It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title Capitalization of Articles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Question....

Do the titles of articles need to be capitalized? For instance, the "Cattle mutilations" article....I moved it to "Cattle Mutilations". In my mind, the title of an article looks better if the words are capitalized. Well, another editor had a problem with that and asked me not to capitalize the titles unless it was the name of an actual organization/movement/person/etc.

We are in disagreement about this.

I feel that article titles look better if they are fully capitalized instead of just the first word being capitalized. It looks, in my mind, neater, better, and more professional. The title is so prominent on the page, and I think that the entire title should be capitalized (exept for words like "the", "of", "and", etc.). My concern isn't so much "wiki rules" in this instance....my concern is making our wiki look as good and professional as possible.

Am I alone in this thought??? Or, am I way off base??

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Book titles are capitalized (following the capitalization "rules"). Newspaper articles are capitalized. Of course article (and thread) titles should be capitalized. Ridiculous to say otherwise.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I agree with you!

Thank you for reading the words in this line.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by whoshotJR]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I can see why you want to capatalize the article titles. I do not disagree with this practice. For a while we had been following the style guide (I think), which says to not capatalize words that are not a noun etc.. But I do agree that the articles look better capatalized. The only question I would have would be does it effect searching within tinWiki?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

No...which is why linking within an article works. I can search for "alternative medicine" or "hypnosis" or "meditation", and it will automatically take me to the "Alternative Medicine", "Hypnosis", and "Meditation" articles respectively, just like linking of the same lowercase words in another article will take me to the capitalized title articles within tinWiki.

Thanks, WOS.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
im not sure but in articles capitalization is important

new topics

top topics

join