It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan may relocate 100,000 army personnel to border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Mercenary2007

As I've said before. The only loser here is Pakistan. You had better believe they are considering moving their troops. They'll probably do it too.
However, the guilty party in this has every intention of making them do it...

That also gives the US the excuse to move in.

They are getting pinched from both sides.

The winners: The US, India, the Terrorist.

Take from that what you will. And watch for border disputes in the near future near Kashmir.
The loser: Pakistan.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

You are making an assumption that the Government of Pakistan truly values the interest of the people. Which it doesn't. The Pak leaders have been found and convicted of corruption charges (Bhutto) and will now dictate what the army will do.

Pakistan is already finished because US and India already have control of it. Oh, and that $10 Billion aid, is just bribe money.

Crooks in power will use Pakistan's resources to destroy itself.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
That also gives the US the excuse to move in.

DING! DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner.

----

In all seriousness the future will reveal what these orchestrated situations resulted in and I for one won't be at all surprised.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think the US needs to start reconsidering our relationship with these people. Pakistan has hardly been an ally of the US.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More details above.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The squeeky wheel normally gets the grease.

The Indian/Pakistani border will be the prime concern of Pakistan. Since they have permitted Islamic terrorists to hole up in their country, then it should be no surprise that there would eventually be a price to pay.

There is no love lost between India and Pakistan. Both countries have nuclear weapons, and it is not unthinkable that in the event of increasing tensions, one may determine that "he who strikes first cannot get hit first."

It's not as though the Pakistani troops on the border with Afghanistan were doing their job worth a damn. So they won't be missed.

Except to be out of the way for more black ops against the Islamic fundamentalists holed up in that region.

Every time I loo on the horizon lately, I see nothing but storm clouds.

Just wonder who is going to get hit first?

And how long it storms?

And who all gets hit.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

Yes it is.

If there is an escalation then they should be in a position to defend themselves. What the hell are you talking about?

Fair enough.. and soon one can start openly threatening the pre-emptive use of nuclear weapons.. of course just to 'defend' oneself..
Mushyboy circa 2001-02 anyone?

So Pakistan might be attacked due to escalation of events and they shouldn't move to protect themselves? Would you expect your nation to do the same?

And in any case.. 100,000 troops will make sense (defensively) if your foe is planning a full scale invasion and occupation.. The greatest degree of conflict envisioned here is a low intensity precision strike on select areas; not a war per say..

However, if you want to launch a counter invasion (or open a new front/theatre) that will force your foe to cease its deep strike operations etc..
Then amasssing troops where you want to punch through is a very good idea.. effectively used by Pakistan in 1971 and 1965..
However, though opening new fronts/theatres does push your foe back on the defensive to group thus buying you more time, it also escalates the war from a low intensity conflict to a full fledged war.. closer to the nuclear hair trigger..

P.S. India has been using it's agents to bomb Chinese engineers in Pakistan for some time now. No public outcry. Why? Cos they are baddies Muslim friends of course so none deserve to live right? Nazism.

And the Chinese fund naxal commie /maoist rebels in India.. and India funds rebels in Baluchistan etc.. Everyone does that.. its a dirty dirty world.. But it just got a lot dirtier with this Mumbai attack.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

there are no winners in this BS.

I have no doubt if Pakistan moves there troops away from the afgan border that the U.S. will take advantage of that. Hell they already have free reign to do it if they want. the Pakistan army can't stop them. They know even with the U.S. military stretched thin we'd wipe the board with their a$$.

Its no secret that the Pakistani Government sponsored terrorist that's why the U.S. Threatened to invade Pakistan also after 911 if Masareff didn't start cracking down on the terrorists in Pakistan.

Like I said earlier it doesn't matter what Pakistan does next. they can move their whole army to the border with India. The Ball is in India's court now. So if they make a move against Pakistan you can bet your last dollar war will break out and the U.S. will get involved because we all know the rest of the world will go crying to the U.N. to make The U.S. intervene.

The only question to that is which side will the U.S. take. Back India the recent victim of terrorism or Pakistan the state sponsor of terrorism. And yes that's how the government will spin it to sell it to the American people.

People said Bush wanted another war and they have been saying he'll invade Iran. I call BS on those claims. I say there will be a new war between India and Pakistan in about 2 weeks and Bush will send in troops from Afghanistan

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Your saying the US government threatened to invade Pakistan after 9/11 meanwhile they have been giving BILLIONs to the Pakistanis. That doesnt sound like something you would do if you were gonna invade them.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

I'm not Pakistani FFS! But I do try to see things with an open mind and I do have some Pakistani friends.

I seriously doubt that.. There is no harm in being Pakistani you know.. well whatever floats your boat I guess..

No first use? Pakistan hasn't used them yet and I nor you are aware of what their or India's true military strategic policies are. Also, considering they are 'dynamic' to changes in the context either one can change their policies quickly.

Perhaps they should follow U.S policy of first use like they did is Hirshima and Nagasaki. Maybe that would make you happy.

China and India are the ONLY nuclear weapons states that officially exhibit a no-first-use policy.. kind of helps prevent nuclear war to a certain don't you think so? I think all countries should officially take that stance..

And w.r.t. India and Pakistan, its quite obvious who 'needs' to use nuclear weapons in a conflict and who does not need to.. irrespective of official policies..
I can link a couple of articles from 2001-02 where Musharraf was chucking open threats on the right to use nuclear weapons etc etc.. These statements are quite serious.. though ironically they may have scared the # out of Indian politicos who were all gung-ho about warring with Pakistan in 2001-02.

India has always been starting tensions. Their terrorism in Kashmir is one major part of that. India and Co. have been terrorising Pakistan with bombings since their last major war.

Now I find it very very hard to believe that such a statement would come from a neutral unbiased person. Either you are Pakistani with deep rooted biases or you just take every word your Pakistani friends give you.
Any well read person (w/o bias) would never say 'xx has always started tensions' etc.. especially on the India-Pak issue. Its not all black and white..

Off topic really.. but where are you from .. really? Curious to know..
Here is an article about killed Chinese engineers:

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

And yes, they were Indian agents who carried this out. (it only serves their interest and no one else).

They could interest the baloch tribals who don't like others roaming around that region..
Bt seriously.. these guys were building a CEMENT FACTORY in a remote region on the opposite side of Pakistan (from India). What motive could India
possibly have to stop that?!!

Israel has been collaborating with India on its borders and within to support and conduct terror actions on the people of Kashmir. Israel who are involved in Nazi based terrorism of Palestinians and India who are involved in Nazi based terrorism of Kashmir\Muslims.

Prove it.. or at least point us to links that IMPLY the same.. Your chinese engineers link didn't even imply Indian involvement!! :|

I don't see Pakistan (as a stated based policy) do this to anyone.

What does that mean?!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

now you are talking..
I completely agree with you here. So what do you propose as a solution?
Nobody wants to go to war? Trust me..
Its just frustration and anger that people want to vent out due to the suffering hey have gone through..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Is that a Sikh/Sardar Punjabi? If so, what do you feel about Khalisthan?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

since when does anything the U.S. Government do make any kind of sense? And yes they threatened Pakistan with invasion if they didn't crack down on terrorists. then after Musharraf proved to Bush they were then we gave them money to help them out as a reward.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken
Haha finally my conspiracy plan is falling in place,soon as i heard about mumbai attacks i knew that it's Pakistans turn now.

-Pakistan sends its troops from Northern regions to bordering india to deal with any retaliation from india.

-US/NATO get furious about pakistan not protecting its northern borders from terrorists and they start bombarding the crap outa North pakistan.

-Pakistan can't deal with soo many nations attacking it from every angle so it decides to nuke india.

-india nukes back pakistan.

THE END

[edit on 29-11-2008 by t0ken]

Well... that would be fun stuff to watch in the evening news, a real all out war with nukes going off and all, then israel attacking iran like the other poster said... etc etc... BUT nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. Altho both indians and pakistanis are equally fanatic, everyone will shut up soon, special / covert ops will take over, and nothing of relevant will be done or known by the "general public" - the usual.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by mybigunit

since when does anything the U.S. Government do make any kind of sense? And yes they threatened Pakistan with invasion if they didn't crack down on terrorists. then after Musharraf proved to Bush they were then we gave them money to help them out as a reward.

I dont think your understanding what Im saying. Im saying it was rhetoric. Why would they threaten and then give them all sorts of money. I think there is a little more to the Pakistani US relationship than we know.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There wont be a full scale war...no one would benefit,plus it will cause more problems than it would solve...it would be an absolutely foolish move.I dont see it happening.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I really don't think past patterns of behavior are very reliable anymore. In every nation, there is a significant sense of unease as the events all over the world indicate things are getting completely out of hand.

Russia rattling sabers. Iran rattling sabers. US rattling sabers and slashing. China getting its feet on others doorsteps. Europe nervous about former USSR members dragging them into conflict with Russia. Iran threatening Israel. Syria feinting toward Lebanon. Israel threatening Iran.

Just one little event, and the proverbial feces hit the rotating blades.

Then we have warnings by multiple sources indicating that within the first few months of Obama's Presidency that there will be a significant event occur to test him.

The last time there was so much going on at once was in 1939-40.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Is that a Sikh/Sardar Punjabi? If so, what do you feel about Khalisthan?

I'm Hindu Punjabi
Khalistan no longer exists as a movement

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think that there will be a war between India and Pakistan. Tensions have not been this high between them since the early 1990's, when the U.S. got both countries to "stand down", so to speak. And they have had three or four wars since each of them became independent in the late 1940's. The only thing about a possible war between them now is that both countries are known to have nuclear weapons in their arsenals. India's nuclear weapons program is better, with both tactical nuke's and missiles that are designed and capable of mounting nuclear tipped warhead. Pakistan, although more heavily laden with tactical nukes that can be fitted to airplanes and artillery, still has a few missiles capable of being fitted with nuclear tipped warheads. They are on the edge of a precipice, and the ground is rapidly crumbling around them. The next few days will be criticle here. And it will not only affect them, you have Mainland China, the U.S. Britain, Russia and a few other countries in the mix as well. If war starts with Pakistan and India, other nations, including the U.S. will get pulled into it. The resulting devestation will be too much for the nations of that region to handle, sending all their economies, and ours by extension into a further downward spiral that will take many years to get over.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
Check it out.

Mumbai attacks: 'It's war' declares Indian press

Yeah here is the editorial

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

interesting read for sure. India is going through what we did on 9/11. More questions than answers.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well I hope it doesn't turn to war, the last thing we need in this world is another war

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join