10:11)

The seventh Egyptian plague -- fiery hailstones killing man and beast (Exodus 9:25)

Stoned to death (2)

For blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10)

For picking up sticks on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:32)

Famine (2)

A three year famine for something Saul did (2 Samuel 21:1

A seven year famine for God knows what (2 Kings 8:1)

Eaten by worms:

Herod for not giving God enough glory (Acts 12:23)

Buried alive:

Korah, Dathan, and Abiram (and their families) for criticizing Moses (Numbers 16:27)

Burned and stoned to death:

Achan (and his his sons and daughters) for taking the accursed thing (Joshua 7:10-12, 24-26)

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Falling wall:

God makes a wall fall on Syrian soldiers killing 27,000 (1 Kings 20:30)
(It was a very big wall. After the wall fell, they built a new one and put up a sign, "Watch out for falling wall". It hasn't happened since.)

Hacked to pieces before the Lord:

Samuel hacks Agag to pieces before the Lord (1 Samuel 15:32-33)

Hanged before the Lord;

The seven sons of Saul (2 Samuel 21:6-9)

Killed with the jawbone of an ass:

Samson kills 1000 Philistines with the jawbone of an ass (Judges 15:14-15)

Killed and hung on a tree:

Joshua kills 5 kings hand hangs their dead bodies on trees (Joshua 10:24-26)

Killed by an angel:

Sleeping Assyrian soldiers (2 Kings 19:35, Isaiah 37:36)
("When they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.")

Forced to committed suicide:

Saul because he didn't inquire of the Lord (1 Chronicles 10:4-6, 13-14)

A message from God (knife in the belly):

Ehud gets the message (Judges 3:15-22)

Bowels fell out:

God kills Jehoram by making his bowels fall out (2 Chronicles 21:14-19)

Thrown off a wall and trampled to death:

Jezebel (2 Kings 9:33-37)
("And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as dung upon the face of the field.")

Trampled to death:

For not believing Elisha (2 Kings 7:17-20)

God-inspired act of terrorism:

Samson's suicide attack (Judges 16:27-30)

Turned into a pillar of salt:

Lot's wife for looking back (Genesis 19:26)

Scared to death:

Ananias and Sapphira for not giving all their money to Peter (Acts 5:1-10)

Unknown methods: "The Lord smote them." (10):

Er for being "wicked in the sight of the Lord" (Genesis 38:1, 1 Chronicles 2:3)

Onan for spilling his seed (Genesis 38:10)

Every Egyptian firstborn child (Exodus 12:29-30)

For looking into the ark of the Lord (1 Samuel 6:9)

Nabal so that David could marry his wife (1 Samuel 25:38)

Uzzah for trying to keep the ark from falling (2 Samuel 6:6-7, 1 Chronicles 13:9-10)

David and Bathsheba's baby boy(2 Samuel 12:14-18)

Jeroboam (2 Chronicles 13:20)

Ahaziah for talking to the wrong God (2 Kings 1:2-4, 2 Chronicles 22:7-9)

Ezekiel's wife just for the heck of it (Ezekiel 24:15-18)

Handy Chart:

dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wow Karl.....all of that info went great with my morning coffee....woke me right up I do believe. It is truly an eye opener. I dont understand how anyone can accept those acts as divine works.

Thanks for the time you took to put all of that together. It only reassures me of my feelings about the OT lord/ruler.

LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
wow karl, still have people who disagree with you, so you just keep repeating yourself over and over again.

i address all of those deaths here

but to me here is the ironic thing. the discussion is not whether or not god killed those people. he did. the bible says he did. simply as that.

the question is, are those deaths justified.

the irony i see is that you are willingly to address these deaths and flaunt them, but your not willingly to even investigate whether or not these deaths are the act of a just authority.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Miriam...you have to ask yourself....are these works of a divine nature. What good does these impulsive acts do a divine nature???

Does God or a divine nature act with primal impulses...like we humans act??? If so, then what is the difference between us and Thee that makes the divine and us not divine. These are impulsive behaviors that psychologist actually counsel humans to work on and control. Mabey God needs a little counseling then.

You have to ask yourself....why are there two different natures in the Bible. God expects us to 'know thy true nature'. How do we do this? How would you get to know the divine nature without your 'book?????? Seriously, how??? Why would a God who tells us to not save up our material items that rust and can be destroyed leave all the answers in a book. God placed his template of information long ago....its the life that runs through everything, its the wind that follows order, its the sun that helps bring life....look through nature and you will see cycles. Not a 'god' sitting around making decisions on what ways to kill the next horrid creatures.

Thee is so unconditional its not even fathomable. People keep thinking all of this world is wrong, fallen, and needs to be fixed. It is perfectly made and it is what it is. We are supposed to have suffering here, God is not going to come kill anyone in the future and Jesus is not going to come with a sword and force a new order.

Thee holy spirit is reaching out to many right now....showing them what divine nature means....but yet, they go back to their scriptures and so...it cant be so.

Really...big freaking woop that a book says god did those things....it sure doesnt make it so.

The first time I expressed these feelings to Thee.....it was like the heavens opened all around me a shined this torrential light to me. It was so powerful I thought I could of flown away to the heavens.

It was like the Universe smiled to me saying....yes child....now you are on the right path. From there on out, many great things happened to me. It was proof enough to me, not to ever place blood on Gods hands again. I want to cry when I think back to the days I did place blood on his hands....because I now know, this is not the intentions of Thee.

"DO NOT KILL"

What a confusing god, to bring law and then go against it and show man, there is a time for law and there is a time to throw the law out the window.

LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

That is so human that it makesme understand better why the bible is nothing but humanly made.

like somebody said somewhere in the thread,God was not the killer humans are the killers.

that explain everything.

Humanity always have to find somebody in which to blame for their short comings.

Justifying death was all Gods will for the wicked.

So what best for humanity to kill in the name of an entity that could never explain itself with his own voice but those that call themselves their voices.

Amazing.

the bible was written by human With nothing more than human intentions and beside this was the historical beginnings of the people that later became Israel.

Something that many forget when they just concentrate on the new bible version and Christianity.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

What is the point of this post? I'm curious, why didn't you respond to Cobra's questions? They are pretty hard for you to answer aren't they?

This thread is useless and bias.

Good work Miriam, even though none of these people will ever listen.

The Lord can do whatever he wants, he doesn't, he follows righteousness, but he can, who are we to question him?

Ro:9:21: Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Isa:29:16: Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isa:45:9: Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Isa:64:8: But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

I don't necessarily agree with all the killing and the laws, but I trust he is just. There are things we just can't know on this earth:

Proverb:14:12: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

God Bless

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
reply to post by karl 12

What is the point of this post? I'm curious, why didn't you respond to Cobra's questions? They are pretty hard for you to answer aren't they?

This thread is useless and bias.

Good work Miriam, even though none of these people will ever listen.

The Lord can do whatever he wants, he doesn't, he follows righteousness, but he can, who are we to question him?

Ro:9:21: Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Isa:29:16: Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isa:45:9: Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Isa:64:8: But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

I don't necessarily agree with all the killing and the laws, but I trust he is just. There are things we just can't know on this earth:

Proverb:14:12: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

God Bless

We are made with intuition, feelings and consciousness to weigh and measure what is right and wrong....so yes, God made us with these things so we can seek Thee....even without a book.

You should question what man tells you about God....because God wont go through another man to come to you....Thee will come to you personally when you are ready to question, what is Thee and what makes Thee so divine.

Just because someone questions a book....they are questioning God??? No, they are questioning mans word about God.

How do you know it wasnt the voice of the serpent (flesh) speaking to all of those people??

We are to question, we are to measure....but many dont, the accept without seeking within and so always....few are chosen to move on from this sphere of time and matter.

It doesnt really matter, that it works always with only a few chosen who are ready....for it is the way it is meant to be. But I do dare say, the Spirit is reaching to many right now....and receives a closed door from these people. Why the spirit is so strong right now in reaching out to others, I am not sure, but it is happening. The Spirit is going to reach out to those who do have faith.....for they are the ones 'somewhat' ready to see or hear.....the ones who feel no reason to believe in this life are most likely not needing to....for there is much more work they need to do in the flesh for their spiritual being. But the believers will be reached to....be careful to be so blind to not even see Thee right before you.

The path I have chose involves me speaking about these things. Thee showed me, before I accepted this path....how hard it would be, even possibly life threadtening at some point in time. For the masses wouldnt see or hear.

The ancient blamed God for many things they didnt understand. Would it be fair to say that God was behind the works of 911....or Katrina....or the floods that kill thousands....I think not. We understand the wrath of the Earth better then long ago, we understand there is a order in the works of nature....and she will follow her order accordingly. The divine is a order....its not supernatural impulsive interventions to correct its creation when that imperfect creation goes wrong.

It is what it is...and this force is waiting for our return to Thee. Thank goodness we dont live to be 900 yrs. old....now that would freaking suck!

My best
LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

Your avatar shows where you stand. You stand in the gate that brings people to God out of fear of the fire. This is why those people dont really find Thee....they do find something, a power, a energy...it might even have a voice...but it is not Thee. One can only seek Thee through a pure heart of wanting to understand and live for a will of love for all that contains Thee within.

Being thrown into the fire is being born of flesh again. Your avatar makes it seem as though God will forget and stop loving. Thee is not capable of such things.

Just personal thoughts....
LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

We are made with intuition, feelings and consciousness to weigh and measure what is right and wrong....so yes, God made us with these things so we can seek Thee....even without a book.

You should question what man tells you about God....because God wont go through another man to come to you....Thee will come to you personally when you are ready to question, what is Thee and what makes Thee so divine.

Just because someone questions a book....they are questioning God??? No, they are questioning mans word about God.

How do you know it wasnt the voice of the serpent (flesh) speaking to all of those people??

We are to question, we are to measure....but many dont, the accept without seeking within and so always....few are chosen to move on from this sphere of time and matter.

It doesnt really matter, that it works always with only a few chosen who are ready....for it is the way it is meant to be. But I do dare say, the Spirit is reaching to many right now....and receives a closed door from these people. Why the spirit is so strong right now in reaching out to others, I am not sure, but it is happening. The Spirit is going to reach out to those who do have faith.....for they are the ones 'somewhat' ready to see or hear.....the ones who feel no reason to believe in this life are most likely not needing to....for there is much more work they need to do in the flesh for their spiritual being. But the believers will be reached to....be careful to be so blind to not even see Thee right before you.

The path I have chose involves me speaking about these things. Thee showed me, before I accepted this path....how hard it would be, even possibly life threadtening at some point in time. For the masses wouldnt see or hear.

The ancient blamed God for many things they didnt understand. Would it be fair to say that God was behind the works of 911....or Katrina....or the floods that kill thousands....I think not. We understand the wrath of the Earth better then long ago, we understand there is a order in the works of nature....and she will follow her order accordingly. The divine is a order....its not supernatural impulsive interventions to correct its creation when that imperfect creation goes wrong.

It is what it is...and this force is waiting for our return to Thee. Thank goodness we dont live to be 900 yrs. old....now that would freaking suck!

My best
LV

I don't believe what you believe, I've questioned things for many years, and it always leads me back to the Bible. I don't believe the Bible is of man, yes physically man put the pen to the paper, but God wrote it through those men. Again, that's MY belief, I respect yours as well, I just don't agree with it.

God Bless

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And I respect yours and what ever has lead you to your path....I only share mine for the same reasons as others do....out of love, consideration that you are a friend, a brother, a sister, another self to my own self....the spirit within all.

Peace to you and yours,
LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by B.A.C.

Your avatar shows where you stand. You stand in the gate that brings people to God out of fear of the fire. This is why those people dont really find Thee....they do find something, a power, a energy...it might even have a voice...but it is not Thee. One can only seek Thee through a pure heart of wanting to understand and live for a will of love for all that contains Thee within.

Being thrown into the fire is being born of flesh again. Your avatar makes it seem as though God will forget and stop loving. Thee is not capable of such things.

Just personal thoughts....
LV

This whole thread is questioning why God killed so many, isn't it? Maybe if they had that healthy fear of God, they wouldn't have been killed?

I don't think God is all bubblegum and lollipops, he's wrathful and the avenger as well.

Your beliefs and mine don't agree, sorry.

God Bless

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join