It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Retailation in response to Terror Attacks?Possible Military Scenarios

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

it also looks at though elements within India have connections with those invilved in this attack - so will india go after its own?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Quite right- I think that will be the source of any potential conflict.

If India finds clear evidence leading to terrorists within Pakistan (eg the GPS navigator they found on the hijacked boat had a course plotted back to Pakistan); or even worse if India finds evidence that the ISI or Pak Navy was directly involved in training the terrorists, there will be hell to pay.

The Indian politicians are already facing tremendous hostility from the populace over what they see as a massive intel and admin failure. Thus if the politicians find any evidence that there are training camps in Pakistan responsible for this, they will need to act swiftly and ruthlessly.

The options are:

1. Covert sabotage/ bombing of the camps by RAW

2. Get the US drones to "stray" further into Pakistan and take out the camps, if the US agrees.

3. Ask Pakistan's government to take out the camps

These are the only three real options that India has. If Pakistan fails to comply, and fails to take out the terrorist camps (lets face it, they haven't bothered doing it at any point in the last half century), then and only then will India have no choice but to attempt surgical strikes on the camps.

If Pakistan interprets these surgical strikes as "first strikes" or acts of war, then they may retaliate in kind.

In my opinion such a scenario is the only realistic tinderbox for a fire to start in the region.

One thing is for certain though : Inaction is not an option. This time no amount of talking will satiate the public... they're already calling it "India's 9/11 moment".

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

well if they're sitting in Pakistan, yes! India was already going after its 'own' at an internal level..
However in this case, it is mostly a pure cross border terror export in full bloom
The connections being drawn to hindutva extremists and the likes of a soft coup by the Indian Army etc.. here on etc are hogwash. Nobody's denying that hindutva terrorists exist in India. They are not being given an easy time either..

But all this is off topic;

wstpt,

Yes I agree; it would be 'easier' for ISAF/NATO etc to take charge of the cleaning act in the Pak terror areas, as compared to India taking up the task.
IMHO India is not quite prepped for a >80% success-rate surgical ops conflict here in any sense. Not technologically or logistically. India will get pulled into an open war very very soon.

CW; any idea on the operational corps deployed on the Afghan border? Also any insider info on the Babur operational status?

We need this info for any realistic scenario.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Let us discuss scenario 1 first completely. CW can you determine which corps are currently deployed along the Afghan border. I think its more that the local corps.

Its the XI Corps in Peshawar. They've been fighting in Pakistans North West Frontier since the US invasion of Afganistan so you can rule our inital involvement unless the Pakistanis redeploy like the article I posted said.

As for the Babur, I would say it hasn't reached IOC but if a conflict started Pakistan would use its 20-30 already produced. Haven't had any confirmation whether a nuclear payload is ready so its role should be conventional

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
hi there

I am a first timer so i jus thought of a opinion . In my opinion I dont think India will attack or even retaliate for the 26/11 such incidents have the properties of dissappering from the minds of the public especially indian public . Other matters such as sport or ipl or inflation take precedence over some trivial deaths of 300 people. trivial to them not to me. Unfortunately it is a matter of shame that being one of the most terrorised cities in he world , India cannot defend or bring the masterminds to the boot. So I think any action overtly or covertly is a near impossibility. Kargil was possibly a overhang a need to regain some amount of credence in the international community otherwise I do not expect an Israeli type retalliation plainly speaking The politicos dont have the balls the army or navy maybe brave but the politicos are a bunch of u know what

the opinion expressed above is solely mine and has no racist or any other untoward meaning whatsoever if any meaning derived kindly apologise for the same

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Both Countries go to war
both Countries Use Nukes

India is partialy destroyed as main Cities are only Nuked
Pakistan Almost all of it

China laughs from the side line as their major competetor has the biggest blow in History and we get our Telicoms sent to china

[edit on 11-2-2009 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join