It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants receiver Plaxico Burress accidentally shoots himself in thigh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dumb-ass.

Talented but troubled Giants wideout Plaxico Burress, adding to his litany of off-field woes, accidentally shot himself in the right thigh, a source and the team said Saturday.

Burress, 31, was released from a Manhattan hospital around 2 p.m. Saturday, the team said in a statement. The Giants provided no details about the incident, although a source said it was self-inflicted.

"We are aware of the fact that Plaxico was involved in an apparent accidental shooting last night," the Giants said. "We have been in contact with Plaxico since shortly after the incident."

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Curious if he is done for the season.

Jeremy Shockey, anyone? This guy is going over the same cliff that Shockey did in New York, not all that long ago. The only difference? Burress is a much better receiver and brings a lot more to the table.

He's just gotta remember that he's playing for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This was my fault. I apologize....

I have him on my fantasy team and I am cursed. It was inevitable that something like this would happen.

Again, I am sorry. If you have Adrian Peterson on your team, you may want to trade him soon too. He is my last solid producer, so it is only a matter of time before he goes down too.

:bash:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Poor guy...

It is just not his year i guess...

I hope that he is not hurt for a long time... his time with the Giants has probaly come to an end...

I doubt he will ever be in an Giant Uniform again...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Poor guy...

It is just not his year i guess...

I hope that he is not hurt for a long time... his time with the Giants has probaly come to an end...

I doubt he will ever be in an Giant Uniform again...

Poor guy my arse. He is a fool that makes millions a year for playing a kid's game and he can't even do that right.

He's stupid and careless.

I hope he goes to jail for his stupidity.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Poor guy my arse. He is a fool that makes millions a year for playing a kid's game and he can't even do that right.

Who also doesn't need to be playing with guns in a club.

I hope he goes to jail for his stupidity.

As long as he goes off the Giants, I don't care where he goes. Another Shockey-esque clown. I hope they win another Super Bowl, this time without him. Let the class guys like Toomer step up and get Plaxico's job done for him.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now he faces criminal charges. Good. I hope he goes to jail. His salary was $7,850,000. What an a-hole.

Burress to Face Weapon Charge

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im glad this was brought up here instead of ATS because somebody would put a spin on this story by saying here is an alien or his birth certificate is a fake or he is the leader of the Mumbai incident but since he is a pro sports figure he may get off lightly and that sucks, He is nobody special(sorry NYG fans and fantasy fans) and carrying a firearm illegally is a crime, Did anybody find out what kind of ammo he was carrying?..Hollow points are illegal to carry in NJ except if you are law enforcement. I just hate how some of these guys think they are above the law because they play a sport and I admit..I watch sports alot, Im a huge hockey fan and im friendly with some Flyers but they have no need or legal right to carry a firearm and this country is already walking on eggshells when it comes to firearms..He should get suspended and he should do sometime in a minimal security prison, We all know that you and I would get thrown in the clink right away.

The security should be fired for their actions and breaking protocol. He carried it from NJ to NY breaking federal rules for carrying a weapon across statelines and then his buddy for hiding evidence and possibly hindering an investigation.. Oh Plaxico Oh Plaxico..you should have just stayed home and rested for the rest of the season....Dummy

[edit on 30-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
New York has gun laws that would make Hitler Smile...

Plax is in BIG trouble for this...

He probaly will see the inside of a jail cell...

Mick Vick
Maruce Clarrett
Plaxaco Burress...

Thats a jailhouse football team...
Im sure Pac-Man will join them again soon...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think Maurice Clarett is the big winner, I believe he had four or five rilfles in his car, some handguns, body armor, and booze...What a role model....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

How much time did he serve though? Doesn't Vick have the big name football player in prison record?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thats a good question Karl...How long did Clarett serve? and Im really anxious to see how long Plaxico Burres does, His agent Drew Rosenhaus needs to be slapped in the face, then tarred and feathered.. I'd love to punch him in his face...sleazy greezy agent!!!

And I hope that P.O.S Mike Vick gets his knuts taken off one day by a rabid dog...Its one thing to be a P.O.S but to injure and torture an animal like he did is irreprehensible...Sorry..I dont mean to sound crass and cold but WTF man

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

His agent Drew Rosenhaus needs to be slapped in the face, then tarred and feathered.. I'd love to punch him in his face...sleazy greezy agent!!!

Truer words have never been spoken.

That man encompasses everything that is wrong with modern sports.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ya know I dont really know why these guys need agent representation, I mean they are already babied enough. Are they that dumb that they cannot think for themselves?..Do they need some slimy sleazy greazy shifty agent speaking for him..

It was priceless when Mike Tirico(I think) asked Drew Rosenhaus why would his client had to have a loaded handgun in a club illegally....I mean you cannot even defend the guy when you know that he messed up big time....All that talent and zero brains!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I was just watching Sportscenter and looks like ole Dumas Burress could get a min of 3 and a half years and his buddy Pierce could get hit with obstruction...The Glock 40. Caliber that idiiot was carrying MAY NOT be registered..Of all the guns to carry around why not get a sidearm that has a safety but instead this moron carries a Glock that has no actual safety but what Glock calls safeaction but for all intents and purposes that type of sidearm has no safety....so for all you BTS members who feel like you want to go to the club strapped illegally make sure you get a weapon with an actual safety, like an M-9 Barretta or an H&K....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Weird that they would be trying to hit Peirce with obstruction. Everything that I heard made it sound like he was nothing but cooperative with the police.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Star reciever on defending Super Bowl champion team....multi million dollar salary......a bright future in the NFL and a very good chance of repeating as champion AGAIN this year......all of the fame and wealth and stardom that one man could ever wish for....

...and he still feels the need to be a big boy and carry a gun around....thus managing to shoot himself in the leg....most likely ending his season and career with the Giants....possibly ending his career completely...all because he wanted to play pretendo thug down at the club.

In the words of the great Wrenn Hoek "YOU IIIIIIIIIDIOT!!"

Maybe he, Mike Vick and Lawrence Phillips can start a funk band together or something.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes Karl..He has been cooperating and has retained a lawyer just in case but they would like to know why he relocated the weapon after DUM DUM shot himself, I have not heard if he brought said weapon back to NJ or kept it someplace in NY

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lawrence Phillips...idiot!!!

Lets review an all star criminal team to field for the NFL

Mark Chumura(sex offender)
OJ Simpson(murderer)
Rae Carruth(murderer)
Plaxico Burress(wanna be thug..DUM DUM..Illegal possesion and discharge of firearm)
Maurice Clarett(Too many to list..lol)
Lawrence Phillips(Assault and Battery..I think)
Mike Vick(POS)

I cant think of anymore right now..feel free to add

[edit on 2-12-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Pacman Jones....Chris Henry....Nate Newton....Michael Irvin....Bryant Mckinney...Tank Johnson....and those are just a few I can think of right away who have been arrested for doing stupid things.

Lawrence Phillips was supposed to be the next Eric Dickerson coming out of Nebraska but for whatever reason he loved beating up women. This last offense that landed him in prison he started a fight in a park with two teenagers over a pickup game and proceeded to run them over with his car (I think that is how the story goes). Either way not too bright.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join