It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bury or kill thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It would be great if there was a thumbs down option. X thumbs down throws it in the bin or something. would help clear up some of the forums.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
WAY too easy to abuse. Let's say I see a thread that I disagree with, I can get some of my friends that think the same way I do, and get them to give it a thumbs down. If I can get enough people I can trash the thread. This just invites gangs to go around the boards getting rid of threads from people they don't like, even if they're good threads.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Agree, easy to abuse, it would be nice to have a hide function though, so I can ban topic X in my "recent posts" view and never have to see it again.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yes ignore or hide a thread would be good.
Instead of just the ignorant user the whole thread.
But a thumbs down up thing marking for the bin would be massively abused.
They would set up little tag teams of mentally unstable persons on instant messengers and hit the place in the droves, destroying the whole board.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Yes ignore or hide a thread would be good.
Instead of just the ignorant user the whole thread.
But a thumbs down up thing marking for the bin would be massively abused.
They would set up little tag teams of mentally unstable persons on instant messengers and hit the place in the droves, destroying the whole board.

Just don't click on the thread in question. How hard is that?

The last thing we need here, is an increase in group-think mentality.

I don't see how ignoring or burying threads would aid the development of a membership of reasonable critical thinkers.

Isn't that the aim here? A membership of individuals capable of critical thinking who come together to discuss possibilities.

I used to think it was.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We thank you for sharing your ideas with the intent of making ATS a better more user friendly place. The staff and owners do appreciate member feedback and have always considered your thoughts and wishes when making changes to the board. So thank you for caring so much about this community that you created this thread.

By keeping all member suggestions in one place it allows staff and owners the ability to quickly and thoroughly access all member recommendations when considering board changes. Otherwise many suggestions will be very difficult to locate considering the size of this board.

Understanding that we would appreciate it if you would add your thoughts/recommendations to the official thread dedicated to members suggestions for board change.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thanks for your contributions and understanding. I will now close this thread for the reasons stated above.

Thanks,
ATS Staff

>>Closing

new topics

top topics

join