It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Last night I thought this would be a great thread to start. ATS has SOOOOooooo much, and some of us have so little time.

So tell us, what is your all time “favorite thread.” I don’t care if it is one that you posted, or one that you found that you just really like. Share it so we can check it out.

My favorite happens to be one that I posted, and it isn’t because it's so good. In fact, it probably has one of the lowest flags and stars of any that I have posted. The reason I like it is because it is the consuming thought that is always with me and always on my mind. It seems that the vast majority of us have an obsession with significance. Just think about it… it’s an epidemic. That is why my mission is to Deny Arrogance.

So, what is your favorite thread?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

It would be a tie for first place:

1). King Lizard's Near Death Experience thread. I must have read the OP a zillion times, the entire thread about ten times, and skimmed the whole thread God only knows how many times. lol

2). My avatar thread. Not because it's so awesome, my work is so great, or about some intellectual, mind blowing topic. Instead, it helped me meet so many people on here I most likely never would have talked to. It also helped me understand the members on here are very sweet, have feelings too, and are not just computer pixels. Even had a couple of people I didn't get along with very well u2u me for an avatar and we later became buddies. It was a bleassing to put a smile on so many people's faces and see them be happy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh, and good thread. I flagged it and starred it. It would be really nice if a lot of people replied to it so we could check out their favorite threads. It would be something I'd really like to see.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My favorite thread is probably" Classic Quotes Burial Ground"..by Chapter29..Its a great thread and is chocked full of laughs

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411534/pg1'

[edit on 28-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hmm...

I like all the Debate Threads, some of them are pretty intense. I don't have ONE set favorite thread, but if I had to pick one...

DATS

Its a good place to go and relax and blow off some steam from the otherwise serious threads on ATS
(*Oh and have a drink*)

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
first of all

DATS

best place to hang around!
having fun, relaxing – as carrot said

and i like the debate forum

many intelectual debate, interesting point of views

some debates i loved recently:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

my avatar thread
creating this stuff is kind of meditation for me, it helps me to deal with the world, and it is also a great pleasure to help people, to do something creative.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Some of the music threads, for sure !!! People are very friendly in those threads. Get/give new inputs. Very surprising what people can come up with. Every thread has a theme, but still the result of what people post are very different cause people are different...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Come on folks, surely you must have an…

ALL TIME FAVORITE thread.

I am really interested in knowing what thread intrigued you the most... which one was the most mysterious, or bizarre, or inspiring.

Come on, tell us.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS
by
Springer

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I almost forgot to mention that your avatars are really cool, Ashley. The Christmas ornaments idea is real creative.

Where can I get some... in red?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oooh! I have a couple that I just adore.

Priceless for both it's humor and how angry people got in there, my first submission is Logician Magician's Flat Earth Thread

Also have to plug Orange-Light's Avatar Thread just because they are some of my favorite (and Orange was kind enough to create mine as well!
)

Great thread!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I like John Lear's Moon thread. That was the one that brought me here.

I also like one that I made www.abovetopsecret.com...

About what your mental image is of other members, based off of their posts and avatars.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ai-chee-wowa, how could I forget:

Static Sky's Cipher Game

Never did ciphers before, but it's been a great place to learn - and win a few points along the way! Of course, it may qualify as a hated thread as well for all the gray hair I've gotten over it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

That's a great thread idea, Karl... I will defiantly post there soon. You got one more star and flag from me.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I was also drawn here by Lears moon thread...
I also liked these..

Stargates are Real

I'm Coming clean about ExtraTerrestrials

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This thread from 2005 was one of the first I read on ATS. It's a long thread and kept me amused and intrigued for days.

And my very favourite - the manwife thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-12-2008 by berenike]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
Where can I get some... in red?

Red ATS Christmas balls? I can make you some if you would like.
I'll do the best I can to make them look different from mine if that is what you are asking.
Feel free to u2u me with what you need.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

join