It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Disaster Will Lead to Civil Disorder in 2009 or 2010, Says Secret Citibank Memo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja

Originally posted by Fang
I shouldn't worry. They seem to have got every other forecast wrong over the last 12 months, I'm sure this one is no different.

This.

There are so many doom and gloom predictions for the economy. All I know is that I went cold turkey from the Alex Jones radio feed because all it's doing is depressing people and making them terribly anxious.

I'm not saying it's intentional, but all this obsessive feeding frenzy of panic which the media has infected the public with has got to be doing something to us collectively, and it's not going to be something good.

Smile and be happy, spend time with your family, most of us I would hope have got enough food on the table. So just try and just turn the radio off if they're spreading more doom mongering. Dont feed your fear from it, although the impulse to listen and become more scared is pretty strong.

All this will blow over at some point, and if it doesn't well there isn't much we can do about it anyway.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by unnamedninja]

Well done sir. I too wonder at the media's apparent desire to make a bed situation worse. Without hope there is nothing and to be frank we have allbeen in worse situations than this.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't think the memo is real. And if it is real, and we believe that some jerk from Citigroup can predict the future, when he could not predict the fate of Citi, and could not even help Citi. Where was he when Citi was falling, did he predict that Citi would have to be bailed out?

My prediction: We are in a recession. We have been in recessions before. We were in a great depression where the gov. didn't do anything to help until it was too late, and we still survived!

People were starving during the great depression, were there any concentration camps then? Were we under martial law? Did we have a civil war? Answer: no, not even under those conditions did we fall.

Now we have a gov. who acted immediately, before any of us could realize what was happening. The gov's actions are what scared the crap out of everyone.

Could China afford to sit back and let their greatest investment go broke? Answer: no.

I love these people who start falling apart when things don't work perfectly, "we're going to be placed under martial law...", "we're going to have a civil war...", "we're going to be imprisoned in concentration camps..."

Maybe this recession will put a little hair on your chests, pansies. (Just joking about being pansies, but really learn to tough it out a little before freaking out.) Both of my maternal/paternal grandparents went through a great depression, then right into a would war, very hard times! Some of us give up too easily. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Fang

But, there is evidence that he has been predicting the financial problems accross the board and consistently. Even in the face of other "financial analysts" hired by said institutions he's been proven right and they wrong.

If you put him and a bunch of bankers against each other, over the past couple of years he has been right, and they have been mocking him openly, and been proven absolutely wrong.

I know who's opinion I'll trust more.

As for the OP, this is common sense.
It doesn't take an analyst to suggest that financial hardship causes civil unrest. It is inevitable.

On the news this morning they were reporting civil unrest in Turkey as a result of this financial crisis.

If the problem persists and deepens, civil unrest will spread to other nations, it's only logical that this will happen. It's not scare-mongering to have a sensible attitude and prepare for what is probable.

The only thing I hope is that the people fire their anger in the right direction. When you have people attacking the institutions truly responsible, and the people still claiming big pay for a lousy job, then it's all justified. But when they start attacking the infrastructure of the country, affecting the lives of regular innocent people, then it's out of hand and needs controlling.

TBH, I'd gladly watch the mansions of the greedy elite burn without any sympathy.

And I'll be watching the bonfire to with a smile on my face. But I don't buy into this 'Schiff the psychic' stuff. Lots of people saw the writing on the wall. Greed, self interest and more greed, meant they didn't shout about it. In the UK, I heard on numerous ocaissions from colleagues that Northern Rock was a house of cards. But while NR was expanding market share, increasing 'shareholders value' and making profits, no one said anything too loudly.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't think we need a memo from Citi to figure this out.

This financial mess is unprecedented in history and I believe we have not even seen the tip of the iceberg.

Money is a faith based system and when the people at the top completely compromise the faith of the masses, you have chaos just around the horizon.

People can't keep up anymore. You can't even believe the number of foreclosures in my area, that was once very prosperous.

Example: A house that went for $130,000.00 US you can now buy for around $30,000.00 and there are many of them. 1 in 4 homes is in foreclosure and jobs are dwindling. The media keeps saying all is ok, BS!

I guess the naive can believe what they want as the ship sinks.

Answers: Stay healthy, the rest can be worked out.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ya the online definition of " civil disorder " is: A violent public disturbance by three or more people which causes danger, damage or injury to property or persons.

Amazing what a definition will do for the news headlines.

Not saying global chaos isn't probable, cuz I think it is. Just remember when you buy your guns...the world will run outta bullets.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Maybe this recession will put a little hair on your chests, pansies. (Just joking about being pansies, but really learn to tough it out a little before freaking out.) Both of my maternal/paternal grandparents went through a great depression, then right into a would war, very hard times! Some of us give up too easily. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Agreed, people need to toughen up.

I think any of us that went to college (without a lot of financial support) realize what it's like to be in a "depression" for 4-5 years. You're broke, saving up for maybe one night a week to do something fun, eating PBJ sandwiches, top ramen, and working your butt off so you can move on to something better. I don't have any problem with doing it again...

I swear peer pressure and trying to impress the opposite sex is what this fear is about right now. How will I buy that new cell phone, car, house, clothes, or TV to keep up with the other guy/girl wallowing in debt? We haven't even hit a true "fear" of just having food to eat and a warm place to sleep (ok Detroit is an exception). The current fear is for people that need gadgets and fluff to feel better about themselves...the party is over.

Stick with family, friends, go outside and exercise (it's free), write a book, play cards, hike, fish, paint...lots of cheap stuff to do to better yourself than buying a new toy.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes, I think the media is going to sugar-coat everything, since they don't want people to panic. This economy is growing worse every week, and it will continue to do so into 2009 and 2010.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

Yes! I did that too. Went through college without a pot to piss in, I could barely make it there some days because I was riding on empty (not enough cash for gas in my car). I even ran out of gas a few times on the parkway. You learned how to survive! You got good at it.

Luckily I haven't had to resort to my skills yet. When I do, I'll know exactly what to do. (But I doubt that will happen.) WE won't have it half as bad as our grandparents who got through the depression and WWII.

We might have to pass on that new TV, or going out to eat! Poor us... we have it so bad!

Yes! Read books, learn a new craft, improve your karma, meditate. Create stuff instead of just buying stuff. Maybe the reaction we're starting to hear from the pansies, I believe are the moans of withdrawal from consumption.

I don't mean to sound condescending, sorry. We're all in this boat together. All I'm saying is that we might get some boo-boo's, so lets put a band aid on them and toughen up a little.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

I don't know, Atomic. Even Paulson described this situation as a "once in a century" type deal. I still think we're in the early phases of this, and we ain't seen nothin' yet.

It's not all about surviving, either. It's about what these crazed sheep will do when they finally wake up. (That Wal-Mart stampede serves as a reminder for me about how crazy these people are going to get.)

Let me say it again. We ain't seen nothin' yet.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Financial Disaster Will Lead to Civil Disorder in 2009 or 2010, Says Secret Citibank Memo

www.naturalnews.com

An internal memo from a top Citibank analyst reveals what the banks really think about the global financial situation, and the outlook is grim.

"The world is not going back to normal after the magnitude of what they have done. When the dust settles this will either work, and the money they have pushed into the system will feed through into an inflation shock," wrote Tom Fitzpatrick, Citibank's chief technical strategist.

He goes on to explain that the massive money creation efforts by the Federal Reserve and other central banks will end with one of two things: A resurgence of inflation, or a fall into "depression, civil disorder and possibly wars."
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Note: PLEASE READ: *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by semperfortis]

well to start with, I think it would be a good idea to post all the info without clipping it to slant the meaning.
In addition, even if this were true, the morons at citi, couldn't even run their business so I find it impossible that they'd be able to predict world market outcome.
Sounds like nothing more then fear mongering to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So what's the use of complaining about something if we're not gonna commit to what needs to be done to solve any certain crisis? Heard it suggested somewhere that faith without works is dead... I don't have any answers either, tho, so - HMMMMM - what a predicament huh? Gotta laugh or i jus might cry. PEACE

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Remember though, that it's the banks that are causing this...

They want this to happen; at least, those at the very top of the pyramid. They're doing a really good job making it sound like a 'crisis.' Most people are too tuned in to college football, American Idol, or Dancing with the Stars to even understand the implications of what's actually going on.

Citibank plans to cut over 50,000 jobs. That's not fear-mongering. That's real.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
reply to post by jfj123

Remember though, that it's the banks that are causing this...

They want this to happen; at least, those at the very top of the pyramid. They're doing a really good job making it sound like a 'crisis.' Most people are too tuned in to college football, American Idol, or Dancing with the Stars to even understand the implications of what's actually going on.

Citibank plans to cut over 50,000 jobs. That's not fear-mongering. That's real.

They need to cut jobs to keep from going out of business. If Citibank planned to ruin their company, they're more stupid then I thought they were. They acquired too much risky debt because they were greedy. It's not like their master plan is to push their company to the brink of bankruptcy then beg the government for money.
It's really simple.
Greed with blinders on.
The fear mongering comes from people misrepresenting articles to create a sense of fear.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic

Stick with family, friends, go outside and exercise (it's free), write a book, play cards, hike, fish, paint...lots of cheap stuff to do to better yourself than buying a new toy.

exactly. I don't buy all the fear mongering that we all will be destitute. I think our life style will change and our economy will not grow as much because of people not being able to get into rampant debt (which the Fed is trying to change). But our life style will be how it SHOULD be. Investments will be put into places that will fare well, not just because the prices of their shares are in a bubble that is about to burst.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
the question is.....
what country owns america

Easy one that : China.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Boognish

im not one to know astro locations
i just know that theres this big blip that keeps getting bigger every year
take it for what it is
it is what it is, whatever it is
and as for planet x, i dont know if it exist or not
but Revelations speaks of the star Wormwood falling into the sea
making the sea bitter
SO, theres going to be some astrological activity soon
Bible speaks of signs and wonders in the Heavens
what ever it is
It is just a little odd

[edit on 1-12-2008 by GRANDWORLDDRAMA]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Gives more credibility to the DELIBERATE ORCHESTRATION theory

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Man the end must really be Nigh because i actually agree with DD for once.

this whole situation reminds me of This episode of The Boondocks.

(spoiler alert
Ed Wuncler, who is Woodcrests own "Mr. Potter", has been trying to buy the town park for years, but the state wants too much money. so he gets Grandad to open a Soulfood restaurant across the street which creates a chain reaction which ultimately leads to the property values plummeting. Ed Wuncler closes the restaurant down at the end of the episode and grandad looks defeated, while Ed Wuncler looks across the street to the park to see it fenced off with a large "Wuncler Construction" billboard inside the gates, then he smiles.

I say the first cat to make a multi billion dollar land grab should be shot out of a cannon into a brick wall.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In the video Peter Schiff said that the coming recession would be a good thing; that it would be the "bitter medicine" that we all need, and that once over it we would be in a better place.
I think he was right on. All of this bailing out going on around the world might just be taking the proverbial mole hill and actually making a mountain of it -- a bigger problem that will take much longer and much more pain in the end to get over.
I've been belt tightening for years and am willing to tighten even more, but lets get started already. I hate just delaying the inevitable.
No wars, no martial law, no civil unrest, just pull up your boot strings and all chip in together to get over it as best we can.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been in construction for 22 years. In that time, I have learned that the economy runs in cycles of growth and recession. I have come to understand that recession is nothing more than nature's law of survival of the fittest. It eliminates those businesses that can't survive without a "glut" in the market, just as animals perish when they become too old, injured, or undernourished in the wild. As cold as it may sound, let the businesses with poor management practices go the way of the Edsel.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
yeah well this guy has posted every event from fredd and fanny to now and next year in advance of them happening, like he had seen it all.100 percent accurate and the site vanished, it was hidden in a marketing page but thank god someone has copied it and re posted the page here. you want mind blowing, try a guy who seems to know the future, there is still heaps of things he has quoted that are happening and yet to happen. what person can say there will be a world wide depression weeks before even freddy and fannie went down, and then call stocks and markets 100 percent? no one yet here it is, this is the reposted page www.thenewdavincis.info...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join