It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown, a good thing for the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Time to post something that's been bugging me for some time now.
Please move this thread if in the wrong section.

For years I was thinking about how I could change my life to contribute positivly to this planet. I started recycling, be more aware what products I buy and use and most importantly spread my attitude in a nice manner to others. I turned from succesfull business owner to a more or less recluse. I started to consume less and realy just learned how to live with the bare minium to survive. Why? You'll see in a minute.

One day I realized, all the problems we are facing, is it environmental or financial or even emotional, stems from a simple fact of overconsumption from all of these. So, now I am here, very contempt. Adjusted my lifestyle to my income, not the other way around as I used to or as we are brainwashed into thinking we should.

I beleive if I can do it, millions if not billions could do it too. I think I reduced waste in my household by 75%. I don't buy things I don't need, where most (like my GF:"oh that's so pretty, I want that) just buy stuff and later wonder why did they buy that, and now it's just collecting dust or rots in the attic. I think I can even do more. Like why is the TV on while I work on the PC. will work on it....lol. if we stopped buying stupid things, they'd stop producing it and concentrate to produce important things like FOOD.

Anyway, what I am getting at here is this. I beleive that this meltdown is some sort of devine intervention comming from within us all that will stop this sensless overproduction of goods everybody wants but nobody realy needs. This meltdown does actually only good for the regeneration or replenishement of this planet. I am not saying it is good how the politicians handle it. All I am saying is, learn to live with less and be happy with what you got. If the planet doesn't like you, it will find a way to put you into the right spot again. It put me into it too. Maybe you can voluntarily take a step back and let this planet breath?

Regards
Benarius

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Benarius]

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I agree, it's good for the most part. It's human nature to want purpose in life and consumption lifestyle is merely a placebo.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yeah I minimize too, but sometimes i think I should just litter, consume, and help the earth destroy itself faster. Why, you ask? Why not? It's gonna happen anyways. The sooner it does the sooner we can get to rebuilding.

The root of EVERY problem facing mankind and the planet itself can be summed up in one word, OVERPOPULATION! Think about it....

So while recycling(which I've heard may use more energy than it saves), and consuming less, and living within your means may seem like the right idea, you're actually prolonging what you know is going to happen anyways. You can say I'm wrong but you can't lie to yourself....you know we're doomed....look at all the cretins breeding around you.

There's only one way to really save the planet.....STOP HAVING KIDS!!! I don't care how many cans you recycle if you even have one kid you've created an insane amount of environmental, and social problems for years to come.

So having said this, I think I'll go dump some paint thinner down the drain outside..and bury some batteries in the garden...but one thing I'll never do.....HAVE KIDS.

I've done my part.....are you gonna do yours?

-Liquid

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

An interesting idea but do really believe the meltdown is due to overconsumption? I do not and I believe there is plenty on this planet for every human being. The elite do not want this and this coming meltdown is controlled. we are told lies all the time about global warming, the cause, about disease, vaccines, medicine, drugs.

How many people know of the fortunes made by the elite when the markets falls? Yes fortunes are made. The ordinary investor is destroyed. This is all manipulated.

But as in the days of Noah so shall it be again. The insane elite cannot live on money alone when most of the worlds population is destroyed.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A frugal and efficient lifestyle does have its merits....

but this current choking off of credit, goods, and ravaged retirement portfilios & excessively overvalued house/car prices is not the
quaint frugality you are trying to paint a picture of.

no, this pulling-out-the-rug on financial stability, work security, home equity as a resource.... has only the elite cabal of wall street bankers & investors making any benefit at all.

while we peons are told it is a character builder to slide into third-world scarcity and belt-tightening strategies.

Hog-Wash !

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Sometimes you have to take a few steps backward to move foward. When you carry a couch through a doorway sometimes you have to back out and try again. Having a knowledge of what came before helps you to understand what the goals truly are and what didn't/doesn't work. It is knowing the what didn't work that leads to understanding of what will work. Sometimes you have to take a few steps back.

Then In the New World things can be better. Sometimes what seems bad for a number of men is benificial to mankind as a devloping whole unit.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yup! If we just stop buying unnecessary goods and services and stick with the essentials, then yeah a (global) meltdown is good. It kind of reminds me of a melted cheese sandwich. It’s all gooey and messy but damn it goes ‘down’ good!

Eventually everyone will wake up and take a hint that a healthy, symbiotic relationship requires some effort. And if that means to control the urges to buy shiny ‘blings’ to feel good, for example, then that is a hard but good step going forward.

new topics

top topics

join