It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Unicorns Real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
im here to prove that there is a possibility that Unicorns exist or not
so if anyone has seen or heard of any such a being please post here anyway heres a little thing i believe in.
there are infinite worlds other our own but there are 2 main ones 1 that is ours
and the 2nd one were everything is opposite like for instance were made of matter ourselves in the other world are Anti Matter no going down from these 2 are infinite possibilities because every decision we make creates a new world and the from the decision we made makes more than one world so lets say if i wanted a cup of coffee now there would be a world were im drinking different brands coffee or none at all now seeing that there is infinite worlds why cant there be a world were every mythical creature existed i mean right now there could be another me trying to prove that Unicorns dont exist
... end of story

so if anyone has seen or heard any strange reports about a creature like this POST EM

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Who knows for sure. Mythological creatures usually have a basis in real life. If they were real then they were hunted down for the ivory.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Well maybe they were real once in history but who knows but im starring your thread all the same though because i love that type of thinking that you showed its definitely the way forward i believe

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
String theory postulates the existence of multiverses and/or other dimensions, so it is highly possible, that like you, I am sitting in another universe drinking bourbon instead of coffee, and in even another dimension I am the game keeper of magical creatures. The possibilities are limited only by our imagination and the physics of each universe. Who knows? Perhaps the secret to faster thn light travel exist in the universe right next to ours. We just have to figure out how get there.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
the answer is yes

uni = one

corn = horn

one horn the indian rhino does have.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So according to you, people 1,000 years ago (or more) couldn't tell the difference between a rhino, and a horse with a horn in the middle of it's forehead?

I would posit that even the most ignorant, illiterate native would be able to tell the difference between "on the nose" and "on the forehead".

It's incredibly humorous the hubris shown by people today. We have MILLIONS of examples of extinct species, we know there are a great many more (evidenced by the "new, unknown species found" type articles always popping up in science magazines/internet, and yet we are ABSOLUTELY SURE that the Unicorn didn't exist.

The longer I live, the more convinced I become that, as a species, we are getting dumber and dumber.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Also for your consideration:

The Narwhal.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
could a 1 horn horse evolve into a narwhale and a rhino bit strange

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's the Wiki on it. When it comes to myths, they have small bits of truth.

scribalterror.blogs.com...

Fellow there makes a case for fossils being part of the basis for some of the ancient mythological critters. There was a show on the history channel that went into more detail, but you get the general idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

ooooo nice, and the narwhal fits well because whales (if im not mistaken) were considered the "horses of the sea" by ancient peoples.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well there are 5 unicorns left in the world and they all live in in europe they are all diffrent colours and ive seen one and petted it and it live with me for 4 months ......................................................dont ask how i now all of this about unicorns

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i think your right and i think that unicorns do exist everyone else might not but im diffrent and i do

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

ooooo nice, and the narwhal fits well because whales (if im not mistaken) were considered the "horses of the sea" by ancient peoples.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of manatees being the cow of the sea??

Is it possible horses use to have some kind of horn that we don't see in fossils (if any are found) because it was made out of a material that doesn't fosilise? (sorry I have no clue about this so not sure if that's possible or not).

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamer01

a part of an ancient horse that didint fully fossilize maybe well if they do exist i would like to see one

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

Isn't that a seahorse?!
sorry I couldn't resist!
But yeah, apparently so (according to Wiki), just looked it up myself and it's rather interesting - so if anyone wants to read it, here it is:

Some medieval Europeans believed narwhal tusks to be the horns from the legendary unicorn.[12] As these horns were considered to have magic powers, Vikings and other northern traders were able to sell them for many times their weight in gold. The tusks were used to make cups that were thought to negate any poison that may have been slipped into the drink. During the 16th century, Queen Elizabeth received a carved and bejeweled narwhal tusk for £10,000—the cost of a castle (approximately £1.5—2.5 Million in 2007, using the retail price index[13]). The tusks were staples of the cabinet of curiosities.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice topic, definitely starred

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Sure.

Anything that has one horn is considered to be a unicorn. The name literally meaning 'one horn'.

Birth defects on goats, deer, and cows have been proven, whether or not it's in the middle of the forehead is a better question, though.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
From what I understand when the Europeans travelled to South America with their horses, they had protection on the front of the horse’s head that would point outwards where arrows would bounce off when attacked.

The natives thought the armour was apart of the horse as they’d never seen horses before. The same goes for centaurs, simply the conquistadors on horses as they approached the natives.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Stick a carrot on a horses head with some blue tack.. bam! vegetarian unicorn.But in all honesty i doubt it,it was just a greek myth from what ive read.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Trolls eat Unicorns.

There are no Unicorns.

Trolls must exist.

The last remaining Unicorns were driven into the sea. They are Narwhals.

If you're afraid of trolls stay away from Narwhals.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
somewhere in south asia, i think maybe ideonesia there is an island that has or used to have these small horse/deer type things, not sure exactly wtf it is exactly, but they are rare and reclusive and almost impossible to see in the wild, the unicorn is thought to be on based on them (they mustve got confused with distance and height because the things are about the size of a labrador i think, and they werent white, i cant even remember whether it had horns or antlers or what, (i wasnt really watching the screen just listening) but there are a lot of mythical creatures based around there so it wouldnt surprise me if it was right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join