It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Bailout Balloons to the Trillions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Financial Bailout Balloons to the Trillions

abcnews.go.com

The government's financial bailout will be the most expensive single expenditure in American history, potentially costing around $7.5 trillion -- or half the value of all the goods and services produced in the United States last year.

(ABC News Photo Illustration)

In comparison, the total U.S. cost of World War II adjusted for inflation was $3.6 trillion. The bailout will cost more than the total combined costs in today's dollars of the Marshall Plan, the Louisiana Purchase, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the entire historical budget of NASA, including the moon landing, according to data compiled by Bianco Research.

It remains to be seen whether the government's multipronged approach to bail out banks, stimulate spending and buy up mortgages will revive the economy, but as the tab continues to grow so does concern over where the government will find the money.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I still wonder where do they get these numbers and more important where are they gonna get the money from.Also i don't see how this will help that much...i mean if u get all that moaney into a plan it should have a high percentage of being a success...but i see them saying "well maybe it will work..maybe not".

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Gosh! 'They' might as well book their figures under a new category called 'Gazillon'. It's like the creation of a 'forever stamp'. Because the way things are going, we will NEVER know when these stupid bailouts will stop!

join