It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Police find videotape with terror threats to Rome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Italian police have discovered a video tape in which Jordanian Sheikh Abu Qatadah Al Falastini threatens to destroy Rome.

AFP

"Rome is the cross and the West is the cross. And the people of Rome are the patrons of the cross. Muslims' target is the West. We will open Rome," the message continued.

The interpreter who provided the anti-terrorist police with an Italian version of the tape said "open" was a historic term meaning "seize through force and bloodshed by destroying and subjugating the people", Panorama continued.

Daily newspaper La Stampa said investigators were taking the threats seriously. They come nine days before the Christian world celebrates Easter.

Sheikh Abu Qatadah Al Falastini is being held in a prison in Britain, and the article did not make it clear whether or not he made the statements himself in person or not on the video tape. The timing of this discovery is also coincidental, as there has been some speculation recently that Italy is going to be terror attacked soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What are they trying to do, make sure the whole world is pissed at them till the end of time? That's what will happen if they start hitting historical landmarks. Sounds like the jack-asses that burned the library at Alexandria.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm still very concerned about Easter Mass at the Vatican. My daughter pointed out that they could also pick Palm Sunday as it would be less anticipated. But I feel Easter Mass would be of the most "significance" as a target.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join