It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just published a website. How can I make it better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My website is www.themoderateview.com.... I'm wondering how I could make it better. I just got it up. How is it so far?

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How can I make the design of the website better?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hmm well i don't think much of the image you are using for the header, did you use html editor?

It is stretched to the point that it is distorted. Good idea but that image is stretched, tiled. Doesn't sit well..

The layout is ok, plain & simple.. the red writing header isn't much good either.

omg sorry to be so critical, but look around for a better image.

I didn't read your page because -> not enough paragraphs... seems rather conjested. Perhaps smaller paragraphs or text boxes.

cheers

oh edit cos I just had another look at it; the title header or caption is ok, but not enough space between the image. The image really lets it down.

have fun

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I see. I edited my website to make it have more paragraphs. I don't really know how to make the image less stretched out. I'm not sure how to do that. How would I go about doing that? If I can't find a way to get it less stretched out would I be better off by not including it in there?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I see that you're using 1&1's builder.

Is the original jpg stretched like that? That's what it looks like to me.

If the original is ok, use size tags to adjust it. e.g.

"IMG SRC="/resources/_wsb_keyvisual.jpg" HEIGHT="50" WIDTH="200" BORDER="0"

[edit on 11/30/08 by wookiee]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Thought you might like this latin phrase for your website Frank!!!

Magnus frater spectat te

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Thanks for the advice. I've tried changing the image to make it appear less stretched out but nothing I did worked so I was forced to thus move on and use another image. How is the other image that I am using now? Is that a bit better?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't mean to have killed this board. All I'm asking about is if the redesign that I did with the new picture and the few updates made the website better or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Hi there,well Ive had a look at your site and this is my imput,,the first thing that I thought when I saw your first page is,,alot of writing and nothing stands out to catch my eye,,if I just came across your site by chance then I dont think I would have read anymore,,,You have to think what kind of people you want to attract,,and the subjects you want to have on there,,make each page look interesting and eye catching,maybe a couple of the first sentences of each page can be in caps.
And maybe you could add a song to each page that goes with what your saying.

I think your first page should be a short biography about yourself and topics you will cover and go on another page.

Take a look at my site and that might give you some ideas

my site

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Alright... so I'm getting sick and tired of this web server. I'm going to start a blog... I am getting tired of not being able to use HTML on this website. I'll show my blog after I've done my first entry.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Frank,

If you really want to Jazz up your site I would suggest looking up some Cascading Style Sheets tutorials (CSS) Its actually a pretty simple and straight forward language. I would suggest ditching those site builder programs.

Check this link out. It helped me so much when I first started. He provides free tutorials with videos and it is carefully explained. Then if your really serious for 20.00 or so you can get the entire tutorial the goes deeper into it. He doesnt leave you hanging though. He gives you the information to make a website for free. It has been the best 20.00 I have ever spent no joke.

www.killersites.com...

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Event Horizon]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

Thanks for the advice.

I just realized that I couldn't upload any kind of HTML onto my website with the 1&1 domain hosting website. I decided to transfer my domain onto the godaddy server. Do you know much about them? I'm sure that anything would be better than the 1&1 domain hosting website, which, wouldn't allow me to put any of my own stuff on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, set the width of your content to percentange values, like 85% for example, and no matter how big your user's screen is, your content will scale to the size you specify.

- On my site personally, I have to limit it to around 1000 pixels because of the kind of modules I'm using. - But I see that in your case, you should set it to percent, because there is a great deal of lost space on the sides.

top topics

join