It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoppers holding back on black friday!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ummmm....that would be a good thing. "Black" means profitable.

Originally posted by rikk7111
Looks like this may not only be a black Friday, but a Saturday, Sunday, and December as well.........................................

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I wonder how much of that is going on plastic, compared to how much is being bought in cash?

We put everything on the Discover card. You get cash back. I'm sure that most purchases are on credit. Not many people use cash these days. I was surprised that sales were up 3%. I figured everyone, like us, would be extra careful this year.

You couldn't have paid me to go out on Black Friday

I have only gone out once - to Times Square - after the Macy's parade.
NEVER AGAIN!

Also - Black Friday is germy germy germy. Everyone sneezing and coughing ... blah! And they are all mean - pushing and shoving.

I'll send you ladies some tins of fig cookies. hehe

yummmmm .... cyber cookies ala niteboy!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
the MSM seems to be reporting that sales are up YOY by 3%

but the average X-mas cache is only $756. or thereabouts

This sounds to me like the government employment & inflation statistics...
'adjusted' to the reality they wish to depict...
and not reflecting the reality of the real world we live in.

the Lure & the Snare are out there

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
maybe the hold back was so they can shop online today. after all today is 'cyber monday'..
first i have heard of such a thing but apparently online sales are really up on this monday.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some may have held back, but I sure didn't. I am the proud owner of a 2005 Harley Road King Classic. I would have bought a brand new one, but this one already had just about all the custom work I wanted.

I like to think I did my part to help the economy, after all HD is all American Steel.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm....that would be a good thing. "Black" means profitable.

Originally posted by rikk7111
Looks like this may not only be a black Friday, but a Saturday, Sunday, and December as well.........................................

Not the Black I'm thinking of...............As in dead(no) sales.........

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I went,but won't again I don't think. My best friend LOVES to go, and I humor her. But I'm telling you, I'm a savy shopper, and pay close attention to prices. The first thing I noticed in a "Mart" was an IDENTICAL outfit I had bought in that same chain store was marked down from 24.99 to 10.00 for that fantastic sale. But I got the outfit in October marked down for end of season...for 3.00...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join