It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup fears rise after Thai PM sacks police chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Coup fears rise after Thai PM sacks police chief

www.guardian.co.uk

The Thai prime minister sacked the country's police chief last night after security forces failed to evict anti-government demonstrators from Bangkok's two airports, leaving the country all but cut off and thousands of overseas travellers stranded.But as the airport demonstrators were given an ultimatum to leave, riot police were seen gathering at Suvarnabhumi international, suggesting that they were preparing to clear the terminal, which had been shut down for a fourth day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It is amazing to me that this situation is happening in Thailand.

I was there in May for over one month. The people were so friendly and I loved Bangkok. I went to Thailand to have surgery (uninsured) at what is considered the "Best Hospital" - Bumrungrad - in the world.
Just for your information - surgery that I needed would have cost about $60,000 here in the U.S. and I paid $6000 in Thailand, for the best medical care I have ever had.

I know the day I was leaving, I read that the people were very upset with the Prime Minister, due to something he said about their King.

The Thai's love their King, his picture is on their money, and you have to treat that with respect (not crunch it up or anything), otherwise they feel you are being disrespectful to their King.

I think the whole situation is very sad, it seemed like a very stable country and there was no tension in the air.

It seems there has to be a lot more going on than the media is letting on, because the people were not combative nor did the country seem to be on the verge of chaos.

It seems like the King would get involved in the situation going on and do what he could to get Thailand back on stable ground.

I am glad I went there when I did, but I really hope the situation there gets cleared up soon. Once it is cleared up, I encourage anyone who needs medical care and not insured to look at going to Bangkok to get their care, it really is a wonderful place.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join