Thoughts on Hell-part 2

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The first sentence in the Bible says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Gen. 1:1. It doesn't say that He created Hell there, or anywhere else for that matter. So where did the idea of Hell being a physical location come from then? It came from the idea that heaven is also a physical location; as if real estate determines what constitutes heaven. But there is nothing in Scripture that says that God created two different physical places. Yes, it mentions the earth as if it were a separate entity of heaven. But if one has eyes to see, they could see that the earth itself is a component of heaven. It came into that place on the seventh day of creation as it is written:

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israe for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. Exo. 31:16-17.

The word refreshed in that passage literally means, "to breathe upon". On the seventh day of creation, God breathed upon His finished work of the earth and filled it with His presence, thus making the earth a component of heaven. It is the presence of God that constitutes heaven, regardless as to where one is. The purpose for the observance of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) in the Fourth Commandment (Exo. 20:8-11) is to testify that we have heaven now, not someday.

This act of breathing upon also occured on the sixth day of creation as it is written:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Gen. 2:7.

So, in the original creation, not only was the earth a component of heaven, but so was man (the entire human race contained inside Adam's loins). So how does Hell come into this? To understand that, one must look to see what Scripture says about things that happened in heaven surrounding the creation of the earth. It is written:

Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38:3-7.

Based on this, it appears that when God decided to create the earth, everyone else in heaven was OK with that, or were they? That would be determined on how God would create the earth. It is written:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell. Col. 1:16-19.

If one were to read this passage in its entirety, they can see that this is referring to the Son of God who was revealed to this world in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. Now, one could ask, what was it about Jesus that made him the Son of God, but that is another subject. The point here is, that God the Father did not do these things of Himself, but gave it over to the Son. This would serve as a test of character among His creation as to whether they would obey or not. Anyone could obey God if He were 36,000 miles tall and had a booming voice that shook everything. But could they obey God if He showed up looking like themself?

The prophet Ezekiel was instructed to use the king of Tyrus as a type of the character of one who is referred to as the "anointed cherub that covereth".

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thos hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou was perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Eze. 28:13-17.

Now what is a covering cherub and what does that have to do with Hell? Looks like we'll have to wait and see what my Father brings.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Timothy]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The name of the guy I am about to mention escapes my mind. But anyways , he fell some how and litterally cracked his head open. When the Ambualnce came they found a man with his brain hanging out of his open skull. Doing only what the could, they scooped the brain back in the skull, and then wrapped it with Goze. Well of courase when they arrived at the hospital , he was dead, but under law , a man must be hooked up to a brain wave machine for 30 minutes to be pronounced dead in the state that it happened. Well they hooked him up and of course he was brain dead. But while the doctor was standing there his brain waves spiked, and then went flat again. So they had to wait another 30 minutes. Well a little while later it did it again. So at this point the doctor was thinking what the hell? It happened again and again , so finnaly the doctor gave a nurse a notepad, and a pen, and made her sit with the man and record the spike in brain wave activity, and the time that it happened. If I am correct I believe this went on for 3 or three days. He was dead , but they could not put him into the morge untilll he had no brainwaves for 30 minutes. Well guess what , he lived, he woke, with a sheet over his head. This is a true documented story. Well anyways he says he went to Heaven. Now this is not important to what I have to say. What is important is that later on in his life he said Jesus showed him hell. I think he spent 5 minutes there. Anyways he described it as Cold, the coldest of cold, like absolute zero. He also said he was ina 3foot by 3 foot box carved out of solid rock. He then went on to say that there were tiny spiders. Which were demons. He said that was hell, not the fire, and torture. He also said the worst part about it was being completely devoid of god. There is not God in hell, it was the most empty , painfull feeling ever. I believe this guy slightly , just thought you might want to know.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
infovacume,

There have been books written by people who have had similar experiences. I personally know someone who claimed to have an outer-body experience while bleeding to death in the hospital.

If one wants to believe the testimony of such people, that is their choice. But I can't escape the fact that all these people seem to have contradicting testimonies. I may address this issue more when and if I am able to express my thoughts regarding mortality and immortality.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ah good point, but hell to somone may not neccesarely be hell to somone else. Hell may be, in fact , the worst thing for you. Atleast thats my take on it, the only reason I kinda believe the guy I am talking about is because he stayed dead so long.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Infovacume,

Yes, Hell may be described many different ways. The motive for me to express my thoughts here is to testify what Hell is according to the Bible. This happens to be the same hell that I was delivered out of.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am Glad to hear that, keep up the great work, I find studying the Bible is incredibly interesting

new topics

join