It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Rifle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone mentioned this one yet or not but my friend says that they are less than 2 years away from deploying the first stealth RIFLE in the US. The stealth rifle will replace M16 and AK47. Anyone heard of this one?

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 29-11-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why? So you can see the 6 foot tall soldier walking towards you but not his rifle?
I can see this later on when we have soldiers walking around with more stealth systems, but why not develop the entire suit at once instead of just the rifle.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The only thing that I could imagine that would be stealthy about a rifle would be silent operation. Perhaps supressed sound, flash, and smoke. Reducing emission signatures would make the rifleman safer in a combat situation.
FYI, the AK is not a US weapon. The M16 and its variants are. Certainly, such stealthy rifles are under development by the military forces in many countries.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I read some where that this would be the next us marine/army rifle.

i205.photobucket.com...

the seals SOF SCAR.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by huws

What if you dropped your stealth rifle in the bushes, does it whistle so it can be found or something?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

thats the coolest gun ive ever seen.

anyone know when a crate of them is due to fall of the back of a truck near me?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Why? So you can see the 6 foot tall soldier walking towards you but not his rifle?
I can see this later on when we have soldiers walking around with more stealth systems, but why not develop the entire suit at once instead of just the rifle.

u can see the 6 foot tall soldier walking towards you but not his rifle is in some situation , i don not understand why not develop the entire suit at once instead of just the rifle, please tell me.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
I read some where that this would be the next us marine/army rifle.

i205.photobucket.com...

the seals SOF SCAR.
no it is not, it is must be stealth rifle.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Wow that looks like a toy.Whats wrong with the guns they got now?They shoot things still dont they?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

It just loos like another composite materials gun. All "plastic" just makes it lighter.
"Stealth" technology for guns include stuff like low flash ammunitions, and low reflection materials. Looks like the gun does the low reflection thing well.
Lighter is better

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You could make a rifle pretty stealthy if you moved away form the traditional chemical explosion projecting little lump of metal!

Although you defiantly wont see any thing hand held and main stream any time soon - nothing that replace traditional rifles - no pulse rifles, or plasma discharge - maybe you could have a small hand held rail gun - but you would have to cart around battery's (literally in a cart
)

You could sneak up behind your target and clobber em with the butt - that's stealthy.

top topics

join