It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so UFO's are REAL..now what?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oinkment

its ok Oinkment, u will catch up to us one day.... when one hits you in the face... its ok to ignore the facts and look at life with a blindfold... its ok... u will be smart enough one day to realize that you don't see with your eyes, you see with your mind.

now for the reply.

Yes they do exist. i have not seen any of them (UFO's) before... but i still say they exist because the universe is infinately large. have you ever thought of just imagining on how HUGE the universe is? here is an idea... use the earth as a good example.... take a clump of dirt (on earth)... take a grain of it... THATS THE MILKY WAY. now go smaller. Molecular size now. thats our solar system. now go smaller to the atom. thats earth. now the quarks that make up the atom... thats the main elements on earth... now go smaller to the borons (still theory i think) thats us... thats the size comparison im trying to make here. now you tell me, how can we be all alone in such a gigantic place? logic tells me (were not alone at all, life is everywhere)

Hope my contributions helped.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The chances of alien life form has increased massively even over the last 10 years. We are now starting to (i.e. last 10 years) detect other planets in our galaxy AND finding life on our own planet in palces that we did not think could exist (deep underground in the earth. in 100C water jets streaming from the earth).

So scientifically, I can buy that there is alien life form. My own opinion is there are numerous reasons for UFOs:

1. Some will be hoaxes or genuine mistakes

2. We don't understand all the natural phenomena - large thunderstorms reaching up the edge of the earth have only recently been discovered. I think there may also be mileage in plasam balls.

3. Military - Triangular aircraft in the 80s that were not picked up on radar now look very suspiciously like stealth bombers.

4. I think that some may be crafts from our own future i.e. us from the future - deliberately disguised?

5. Some sort of external alien Life forms.

It woudl be churlish to say that space travel is impossible - we don't understand all the forces of nature (even Einstein couldn't unify the fileds)- never mind harness these

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I do like the cut of your jib re: this link.

Next step, if we assume that aliens exist - maybe we can catalogue them and/or their craft from people's real life experience in the community.

Maybe we can measure their appearances i.e. catalogue when/where they have been seen to see if there is any patterns.

Above must be based on the community evidence though

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know UFO's are real, I have seen two of them so far in my life.

I think they are piloted by beings from other worlds, perhaps even other times/dimensions. I also believe some are just drones, like UAV's, probes.
Now, here comes the why do i think they are here part.

I honestly am really starting to believe from what research I have found, that a Creator of the Universe, empowered them with the task of creating humans. I think that the reason why we see them is because they are checking up on their experiment and monitoring it's progress.

I think somewhere along the way, something "rotten" got into the experiment. Kind of like "a fly in the ointment". That "fly " being the ones behind the NWO. I just find it fascinating the intellect it must take to figure out how to enslave almost an entire planet, chip every man and woman and child and sustain a system thru the generations, when most of us can't even get our own children to follow in our own footsteps. Even if you figured out how why would you want to on such a mass scale? How much is enough?

Furthermore, if you look at the rate at which they are obtaining wealth and resources with everything flowing in one direction, away from us and toward them, i mean how much money is enough?

It is as if to say that the experiment that is is "mankind" at one point was panning out and doing alright, and something, some beings saw this and said umm wait a sec. Here lies an opportunity. Kind of like "Ra" in Stargate.

So I think the implementers of the original experiment are just sitting back, considering this a challenge to our species and they find it amusing I'm sure as we constantly make the same mistakes over, and over again rip each other limb from limb over money, resources etc. All waiting for an "expiration date" on the experiment. I think that date seems to point to December 21, 2012.

Either some Mayan dudes hand got tired of writing all of these numbers and he stopped the numbers out of fatigue, and we're reading a lot more into this than it is really worth. In that case the same dude that wrote the I Ching system that would have to be his excuse too for that clocks seems to point to 2012 as well. If that were true it wouldn't explain away the ET's and UFO's, right?

Or It could mean reinforcements start to show up. yeah , that's right Aliens, ET's , EBE's. They show up to either reset the "test environment", or they "deliver us from this evil and greed" with all of their advanced technology setting us all "free" from utility bills and cars that burn fossil fuels, i.e mankind gets introduced to"free-energy", on a unstoppable massive scale. The powers that be shake and quiver for their weapons are no match for these guys, that is unless they call in reinforcements too, (hmmmn.) now there's a thought a galactic war over little ole us.

I say that because back in history at the buildings of the pyramids there seemed to be a "spike" in intelligence out of nowhere. A civilization seemed to have disappeared here and there too. Perhaps we're all in store for something like this.

Just one man's opinion. Great Thread!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I also believe they are alien but deff. the government does have some crafts built. I think that the saucer is a "basic" advanced craft to build as far as anti gravity. If its true that there are UFO's that are miles wide or are cylinder in shape they must be alien..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

I agree. It frustrates me when people deny the existence of UFOs. The fact is that they do exist, whatever they may be. Government, extraterrestrial, other intelligences. So the question should not be "Do UFOs exist?". The real questions should be "What are UFOs?" and "What do they want with us?" Personally, through my research, I believe them to be interdimensional visitors that may in fact be just as confused as we are.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Oops, wrong thread. Never mind. Sorry.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Oops, wrong thread. Never mind. Sorry.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Badge01]

I would like to give a big round of APPLAUSE to the BEST staff IN THE UNIVERSE!!!! (SINCERELY!!!)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

Nice Avvy. I see you have a bouquet of deadly...LUPINS!

UFOs are real. Right. OK. Uh...

Can anyone name the two or three UFO stories where an actual ET was seen in a flying craft?

B&B Hill is one.

(Roswell is not since the craft was not flying).

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Can anyone name the two or three UFO stories where an actual ET was seen in a flying craft?

This is one case, the Papua New Guinea sightings in 1959. But were they ETs or were they humans..?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Camilo1 has also presented a case, The Canary Island Alien Sphere:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Edit to add Camilo1's thread)

[edit on 1/12/08 by ziggystar60]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Reply to this post:

How was it determined that it'd only take a million years to colonize our entire galaxy? Last I heard there were 400 billion stars in our galaxy, you're telling me it'd only take a million years to colonize 400 billion star systems? I don't think so.

it is hard to imagine isn't it - the first time I heard the drake equation I had a similar response so i will explain to you what was explained to me.
Let's build a timescale
This timescale is very rudimentary, the numbers may be wrong by several units, but the magnitude of each is rather well accepted by the scientific community :

15,000,000,000 years ago : the Big Bang, the start of the Universe
10,000,000,000 years ago : formation of our Galaxy
5,000,000,000 years ago : formation of our Sun, Earth, and quite quickly afterwards, the start of life
1,000,000,000 years ago : life has evolved to organisms capable of leaving fossil record
500,000,000 years ago : evolution of vertebrate animals
100,000,000 years ago : reptiles are the dominant life form
50,000,000 years ago : mammals are the dominant life form
10,000,000 years ago : early hominids
1,000,000 years ago : Homo Erectus
200,000 years ago : Homo Sapiens
10,000 years ago : invention of wheel, agriculture, cities (this is the earliest moment at which I might be inclined to accept the emergence of "intelligence")
500 years ago : Renaissance of the scientific method
100 years ago : modern (particle) physics
50 years ago : start of space exploration
let's extrapolate :

50 years from now : colonies on the Moon or Mars
500 years from now : extrastellar probes
1,000 years from now : manned extrastellar expeditions
10,000 years from now : extrastellar colonies
100,000 years from now : colonisation of large part of the Galaxy
1,000,000 years from now : colonisation of the entire Galaxy
If this last figure seems small to you, considering the vast interstellar distances, remember that the Galaxy is only 100,000 light years accross - and with exponential growth to take into consideration, an average speed of 1/10th the speed of light should not be a major problem. In fact even with slower than light ships the exponential population growth would soon push the colonisation bubble to almost light speed anyway. In a way a million years is very generous, it could be done in a million years with current propulsion technology and generation starships. If technology advances at the current rate and we break the faster than light barrier 25,000-50,000 years is feasible.

Now with the current age of the Galaxy/Universe - why hasn't this happenned already with a hypothetical extraterestial civilisation? Even if for some reason our humble solar system isn't worth colonising why can't we see there vast engineering projects, why no fire citadels in the sky? It all looks primordial so you have to think maybe we (intelligent life) is rarer than you think. Its hard to think of a advanced technological civilisation that won't leave its mark over a significant portion of a galaxy.

and in answer to ugie1028

I have seen a Ufo and what I thought was a UFO. The first was when I was 18 and It turned out to be a Helium Ballon. The second was on a plane and I have no idea to this day what it could of been. That is why I am so interested in this subject. You don't need to hit me in the face with one my freind! I believe in the UFO phenomenom just not the Alien bit hope that clarifies things for you.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by oinkment]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

At the risk of duplicating some of the post above, here's a great page on this:

Primordial Life

It goes on to talk about Kardashev, Von Neumann probes and more.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
Although i would like to think that Alien beings are visiting this planet, I doubt it.
I think that ufo's are just that, UFO's.
Why?
To me there is no real evidence to say otherwise. I still think that there are many things that we are unaware of on this planet.

you have never heard of the Greys abduction? there is no enough proof for sceptic people

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by keops

And what proof do you have for "the Greys abduction"

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Turiddu]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the words of wisdom Zorgon. True.. so true.

I agree that you cant always make "everyone" happy. So be it...

Originally posted by zorgon
I was however surprised to find Ritzmann considered my critter theory 'interesting'

I also agree that the "critter" theory has credence and should be officially added the the "list of examples". I hope you will make a presentation of this theory in length on PART TWO!! Truth IS stranger than fiction.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego I hope you will make a presentation of this theory in length on PART TWO!!

Maybe

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, UFOs are the most attacked subject on the internet. Second only to the existence of GOD. And that is the most deciding reason that it must be true, second only to the instances I've seen some lights that could not be explained or really described well enough to convey to others and didn't show up well enough on vid for others to get a grasp of what I saw. So that is why I believe they are real, but exactly what they are, I can't figure out. There are only two choices for me, they are either Aliens or Angels. Because so far, I've never heard of anybody that's really been killed by them although some claim to have been kidnapped and strange things done to them. That's the part that makes me feel they are aliens. But since they haven't KILLED anyone, it could be angels. Until I actually meet one in person, I'm not willing to put my money on either one.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by oinkment
50 years from now : colonies on the Moon or Mars
500 years from now : extrastellar probes
1,000 years from now : manned extrastellar expeditions
10,000 years from now : extrastellar colonies
100,000 years from now : colonisation of large part of the Galaxy
1,000,000 years from now : colonisation of the entire Galaxy

Something must be wrong with the numbers. Only recently was it learned that our galaxy has more stars than we previously thought.

The latest figure I've heard (last year is probably the last time I checked) is 400 billion stars in our galaxy. Let's say that half of those star systems contain habitable planets, okay so now we have 200 billion star systems to work with.

Let's say that each habitable star system contains at least two habitable planets, and I'm being lenient here, there's already talks that it is possible to terraform Mars and Venus to make them habitable. Anyways if we stick to 2 planets we have 400 billion habitable planets.

Let's say it miraculously takes 2 years to colonize a planet (I'm not certain how long it would take but I highly doubt it can be done in two years, there's a lot of steps involved), that'd mean it take 800 billion years to colonize our entire galaxy.

Someone's math must be off, and I don't think it's mine. To colonize 400 billion planets in 1 million years you'd have to colonize 400,000 planets per year!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
reply to post by keops

And what proof do you have for "the Greys abduction"

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Turiddu]

no proof, just evidence.
witness testimony, also witness testimony claiming to see 'aliens' in none abduction scenerio's. what proof do you have that all those who claim to be abducted or who say they have seen a alien are ALL lying?

i have no proof everybody who claims to of seen or been abducted are all lying, at the same time i have no proof they are NOT all lying.

therefore i cannot say either way because i have no 100% proof eitherway and unless i see one for my self i only have their word for it. i cannot judge it based on what i have not experienced, all that would mean is i have a lack of experience, so there is just witness testimony that matches what other people have experienced.

a lack of proof dos'nt prove anything other than a lack of proof. the same as me proving i'm 18 at the nightclub door, just because i forgot my identifaction to prove i'm over 18 and therefore have a lack of proof dos'nt mean i'm not over 18 or that i was lying when i told the doormen i was over 18 years old.

so there is no proof, but what does that really mean? nothing really, the same as no proof dos'nt prove it exsists it also dos'nt prove it dos'nt. it just means we tend not to trust a persons say so without that extra proof, rather than it being proof of none exsistance or occurance.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I read a thread a while back suggesting that when we see a UFO, we should shoot at it.

I find myself agreeing with that idea! If we shoot at it, it'll either shoot back, we'll bring it down, or we wont hit anything and police will get pissed and eventually offer an explanation to get us to stop shooting (after they've doled out enough punishment). Then we'll find out really quick!

I do not know what UFOs are. As long as its unidentified anything is possible.

According to unclassified reports we and other nations been trying to shoot down UFOs for a long time. In some instances the UFOs have struck back, either directly destroying our fighter jets or making them crash. The US Air Force always used the "pilot error during routine training exercise" excuse to cover up the deaths.

I highly suggest you give UFOs And The National Security State: Chronology Of A Cover-up 1941-1973 by Richard Dolan a read.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Leto]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join