It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, I broke my tooth tonight advice needed please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Yeah caps/crowns. It's the same I believe.

I'm in the UK too... and as you said,it's the conveyor belt treatment for us mere mortals.
I had to pay as they weren't taking on any more NHS customers(missed the deadline for registration)

They know how to make you feel special don't they.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah it stinks!!!
Sorry, i didnt realise you are from the uk oooops :-)

It could be worse i suppose at least I have a dentist, its not easy to get one nowadays, so even tho it stinks I am grateful....

Nice to meet a fellow brit, this place seems full of americans lol

Note to Americans - Please dont take offence, I love Y'all too

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

lol, s'ok I'm from Geordieland so it doesn't really count anyway.

As you say, you have to be grateful for the med treatment we can get,but after waiting for two years for a simple op you kinda lose the sense of appreciation for it.

(note to self. next time it's DIY surgery with a stanley knife blade and a large bottle of whiskey)

I can't even get in for a dental check up these days.
I refuse to go private out of principal.

You should also consider your local hospital if you get desperate in the future.
They are available for 'emergency' dental treatment,or should be.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Lol, Its a great accent, love it
Hey, the way things are going ( credit CRUNCH and the like ) we could all be pullin our own teeth....Fairly soon!!!

What op did you wait 2 years for? That is so bad!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Beauty_HairyBeast] Poor concentration *SLAPS OWN FACE*

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Assuming the crown is a no go..I really think it needs to be filed down (made into a smooth stump) to form as the basis for a two tooth bridge.

Otherwise it's just going to break again (because realistically that filler material is temporary), at which case the only option will be to pull it out completely

The problem with the bridge approach is the muniez. Here in the US they make you mortgage your house!
So pulling it out may in fact be the best option depending on your cost.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thats what I thought they should do but it seems that as my dental care is funded by the NHS I dont get a say, what they say goes!
They will bridge it when its hanging on its last thread probably, the more patch-ups and last resort complete refill of the tooth, the more money they get paid.
Meanwhile I have to go back and forth to the dentist like an idiot, slowly watching this dead tooth crumble.......when they could just bridge it now and save the hassle.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
Thats what I thought they should do but it seems that as my dental care is funded by the NHS I dont get a say, what they say goes!

Don't give me reasons to not like the UK! Then I don't have anywhere to runaway to

They will bridge it when its hanging on its last thread probably

Maybe
That's the problem! If it breaks further then there may not be enough remaining to form a two tooth bridge. They may have to use another tooth, in which case it becomes a three tooth bridge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join