It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus could have done more!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Jews did kill Jesus, but not for the reason that they despised him or because they thought he was false, it was because of the Jewish priests that manipulated the people into hating Jesus, they saw him as a threat, and used their power of authority over the Jewish people in order to execute Jesus, so you can't blame the Jewish people, but rather those priests. I suppose a current example of this would be patriotism and america. How a higher authority made claims and decisions, and the public followed in fear of being persecuted by others.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Salaams,

I found this but i have doughts on it, but wanted to see what you guys think about it.
The Infancy Gospel of Thomas

www.gospels.net...

Guerilla

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ad--- its Apostles (ma spelling is wrong too but with an A)

the apostles were not the only people to write the bible you know...

and the jews did not kill Jesus because they were the only onez in palistine... there were only jews back then so it was not them it was the entire race of men...

and IF they killed him so what!!!

he forgave them: "father forgive them, they know not what they say"!!!

whooooooot!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by they see ALL
idiot, the jews did not kill him... the entire race of man killed him...

I saw The Passion, dont tell me. I see Mel's vision.

I've studied the Bible. It isn't Mel's vision. It was God's plan, Christ's sacrifice.

As far as doing more, it wouldn't matter what Christ did, you'll either believe or not. Simple. Don't make excuses, the responsibility is still your and the consequence for your choice is still on you.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
we also need to realize that the Bible doesn't mention all the miracles Jesus performed. There are times when the Bible mentions that he performed "many" miracles in one place.

Mark 1:32-34

32 When evening came, after the sun had set, they began bringing to Him all who were ill and those who were demon-possessed.
33 And the whole city had gathered at the door.
34 And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was

also Luke 4:38-44 is another good example

New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 . The Lockman Foundation: LaHabra, CA

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by bugman5999]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
ad--- its Apostles (ma spelling is wrong too but with an A)

the apostles were not the only people to write the bible you know...

and the jews did not kill Jesus because they were the only onez in palistine... there were only jews back then so it was not them it was the entire race of men...

and IF they killed him so what!!!

he forgave them: "father forgive them, they know not what they say"!!!

whooooooot!

Yeah but they still suffer and die. And what the hell do you mean so what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do you know what I would do just for them not to kill him. I wouldve killed them all before they layed a hand on Jesus, and the Jews did kill Jesus, and its not only the priests fault. The people hated him too because first of all they didnt think he was Messiah and second because they thought he came to rule and be a king. (and they see ALL people make spelling mistakes; Im sure youve made them lots of times).

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugman5999
we also need to realize that the Bible doesn't mention all the miracles Jesus performed. There are times when the Bible mentions that he performed "many" miracles in one place.

Mark 1:32-34

32 When evening came, after the sun had set, they began bringing to Him all who were ill and those who were demon-possessed.
33 And the whole city had gathered at the door.
34 And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was

also Luke 4:38-44 is another good example

New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 . The Lockman Foundation: LaHabra, CA

Yes exactly they dont state all of the miracles. Then the Bible or the New Testiment would've been much longer.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think we need to focus on what Jesus did: loved people unconditionally, gave to the poor, didn't neglect those of different race, culture, or those with illness or defects (the Samaritan woman and the lepers), never sinned, humbled Himself enough to become God in the flesh (God gave up His divine powers......this is evident as He always did miracles in the name of the Father), and God in the flesh DIED for US.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Jews did in fact with the help of the Romans put Jesus to death. That's not hard to accept because... he was in Israel. But who do you think were the first Christians? Thats right johnny the Jews. What was Jesus? a JEW. I dont think God would take kindly to you making dispariging (sp) remarks about His chosen people. Now as far as his doing miracles when he was a child. How do you think that you at 13 years old realizing you were the son of God could deal with that? He was both fully human and fully God so as a human that could take a long time to come to grips with.... say until he was about 30? Now somebody else mentioned how there were gospels writtin by people who werent the 4 we read today. Yes, this is true anything that didnt fit EXACTLY into church teaching was cut out tweaked or destroyed and not let into the cannon. Just to sum up my random gathering of thoughts there is no need to blame anyone for the death of Jesus, because if Jesus came back today and proclaimed Himself would you believe? That my friends is a tough call.

p.s.- Jesus cast alot of demons out of people in those days.... where did all the demons go? I have not heard a good reported demonic posession in a good long while.

Fruor veritas est fruor opulentia

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I believe the fact that we don't see the demonic possesion is a bad sign for us. We are decieved by Satan in such a way that we don't recognize spiritual warfare anymore and we are not attuned to it. Demons are in the people consumed by wealth, materialism, sexual sin, homosexuality, and they are in those consumed with themselves. There are two things Satan really enjoyes 1)us not knowing he is there and 2)us focussing so much on him that it consumes us. Right now we are in that state where we don't even realize Satan is there because he has decieved our nation. Go to Venezuela and visit the Yamamano people.......their entire religion is based on demonic possesion (read Spirit of the Rainforest for insights into this), and explore the voodism of Haiti and you will see many many examples of demonic possesion. These are examples of consumption of Satan. Our country is an example of ignorance of Satan and he is crafty fellow and he isn't going to make himself known if he can keep the spiritual realm quiet. Hope that makes some sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yes, I suppose you're correct. In fact with the Miracle Healing, Water to Wine, and all that stuff, Jesus could have done much much more.

Jesus could have done less!!!
Yes, I suppose this would also be correct. After all Jesus had followers and students and stuff. So Jesus could of had them do a whole bunch of stuff instead doing it all himself.

Jesus could have done nothing!!
Yes, I mean who's gonna say anything about it that he'd have to worry about ya know. He could of spent his entire life fishin' or walkin threw deserts complaining about the heat or just kinda hung out, hooked up with a couple chick's maybe.

Jesus could have done Everything!!
Yes, he is eternal and all that jazz, right? I mean, if ya think about it, that immortallity thing leaves a lot of time to explore the possibilities, ya know? What else ya supposed to do in that position anyway? Although, I suppose that would have left Nothing for You or Me or Anyone else to experience possibly.

So what's the conclusion then to all this??
The only choice that seems to really be of any use at this point would seem to be:
Release All Useless Thoughts of things Done and Not Done, Whether or Not You Know Why Others Did or Did Not Do Them. Then you have one less concern that could get in your way of 'Pure Peace of Mind' and can simply Be Content.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Aero, read the book. The "Jews" did not put Him to death or help put Him to deth. Upon reading you'll notice the Jewish religious leaders were afraid to make a move on Him for fear of suffering the wrath of the Jewish people.

Besides, He said it Himself, nobody takes His life, He lays it down willingly.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do Not die in speculation, Rather speculate that when you die there will be nothing left to Question.........................................................................................................Copywrite 03 A grain of sand for a grain of salt

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Aero, read the book. The "Jews" did not put Him to death or help put Him to deth. Upon reading you'll notice the Jewish religious leaders were afraid to make a move on Him for fear of suffering the wrath of the Jewish people.

Besides, He said it Himself, nobody takes His life, He lays it down willingly.

Honestly, throwing that second part in at the end like that kinda weakens the statement before it. I'd recommend going with one or the other.

Personally, I'd go with the second one myself. The Specific detail as to who killed, set up to kill, or whatever is one of those topics NOBODY of opposite opinions will give in to anyway. But NOBODY argues that What Happened, Happened for a Reason, that Reason Being the Will of Christ/God, which be Default, Will Be Done. So, if anyone has a problem with it, you can tell them that they should take their complaints right to the Source and Deal with it there.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
TC: "I've studied the Bible. It isn't Mel's vision. It was God's plan, Christ's sacrifice.

As far as doing more, it wouldn't matter what Christ did, you'll either believe or not. Simple. Don't make excuses, the responsibility is still your and the consequence for your choice is still on you."
I think this is first time I argee fully with something you've said. The fact of the matter is that Christ's sacrifice became neccessary for man in Eden. The prophesies about this started in Genesis. It couldn't be stopped by anyone but God. Jesus prayed to have this cup taken from him and god said "um, no."

AD#: "Yeah but they still suffer and die. And what the hell do you mean so what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do you know what I would do just for them not to kill him. I wouldve killed them all before they layed a hand on Jesus, and the Jews did kill Jesus, and its not only the priests fault."
Peter took up a sword when the Romans came for Jesus in Gethsemene. It wasn't Jesus wanted. And yes it was the priests (scribes and Pharases) that brought Jesus to the interest of the Romans, they could have cared less, they did it to placate the jews, whipped up by the priests.

As for miracles I don't think he perfomed any before he was baptized, I could be wrong but I think that was when he recieved the holy spirit.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Dont you think he did enough. Performs a few magic tricks and look what happened.
His followers realized the power this magician,soothsayer had and, boom ,a new religion. Im not blaming jesus, i dont think he knew what would happen. They should of never rescued him from that cross.We would be better off if he had really died on that thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guerilla
Salaams,

I found this but i have doughts on it, but wanted to see what you guys think about it.
The Infancy Gospel of Thomas

www.gospels.net...

Guerilla

My friend, there is no doubt about the Gospel of Thomas. There is no doubt about the Gospel of Barnabus. As far as I'm concerned, both gospels don't mention Jesus being the "Son" of God, just a mere prophet.

There is a reason there are only 4 gospels today when there was supposedly 12 disciples. Blame the Roman Catholic Church in the Nicaean council of 325 AD.

As far as the Jews killing Jesus I have this to say:

SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! CHRISTIANS ARE FOOLS!!!!!

According to Jesus and according to their faith, Jesus HAD to die. He HAD to die. It was PLANNED that he had to be killed. Now as yourself this:

Who gives a # about who killed Jesus? Really.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Why do you people argue so much over some dumb old book,the thing has been proven to be plagerism anyways. What about the facts and eyewitness accounts of this jesus guy being seen after he was hung on a cross for a while.
Hell,the guy died in india. He's buried there.www.sol.com.au...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
because of the change it has made in my life and simply that.........I'm not really arguing about the Bible I'm just sharing what I see in it and how it affects me. I could pull up a thousand websites that supposedly prove the Bible is true and I can pull up a thousand websites that supposedly prove the Bible is false.

In my careful studies of scripture I haven't found a contradiction in Jesus' teachings and I have a testimony that no one can deny. For me it isn't necessarily about proof in the sense of theories or ideas, but it is proof in the life change that has occured in me that causes me to pour my heart into God's word.

Here is what I know to be true:

The Bible promises of fulfillment and joy if we follow Christ have proved true for me.

The power of prayer has proved true for me.

The lifechange promised has proven true for me.

The relationship with God: Direction, conversation, amazing insights, and the power of the Holy Spirit has proven true to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
there WERE people when Jesus was a child who needed help who cried out for a savior i garantee it!!!

when he was a child he could have helped them because he was the son of "God" right???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join