It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are there any live feeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have a question about are there any live feeds to watch outerspace?
I have tried to seach and all I found was video feeds that were not live,
except for the nasa feeds.
I would like to see live feeds from outerspace, via telescope or satilite.

thanks for any response.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I was going to make a thread about the exact same subject seriously because id like to see if their is any live feeds (other than nasa) aswell

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
NASA feeds are it as far as I know. Or maybe you mean nightime sky feeds, not from orbit?

I know of none currently.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Live feeds of the earth from a Satellite? Yeah right. I highly doubt they would allow such a feed. Who knows what the camera might pickup without going through the awesome Nasa screening process.

C-BuZz

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
While he was still in office, Al Gore tried to put up a satellite that would provide 24/7 live video of the Earth. I would guess the idea got shot down (pun).

Here's an old article on his effort:

Gore's Satellite

From the article:

Under instructions from Vice President Al Gore, NASA is scrambling to put a satellite in space that for the first time would broadcast live pictures of the Earth 24 hours a day for Internet users and television outlets.

I wonder why this never came to fruition? I guess they don't want us to "see" our own planet.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just thought we would have live feeds after watching CNN broadcasting
holograms during the election this year. I seen this on many movies but didn't think that would even be possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
I just thought we would have live feeds after watching CNN broadcasting
holograms during the election this year. I seen this on many movies but didn't think that would even be possible.

It isn't. That was not a hologram. Wolf Blitzer was not looking at an image of Jessica Yellin, he was "acting". Only the home viewers could see her. www.cbc.ca...

As far as live feed of outer space goes, space is a very large place. If you want a live feed free of NASA "interference", go out and get a good telescope. You'll learn a lot more with that than you will by watching a video feed.

A live feed of Earth? Sort of the same problem. What part of Earth do you want to see? Your neighbors' back yard? Well you can, if you have the bucks. It will only be available when the satellite passes overhead though, no geosynchronous satellite can provide that kind of resolution. Give these guys a call. www.geoeye.com...

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Phage]

top topics

join