It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fastest gun in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
No..........seriously..........this guy is THE fastest gun in the world!

Dang! This guy is incredibly, blindingly fast!

Clint Eastwood was always my favourite gunslinger.......until now....LoL.

Here are two videos of Bob Munden, who can literally draw, cock, aim, fire (hitting the target), and re-holster his weapon in less than the blink of an eye.

Just hope that you don't have to meet him in a dark alley.

Granted....he's a little conceited....but when you can draw as fast as he can, you have earned the right to be, I think:

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

Dang! Double Dang!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Seriously, peeps.....you gotta see this.

The fastest man that ever lived!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I call shenanigans. Seriously. I'm pretty sure that isn't even scientifically possible. And no, a couple of video's from the 80's won't prove it to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

But he's got the awards to prove it.

I go on several other forums......and other people know of him.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Sorry guy, but awards don't prove a thing. Yes. The Guiness Book of World Records is the final arbiter for the "truth"? Un huh. Not even close..... They're trying to sell books like any other publisher.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
ha this is an utter joy to watch and better that simple people think this is real. I mean seriously didnt anyone look at his badge? it looks like hes wearing a belt buckle.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well its real.

If you watch closely you will see that he has cocked the gun on the fist shot,and you can see him use the left hand to re cock it for the second shoot. Its so fast that it looks like he cocks and shoot at the same time.
The gun is ready to go as soon as it is cocked.
This type of gun has two cocking positions. Well most gun's have. You have semi and fully cocked.

There is one thing we cant see,and that is if the cocking piston releases as soon as he lest go of it with his left hand. That means he dosent need to pool the trigger on the second shoot.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
ha this is an utter joy to watch and better that simple people think this is real. I mean seriously didnt anyone look at his badge? it looks like hes wearing a belt buckle.

I don't get it.

What do you mean by that, Pardner?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I still like Terrence Hill in "My Name is Nobody"... (gun draw/slap):

http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwiScdPiRW4&feature=related

you can skip thru most of the poker scene to the last 2 or 3 mins.

very entertaining...a little comic relief in the Old West (super fast)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm calling shenanigans!!!
Yes his draw is fast but the fact that he uses blanks to pop balloons at extremely close range, meaning hes turning the colt .45 into a mini shotgun!
If he can do this at a distance with live ammo then I'll give him full credit. after all he's trying to fully replicate what the movies show and that's half speed half accuracy, and when he shoots for accuracy he's very slow.
I just want him to put the two to gather.
But he's definitely the fastest shot.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
your young so i forgive you, yes its real and its a popular sport in some states, yes he really is that amazing, you should see some of the stunts that came outta the time, i still hear stories about my grandfather who was in the circus, it was a lifetime of "Im running away to join the circus" jokes for me, they had one of these speed draw guys on the history channel last year so if you want a more recent video im sure its online

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ya he uses blanks so he doesnt really have to aim just point in the general direction and shoot. It helps him on the tricks where there are two balloons or more two no need for exact alignment.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
that looks crazy, almost fake, like it was rigged-but it could be real-i was amazed.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
he never releases the trigger (right hand) and the instant that his left hand slaps backward the cocker it instantly fires (like slamming a shotgun). If timed right he can cock it the split second after firing the first shot faster than pulling the trigger (which is why he can beat anyone firing the conventional way)....still pretty fast as it takes a slow motion camera to see it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mxyztplk

Nail on the head.
Indeed he's a quick shot- But it's obvious that the debris from the blanks are what's popping the ballons.
Fastest shot- Yes.
Fastest shot, with the brilliant accuracy he claims? No.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i seen a video of him poping a ballon 150 yds away with a .38 snub nose ...... trust me this guy is for real , just researcj him and watch all the videos

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
He's very good with live ammo too. I want him on my side.

There are several people that shoot very well and they practice all the time.

Roper

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I also call BS (one line)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Try this guy.

Roper

join