It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Star Or Intruder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Over the last few nights there has been a very bright light with a smaller dimmer light in the sky that I don't recongize. I think it must be two planets but am not sure. Anybody seen these? Thedimmer light is just to the left and down from the brighter one. Jupiter?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Jupiter on top.
Venus below.
Be sure to look on Sunday and Monday. The moon is joining the party.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There is a really cool free program you can download called Stellarium
that shows you the names of all the stars and planets in the sky.You can download it here

I use it all the time to identify things in the night sky.

Edit:content.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thanks guys! I got all excited when I saw this but then took a step back and thought it must be planets. I learned that here on ATS! Thanks again. Pammyk

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I seen these thursday night walking home from my mothers house. I grabbed my digital to take pics but all I got was black pictures. I thought them couldn't be stars they were to big. planets huh? cool..................

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yes this was quite a sight

Google sky is worth checking out... Also the Google moon, mars and earth are brilliant

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
whats an intruder? what are you referring to?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

When I first saw it Thursday night it seemed very close like it might be some sort of spy object. Like it was looking right at me. My friends had seen it the night before and thought the same thing. We live in a heavy military area here in Virginia. But then I thought "no way" it must be a planet. Was really weird and just wanted to see if anyone else observed it in the sky.

new topics

top topics

join