It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed denies compensation to former nuclear weapons facility workers!......Deadly Denial.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The federal government has failed to act on information that could help sick and dying Rocky Flats workers - or their survivors, the Rocky Mountain News has learned

DENVER - A judge has ruled that grand jury testimony from an investigation into possible environmental crimes at the old Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant should remain secret, rejecting a request from most of the former grand jurors.

news.bostonherald.com...
This one's goota have something to it, why can't these people and others like them get the money they need for proper medical care? Any thoughts or possible explainations?

www.rockymountainnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
www.isis-online.org...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Not knowing the history behind this, it appears there are there two sets of dosimetry/exposure records, and they do not agree with each other. Why would this be? I either didn't see it in this article or missed it.

Fixed a typo

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Hugues de Payens]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think the cover up is pretty clear and there are still records that are being keep secret so nobody can be blamed,I'm still digging into this one so I'll put my findings up as the come.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Here is some new additions to this story, as I said I rould post any new info.I definatly believe that this is completley unfair to these people and something is fishy here I mean you would expect for there to be some safeguards in place to protect workers from radiation.

In a letter to the Government Accountability Office last week, a bipartisan group of senators asked for an investigation, citing a recent report in the Rocky Mountain News that detailed "a pattern of ongoing decisions and rule changes within the 8-year-old program that consistently made it more difficult for sick and dying workers - or their survivors - to be compensated."

Federal agencies are established to serve the taxpayer and be accountable to them for decisions regarding programs within an agency's responsibility," the Colorado congressmen wrote. "It is simply not acceptable to not respond to requests to explain decisions made regarding this program . . . The people who toiled in dangerous conditions at the facilities to help secure our nation deserve no less."

"Instead, DOL chooses to shoot the messenger and this is unacceptable."

Why is our government treating people who toiled in this type of environment to help keep us safe with such blatent disregard, I'm afraid more of the same lies and more lies but this is a great example of what our worth is to the men and women at the top.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

[edit on 4-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

top topics

join