It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thermite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was just watching a video on the collapse of the towers. Just before the collapse molten metal starts spewing from the building. This spew of metal is used as evidence of the controlled demolition. However, it looks very similiar to a thermite reaction to me.

I searched ATS for "Thermite 9/11." It seems that the use of thermite has been all but dismissed in the past.

Thermite is generally in the form of aluminium and iron oxide. The building contained a vast amount of iron. The plane was made of aluminium. I think it could be possible that the aluminium from the craft met with some iron oxide contained in the building.

To use evidence that is a misrepresentation is worse than providing a lack of evidence. I myself believe that 9/11 smells pretty fishy, and it smells of an inside job. However, I think that some of the evidence us "truthers" use could often be just as shaky as the evidence supporting that it was a terrorist attack.

Does anyone

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I saw a programme about this on television a while ago on the actual days of the attack they got the dust that was laying around and they tested it and you could clearly see unreacted bits of thermite but i think it was something called Nano thermite rather than normal thermite

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It would take tons of thermite and extensive work,ripping down walls a very large team and months of preparation ie it wouldnt go unnoticed.The thermite theory is as nonsensical as they come,but yes i agree 9/11 was fishy and more than likely an inside job,just dont know how they did it...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
thermite was an idea thought of by inept fools with no understanding of the basics of chemistry. i ahve a bs in chem and if someone used thermite it would be all over the place and easily detectable. that idea thought up by nuts only shows how dumb they are. In any event 911 i think was a conspiracy but that idea is a red herring. Or to translate to the common folk that means its a distraction from the truth whatever that is.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thermit would have lit up the windows like flares. It burns extremely bright and would have been readily noticeable to anybody.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While I do not have an degree in chemistry I did heard opinions that it could have been Thermite slicing the steal. So I am not sure if this is really true. I am however one of those 911 was a inside job believers. Not just because there was or was not Thermite involved, but the tons of other information that is available today. So I do hope one day the truth comes to light and those responsible brought to justice. Unfortunately this might only happen after the guilty are no longer alive. In any case I feel sorry for the families who lost someone in the attack and also for the people in the last minutes before dying.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow, here is a theory that has been talked about before...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So the aluminium from the plane could in no way have mixed with a rusted steal beam to cause even a small scale reaction?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted by Namaste
So the aluminium from the plane could in no way have mixed with a rusted steal beam to cause even a small scale reaction?

Nah, that is totally ludicrous. Tell you what; go to an aircraft boneyard and buy yourself a few pieces of aircraft aluminum, get some rusty structural steel and a kerosene furnace, and heat and bang those pieces together for several weeks, and we will see if you can start a thermite reaction.

Videotape and document it all and bring back your evidence here to us at ATS. We eagerly await your research. Incidentally the only physical evidence which I have seen which might indicate thermite cuts was on huge columns cut diagonally down at the bottom of the towers. Construction workers would not have wasted time cutting these pieces at an angle with a crane attached. This thermite/thermate might not have been visible from outside the buildings.

[edit on 11/30/08 by SPreston]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

You forgot these SPreston:

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted by CameronFox

You forgot these SPreston:

I thought this thread concerned the WTC Towers and thermite/thermate/nanite thermite used to assist the demolition of the towers. What in the world do those unrelated photos have to do with this topic?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I was showing pictures of the columns being cut. There is not any proof whatsoever that the photo's you show are cuts from thermite.

This has been discussed here on many occasions.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted by CameronFox

I was showing pictures of the columns being cut. There is not any proof whatsoever that the photo's you show are cuts from thermite.

We have no idea why they are making those cuts on those columns in your photos. We do not even know what city those columns are in do we? Try to use evidence from the WTC if you can.

Furthermore I do not really care if those are thermite cuts or not because I know that aircraft and jet fuel fires could not have brought those steel framed towers down. The evidence shows explosives of some nature taking out the core structure and hurling the exterior walls in every direction for up to 600 feet. Something took out the core structure in tower one because the antenna which was sitting on the core structure and bolted to it fell first before any floors moved downward. Perhaps it was a thermite/thermate/nano thermite/explosive combination, or just explosives of some nature alone. Regardless WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7 were deliberately destroyed with malice aforethought and innocent people and firefighters trapped inside.

[edit on 11/30/08 by SPreston]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The firemen at the scene already admitted to cutting the columns at the WTC i think...do you know something i dont preston,im pretty sure that was the firemen..

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

We have no idea why they are making those cuts on those columns in your photos. We do not even know what city those columns are in do we? Try to use evidence from the WTC if you can.

Yeah, we do. It was part of the clean up process. There was actually a video of Ground Zero showing the clean up crews using torches on the columns.

What city were these photo's taken from? That wold be New York City sir.

new topics

top topics

join