It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Sky Scene Monday Evening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Spectacular Sky Scene Monday Evening

www.livescience.com

Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that will attract the attention of even those who normally don't bother looking up. It's likely to be that way on Monday evening, Dec. 1.

A slender crescent moon, just 15-percent illuminated, will appear in very close proximity to the two brightest planets in our sky, Venus and Jupiter.

People who are unaware or have no advance notice will almost certainly wonder, as they cast a casual glance toward the moon on that night, what those two "large silvery stars" happen to be? Sometimes, such an occasion brings with it a sudden spike of phone calls to local planetariums, weather offices and even police precincts. Not a few of these calls excitedly inquire about "the UFOs" that are hovering in the vicinity of our natural satellite.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I love lazing outside at night and watching the stars, planets and satellites go by (and the occasional UFO). I can't wait till monday night!!! I live outside of my major city so I get the advantage of beautiful skies.

Also apparently the Earth is going to be so shiny that the dark part of the crescent moon will be glowing a bluish-grey hue.

I wonder how many people are going to go crazy thinking they are UFO's?

www.livescience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

A use of the search function would have revealed that this has been posted about already. Here you go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

Very kewl. I already read the article yeaterday, but appreciate the post anyway! I love this stuff, I cannot wait to see this!

top topics

join