It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solotrek the first helicopter style jetpack!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I had read in a magazine about the solotrek(jetpack), and it said that it was going to be released to the military first and then to the general public which would be awsome but i havn't heard anything since then about it and it seemed to just disappear. Has anyone heard anything?

Here is their web site www.solotrek.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What a load.........to have to strap on. I would prefer an old fashioned traditional jet pack.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ya but that load wouldnt seem like much seeing as how ur standing on it and that it lifts u up. In other words u dont have to carry it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That's no jet pack. That thing is the size of an ultra-light. The only advantage would be hovering or changing directions faster. It doesn't seem very practical, but it's a great idea. I would also much rather have a jetpack with jets... and one of those helmets with a fin on it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hope they don't send that thing into combat, it is worse than a sitting duck.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by icelid
That's no jet pack. That thing is the size of an ultra-light. The only advantage would be hovering or changing directions faster. It doesn't seem very practical, but it's a great idea. I would also much rather have a jetpack with jets... and one of those helmets with a fin on it.

the jetpacks we have today only have about 30 seconds worth of fuel in them, so you wouldn't be able to go very far at all. with this, at least you could.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have heard of our problems with fuel supply concerning jet packs. Yet I wish(pray).
I am also aware of my problem of making obscure remarks. I was refering to the movie Rocketman where the dude had the gold helmet and the Nazi rocketpack he fixed with bubblegum.
Nonetheless, this is no jet pack. Where are the jets? When I think of jetpack, I want to fly at breakneck stupid speeds. Human missle-style. This is more like a dragonfly.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Way cool! Thanks for the link.

new topics

top topics

join