It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did we get to the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Guys, I just realized something crazy. I've been lurking here for awhile and I've just registered now to ask how all of this time has passed? I mean, I watched a Ween DVD today that was recorded in 1992 and realized that that was 16 Years ago...Where does the time go?? How weird is this sensation of the passage of time! I mean, I wonder why I can't remember what happened before I was born? ANything?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
im gonna go out on a limb and say the reason u dont remember anything before u were born is probably cos u weren't there to witness it. or u blocked it out cos it was traumatic

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ween? Okay, I must confess I bought this album. Excuse: I was just out of high school.
www.youtube.com...

But as to the question, rather than thinking of years as 'years', think of them as a percentage of your life/experience. For example, when you're 10 years old, another year or two is a huge portion of your self-aware life! Like, it would add 20% more experience to your existence.

When you're older, the years are less significant, compared to the experience you already have. Thus they seem to go by faster, and decades seem less overwhelming. It can require some adjustment of perspective.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Time goes by when you're unaware? When I was a sheep life just blew by me really fast and I didn't have time to pay attention to stuff. Now life is going a lot slower to me now that I am aware of what's going on.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Nice concept.

Time goes nowhere.
It is but an imaginary metronome to which we live out our lives.
age is not important
level of awareness is
the only time is now
grab it by the balls.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I remember my youth and those endless summers I thought would never end. I had no cares in the world but me, my friends and girls. But after you get a job and responsibility sets in those endless summers are gone and time seems to fly to each paycheck because we want that money. I used to say " I can't wait until Friday "( payday ) or I wish it was Friday " and before I knew it Friday was here and the weekend parties were starting.

I'm much older now and I don't say that anymore but times are tough and it seems that payday still comes quickly and I'm happy it's here. Sometimes I wish everyday was Friday so I wouldn't hurry to get to it. We are nothing but dust in the wind and time will run out for all of us before we know it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I love how the OP is a question in the past tense referring to the future lol - its like a yogi berra quote - "the future aint what it used to be"
Western society view of time vs eastern is also two different perspectives as well.
the U.S is pretty much time dependent while some middle eastern cultures are not in a hurry, their schedule revolves around their priorities rather than their priorities revolving around a schedule.

I like Ian's perspective though

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
Bella Swan, p. 93

What I am saying or they are
is that time goes on. and you only live it once and bad things will go........

How does this relate? IDK But you do!

top topics

join