It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai Attacks Blamed On Al-Qaeda As Pretext For U.S. Military Response

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Jenni, for God's sake, get out their writings, and read them! I grow so weary of folks who have a "peaceful" opinion of Islam, and haven't taken the time to study what they are required to do!

I know Muslims too, and to my knowledge, they haven't killed anyone, but that doesn't change the nature of the religion!

Get a clue! Study! Learn!

Don't just repeat some Islamic apologists crap!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

Mumbai Attacks Blamed On Al-Qaeda As Pretext For U.S. Military Response

www.nwotruth.com

The swiftness with which the media blamed “Al-Qaeda” was staggering, especially considering the fact that the attacks had not even concluded before the boogeyman was whipped out of the closet once more to act as a poster child for the war on terror and allow the TV networks to show lots of blood, panic and authority figures pointing guns at people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related link.
Kanishk Tharoor: This is an Indian atrocity – not the West's.
www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by jakyll]

MOD Note: PLEASE READ: *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by semperfortis]

This post is pure crap. The MSM has been stating all along it likely WASN'T AL QAEDA, highlighting the differences between Al Aqaeda's terror style and that of the gun men.
and that it was likely a kashmir based group, turns out it was an they have said this. Its a realtively new terror group that has formed in Kashmir.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Its a realtively new terror group that has formed in Kashmir.

I assume you're referring to the Deccan Mujahideen.

Security experts have already sated that they believe this name to be just a front.The 2 most popular suspects thus far are Indian Mujahideen,a shadow group of the other suspects,Lashkar-e-Toiba.Both have strong ties to al Qaeda.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This was not the first time a Pakistan based group has carried out a
major terrorist attack in India proper (not Kasmi). In Dec 2001, 3 months
after Sept 11. a suicide squad attacked the Indian Parliament building
in New Delhi. 5 terrorists, 5 police officers, a Parliment security officer
and gardener died in the attacks.

en.wikipedia.org...

India and Pakistan almost came to blows over this. If you notice while
India had made reference to "external forces" and LET (Lashkar e Taiba)
as having planned and carried out the attacks have been relatively
moderate in response. No doubt are assembling evidence (which includes
weapons, explosives, cell/satphone records) of Pakistan's involvment -
India will probably come down real hard on Pakistan and won't be pretty....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Jinni

Jenni, for God's sake, get out their writings, and read them! I grow so weary of folks who have a "peaceful" opinion of Islam, and haven't taken the time to study what they are required to do!

I know Muslims too, and to my knowledge, they haven't killed anyone, but that doesn't change the nature of the religion!

Get a clue! Study! Learn!

Don't just repeat some Islamic apologists crap!

All Muslims hold exactly the same views as much as all "Christians" do.

That is to say, they don't.

Just as there are those who subscribe to a fundamentalist view of Islam, there are those who subscribe to a fundamentalist view of Christianity.

There are extremists of every faith.

Does that mean we should judge each and every believer of a faith by the actions of the very worst?

No, it most certainly does not.

Let us not forget, that Christianity has on its hands, the blood of countless millions.

Indeed, it is the "Christian" countries in today's world who hold the largest stockpiles of the most technologically advanced weaponry.

That's some peaceful religion, right there.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Implosion

I'll be damned. Two on the same thread.

You apparently are just as confused if you believe the difference is fundamentalism.

Then you don't know anymore about Islam than you know about scalar flashes and how they affect biophysics.

Come on, there are plenty of threads already on here for you to get a bit of an education. If you're too busy writing and not any time for studying, then I beg you to refrain from repeating falsehoods. It does you no good, and just wears out those of us who've done a bit of homework and seen for themselves.

At no place anywhere in Christianity do you find Christ compelling his followers to kill non-Christians. Nowhere!

So don't even try it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This entire incident has the all too familiar stench of "inside job". The story does not add up for all the reasons mentioned above! This event will be used to escalate the war on terror into Northern Pakistan. Before these attacks the Pakistan military was not allowing US troops to pursue terrorists into Pakistan. I believe Pakistan will be forced to reconsider this policy now.

Here is the latest from the Associated Press via Yahoo News. They very clearly say the groups are linked to Al Queda.

From Yahoo:

RAMALLAH, West Bank – Muslims from the Middle East to Britain and Austria condemned Sunday the Mumbai shooting rampage by suspected Islamic militants as senseless terrorism, but also found themselves on the defensive once again about bloodshed linked to their religion.

Intellectuals and community leaders called for greater efforts to combat religious fanaticism.

Indian police said Sunday that the only surviving gunman told them he belongs to the Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba. The group is seen as a creation of Pakistani intelligence to help fight India in the disputed Kashmir region. Another group, Jaish-e-Mohammed, has also operated in Kashmir. Both are reported to be linked to al-Qaida.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Look what I found here!

www.daily.pk...

I got this link from:

whatreallyhappened.com...

This seems to be a more than reasonable explanation for the recent events in Mumbai.

For me this is -almost- "Case closed."

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Then you don't know anymore about Islam than you know about scalar flashes and how they affect biophysics.

There's no need for the ridiculous references, I can already tell I'm dealing with a vast intellect from the lack of sweeping generalisations, and the willingness to treat vast amounts of free thinking individuals as such.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
These militants who took on this suicide mission were very well trained, and in peak condition. It has Muslim terrorism written all over it. You aren't going to find any U.S. soldiers, or mercs who are going to go on a suicide mission. The have already identified that one of the attackers *snip*, and they should be able to trace who the other attackers were.

I haven't read any media reports that this involve Al Queda. All the reports I have read implicate Pakistan-based Lashkar.

www.google.com...

A number of Indian officials blamed the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba -- notorious for an assault on the Indian parliament in 2001 and allegedly once the recipient of support from Pakistan's powerful spy service, the ISI.

Indian intelligence sources told AFP that eight of the Islamic militants involved in the attack had arrived in Mumbai a month ago. They rented a house and conducted "extensive reconnaissance missions."

There were also believed to be other infiltrators who stockpiled arms and ammunition, including in one of the two luxury hotels that were attacked.

They were joined on Wednesday evening, when the assault began, by a second group who reached Mumbai from the sea, the sources said.

====
Mod Edit: No ethnic slurs, please.

[edit on 11/30/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Good way to get heat off Pak/Afgan border get troups to Inda/Pak border maybe even start a war. Thats the AQ way

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
dooper

At no place anywhere in Christianity do you find Christ compelling his followers to kill non-Christians. Nowhere!

But God does.

Exodus 22:20

He that sacrificeth unto any god,save unto the LORD only,must be utterly destroyed.

He also says that you should kill any family member that tempts you to follow other gods.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother,or thy son,or thy daughter,or the wife of thy bosom,or thy friend,which is as thine own soul,entice thee secretly,saying,Let us go and serve other gods,which thou hast not known,thou,nor thy fathers;7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

poet1b

Still selective reading i see,and it aint even a long thread!
The group mentioned in your quote have strong ties to al qaeda,and have done for many years.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Implosion

I'll be damned. Two on the same thread.

You apparently are just as confused if you believe the difference is fundamentalism.

Come on, there are plenty of threads already on here for you to get a bit of an education. If you're too busy writing and not any time for studying, then I beg you to refrain from repeating falsehoods. It does you no good, and just wears out those of us who've done a bit of homework and seen for themselves.

So don't even try it.

But he singled handedly kicked some money changer butts at the temple. Mohamed only instructed Muslims to defend themselves when they were being slaughtered. He did not say killing was a pass time to be pursued.

Interesting that you sound like a Christian. We do know that Christians, to this day, accuse Jews of various kinds of blood liable practices. Must be something to do with that transubstantiation cannibalism you are so fond of. See anyone can play that game.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
islamo-fascist militant terrorists committed these atrocities. call them by any jihadists name you desire. it makes no difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yeah sure, Islam is the religion of peace, of course you have to ignore the entire history of Muslim aggression to make such a claim, but why admit reality.

Jackyl, so by your very own admission, you recognize a connection to Al Queda, so tying this to Al Queda isn't all that far fetched as claim.

How many degrees to Al Queda is the only real question.

Where did the money come from that trained and armed these people is the biggest question.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

No body with the right mind can believe that what happened in India is
the work o 10 terrorists ! please watch thse videos & decide on your own :

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

you should watch to the end to understand what's going on in our world.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark38
No body with the right mind can believe that what happened in India is
the work o 10 terrorists !

Well a lot of people can and will believe this because no other possibility exists in their mind. They have absolutely no doubt in fox news.

What I think is interesting is how sloppy this operation was.

It is as if "they" don't care how sloppy it is because they know the VAST majority of people will never doubt or question ANYTHING about this.

"False-flag" ??? Come on that is ridiculous....completely absurd....how could that ever happen in a world....silly conspiracies....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Yeah sure, Islam is the religion of peace, of course you have to ignore the entire history of Muslim aggression to make such a claim, but why admit reality.

Any time I need reminding that followers of any "religion" may not follow their "holy" books to the letter, I thumb my way through the Bible to the page where it states: "Thou shalt not kill".

[edit on 5/12/08 by Implosion]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join