It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush facing flood of pardon requests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Bush facing flood of pardon requests

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - Historically stingy with granting pardons, President George W. Bush is facing a flood of requests for get-out-of-jail cards or wiping criminals' records clean on his way out of the White House.

Junk-bond king Michael Milken, media mogul Conrad Black and American-born Taliban soldier John Walker Lindh are among the more than 2,000 people who have applied to the Justice Department seeking official forgiveness in the form of pardons or sentence commutations.

But with Bush's term ending Jan. 20, some lawyers are lobbying the White House directly to pardon their clients. That raises the possibility that the president could excuse scores of people, including some who have not been charged, to protect them from future accusations, such as former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales or star baseball pitcher Roger Clemens.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
how ironic, a criminal being asked to pardon another criminal.

I don't think he will pardon all the requests but if he pardons Roger Clemens I am out-a-here! He is a entertainer for god sakes, the man should take like a man and cope.

And now we wait to see what bush will do with india!? I have that feeling again.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This reminds me of ancient Rome.
Begging the Emperor for forgiveness.
When the Emperor himself is the one, who truly needs forgiveness.

join