It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Arkansas Earthquakes = New Madrid Warning!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Yes that's true. There have been a couple in Hot Springs County. I picked up a news paper from there just yesterday where they had a front page article about the earthquakes and how the testing has gotten "serious"... It is not a large newspaper or anything but it is very interesting that they would put the article on the front page with the word serious. I have talked to a couple people around the area and they just think I am waiting for Armageddon or something which is so ignorant. Its funny how many people think I am kook even after they have multiple reports about the situation along with a detailed one from FEMA.

A series of earthquakes in the area of Magnet Cove and Diamondhead in late November have been taken seriously and now there are four seismometers in Magnet Cove and one in Diamondhead in an effort to learn more about the earthquakes which have alarmed residents of Hot Spring County and Garland County. The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM), The Arkansas Geological Survey (AGS) and the Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI) at the University of Memphis are monitoring the area surrounding Garland and Hot Spring Counties where a swarm of small earthquakes alarmed residents over the month of November.

MDR

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A very strange quake just hit the mid-Atlantic ridge. It was 5.6 off the coast of NE of Surinam. I've also noticed quite a few medium size quakes in California and out West. Meanwhile, its been quite in the New Madrid Zone. I wondering if these quakes maybe building up pressure in the New Madrid Zone.

Mid Atlantic Quake

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Text I have been having a ringing tone in my ears in the past few weeks and sometimes they have been attributed to geologic activity that humans can sense. While this does not conclusively prove to me that there will be a Major New Madrid disaster I do give credence to the Web bot project and their positive hits.There could be something to it. I also have followed the readings of Edgar Cayce and he said that the United States Geographicaly would be changed . Specificaly saying that the Great Lakes would empty into the Gulf of Mexico and one way of that happeing would be if the New Madrid fault were to crack wide open. Edgar Cayce was billed as the "Sleeping Prophet" and made several prediction in his sleep that have come to pass. Lets say noting will happen at all .. I think we should take this oportunity to prepare ..if not a New Madrid disaster for another one ...now get going ....

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

I'm living in the danger zone, in an area that the ground might move at twice the speed of gravity, 2 miles from 36n,90w. Some sources show that as epicenter of the 1811 quake.

Reelfoot-rift is a failed rift, which means that at sometime the continent tried to break apart, now seems to be pushing together. When we do get a big quake it will be FUBAR!!! But 2012 might set it off, plus many other things, and whole world be in worse shape than Bush got us in!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hippy2012

Turns out they've found a fault line running across part of the state around Marianna Ar. The report said a major gas line actually was built directly over it. Now ain't that lovely!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join