It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW BIOMETRIC IDENTIFICATION SOLD FOR AIRPORT SECURITY AND STADIUM SECURITY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.flyclear.com...

Is this scary?

Sounds like to me they are creating an incentive to create a huge database by letting you pass through security.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, I think current security measures are outdated and would welcome DNA screening instead of passports!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This tech is currently used in Liverpool, Manchester and Heathrow airports in the UK. I fly a lot with work and have seen this for a while now. At Liverpool you do not need to go through passport control if you have registered biometric passport. There is a self service booth where your eye is scanned and you beat the (Large) queues and walk straight through

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Controversial plans to make thousands of airport workers the first British nationals to be issued with biometric identity cards have been scaled back because of continuing opposition from the airline industry.

Ministers will announce tomorrow that the planned roll-out in the sector will begin next October, later than originally anticipated, and will be limited initially to an 18-month trial in two airports.

Manchester and London City airports have signed up in principle to the scheme after the government agreed to fund the trial, introducing the first wave of ID cards free of charge to the users and providing a further £500,000 towards improvements in pre-employment checks at the two airports.

Unions have voiced concerns about their members facing a £30 charge for an identity card before they can apply for an airside pass, while the industry generally remains concerned that the ID scheme will increase costs without bringing significant security benefits.

www.no2id.net...

New Labour are so fascist, there now even willing to buy you a biometric Id card. Anything to win you over to this intrusive and costly scheme.

top topics

join