It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All the ADD/ADHD and Allergic Syndrome Children Come From?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

www.nimh.nih.gov...

Go read this site, you might learn a thing or two. Also, read my previous postings, you might learn a thing or two. Also do some research.

OK......ADHD seems to be linked in some people in some ways to REPRESSED dopamine, not an over abundance of dopamine. Symptoms of ADHD may result because the brain does not produce enough dopamine.

ADHD was first described by Dr. Heinrich Hoffman in 1845. BEFORE this instant gratification way of life you are describing as being the problem. Or did we have McDonalds in the 1800's?

Again I say READ AND LEARN thank ya very much.

You are correct in that those who have ADHD are "more likely" to have depression or Bi-Polar. BUT.......This is being linked to REPRESSED dopamine levels and NOT elevated dopamine levels.

I would guess that if you have been able to assist yourself to feel better with diet that this has many reasons. Eating healthy means feeling healthier, some people with allergies to certain foods show ADD/ADHD symptoms when in reality the symptoms are caused by the bodies allergic reaction to foods. Some people with ADD/ADHD though can also have allergies which exacerbate the problems.

So, possibly if you were diagnosed with ADD/ADHD then you really had allergies to food and not ADD/ADHD at all. But this is only going by you saying you feel much better with a healthier diet.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think ADD/ADHD is BS and does not really exist.

It has come into being for two main reasons drug company profits, and an excuse for bad parenting.

Drug Companies by virtue of having product to sell influence the care givers into an easy fix. Just give the patient this drug and the problem will no longer be present by chemically messing with the kid.

This is of course only treating the symptom and not the problem, but makes everyone's job easier. The parents just have to pick up a prescription, the psychiatrist just has to prescribe some drugs, and the drug companies make a nice tidy profit. Since it is an easy supossed solution it becomes an easy diagnosis and the supposed problem appears to be growing quickly when in fact I do not believe that is any more of problem now than it has been in the past.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Heronumber0

For cultural reasons I think those of Asian descent would be more concerned about a stigma being attached to the child for being "put" into such a program and be less inclined to take advantage. For those of African descent, the cause might be similar or it may possibly be a lower level of access. I really don't know but realize that your experience is not necessarily representative.

What? Could you reword that in a way that the members could understand your point?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

I swear, some people just don't read.

ADHD was first described by Dr. Heinrich Hoffman in 1845.

I think that was before pharmaceutical companies.

Deny ignorance. You have no real understanding obviously of being a parent of a child with ADHD, if you did you would not be one of those ill informed blaming the parents.

My child does not take drugs for his ADHD.

My child is highly intelligent(top 10 in the state), loving, compassionate, highly curious, loves to learn, loves to help people, is excited about the world and.....has ADHD. Can you say all those things about your child?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think what he's trying to say is the same thing I said earlier. Every culture has their own norms. So, it may just be more normal to white people to go see a psychiatrist than it is for people of other races. I remember reading in one of my Psych classes how in African American communities it is more common to just deal with your problem on your own than to go see any kind of mental health professional, and as such the stigma towards mental disorders is generally higher than in white communities. Another aspect is that psychiatrists may just be more common in white communities.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

While you can't blame the parent for ADHD, you do have to realize that there are parents out there who simply can't control their child and because of this they assume they have ADHD, which leads to the over diagnosis of the disorder. Then again you're never going to be able to dispel this kind of thinking amongst people. They want an easy to understand cause and in the case of developmental psychological disorders the obvious answer to them is the parents. I mean there are still people out there who think autism is caused by the way you raise your child.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Repressed Dopamine and Over stimulation of Dopamine are essentially the EXACT Same thing.

What happens when you have no internal fuel to produce more dopamine? Or you produce so much your frying your receptors...

It's a simple body defense mechanism to cut off production OR in many cases i'm sure it simply No longer can...

The Cause is still the same...

Not unlike being Diabetic where the body develops a resistance to Insulin because over time there has been too much Glucose in your diet

Yes, some people are pre disposed genetically or 100% pre disposed to become Diabetic...

But the epidemic of it probably comes from a sugary, Carb based diet we eat.

I'd say the same thing is going on, if your no longer producing enough Dopamine or your Cells no longer respond to Dopamine... I'd be willing to bet, you were overstimulated by or have malformed Dopamine or Malformed Dopamine receptors.

And what your saying just validates what I'm saying

Which is: What's the Body or Mind going to do when, it's produced too much dopamine, is being called on to produce dopamine and it can't because of toxins or poor diet or it has been producing dopamine in unnatural amounts for so long it has developed a resistance to Dopamine.

There hasn't been a massive Mutation in the Human genome unless someone identifies it

Yet Cancer has been rising constantly, and Diabetes and ADHD

Genetics may hold the potential to fix issues that may allow us to better live in a manner that is unnatural

But nothing changes that it s the manner and unnatural way we have chosen to live creating the problem

If I Eat Donuts for breakfast Daily I very well may get Diabetes and they may very well isolate the gene that causes Diabetes

Does that Make Diabetes a Genetic Disorder for most people or is Eating Cream filled Sugar Glazed Donuts all day the real problem?

I just, wont accept that ADHD in myself when I have had my episodes of it in life is a result of a "genetic disorder" I suffer from... Because I know it barely existed prior to living in a chemical runaway disposable over stimulated society

If I know Raw Fish Contains Seratonin and Omega 3's and My memory is lacking and I worry about Heart Disease... I'm going to emulate the lifestyle of those that don't suffer the diseases like the Japanese

Not Blame my genetics...

My genetics aren't supposed to be able to handle that crap

The Body is almost always to my experience working just fine... it's what your doing that's wrong or how your led or even forced to live...

G-d Knows shopping for me is a Nightmare... Try finding Gluten Free Breads and Sugar free and Hormone free and non genetically modified foods and pesticide free organic too...

It's next to impossible

I wont eat 90% of what's on the shelves at the supermarket anymore

It says Organic, but it's still genetic mod... and so on and so on... it's next to impossible

Even Yogurt, I go for yogurt and Real Yogurt of 12 brands and a whole Wall... there is maybe one shelf of one brand that actually is real Yogurt...

It's not easy

But do it and watch the symptoms start to subside...

Don't knock it till you try it

Shut the TV off... live a natural schedule, detox regularly, eat whole organic foods...

see what happens..

I assure you in most cases it will work out better than anything the doctors tell you what to do...

Body isn't handling or producing dopamine or receiving it anymore

Yeah... no kidding... it's called being Burnt... same thing that happens when you do allot of Blow

Too much leads to too little in many cases, and so?

I don't know anyone who has been cured by meds long term of ADHD period, not one person... Nor Diabetes

I know... plenty of people who made major lifestyle adjustments over time and made both vanish

Because for maybe... 90% both are conditional diseases, they are reactions to indulgence or the presence of things or lifestyles the body or mind simply can't handle

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
And please, when I say overindulgence... I am not saying a Blame on individuals with ADHD

As in your example...allergies and other reactions can cause the same issue... I Know

Not always your fault... incredibly difficult to pinpoint the exact cause

For me the answer both of Body and Mind was to get rid of EVERYTHING and see where I stood by slow introductions of things once I was better, trial and error

That means, being a bit of a Monk for a time...

But it's good for you to do...

Fast. meditate, go to country, get as much of the pollution and crap away as you can, detox, shut off the tube, lead a rigorous diet and exercise daily and don't pollute your mind either with stimulus like TV and Radio

Sugar issues, ADHD, Lethargy, depression... it will within a few weeks start to fade, all of it, any of it.

There's nothing wrong with our Genetics, we simply weren't designed to yield this poor nutrition, malformed diet, instant gratification High stress life

don't participate, it all starts to go away...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by amazed

There hasn't been a massive Mutation in the Human genome

Not quite true

A mutation is any change of DNA material that can be reproduced. It can occur at the level of the genome, chromosome or the gene itself. It is this change which is responsible for genetic disorders. Not all mutations, however, produce disorders, as some remain unexpressed, without noticeable effect on the organism.

The genome is defined as the total genetic material contained within the chromosomes of an organism.

Genome mutations occur at a frequency of about 1/10,000 to 1/100,000.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes it existed long ago, they just did not have a name for it, MRI imaging to prove it, and the children simply were repeatedly beaten for being "naughty".

Looks like we have come a long way.

"We didn't have that back when I was young."

They didn't have Post-partum depression either, they just had the sad crazy lady down the street.

A little understanding goes a long way.

And the best thing is that it doesn't cost you a dime.

And still some are misers.

There are plenty of medical places to properly research this issue for those truly interested.

Unless you just want to complain about something you know little about.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Tinkabit]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Imo, it comes down to this: kids today are spoiled(that's right I said it!) I grew up in the 80's in a time of"get the he** out and play" play with what? we had like maybe a bike and some action figures if we were lucky, forcing us to use what I believe kids today don't have.....imagination! you know where you'd run around with a towel tied to neck pretending to be any number of super hero with the only limit to the powers you posses was (oh here it comes again....imagination!) We had no X-boxes or playstations or internet for that matter and parents did not coddle and dote( we were loved but not to the level that kids are at present) I mean I see these children riding bikes with training wheels forced to wear every single type of protective gear their overprotective parent(s) can muster up, they look like there shipping off to Iraq or something maybe better protected..lol And when we fell off,we quickly figured out oh man I guess I can't go that fast and turn like that or whatever mistakes were made,and there was little in the way of mommy and daddy running over and acting as if the world was coming to an abrupt end nope it was"are you ok? good now get up and get back on. as far as this ADHD stuff goes come on, you put a kid in class and reward for good behavior and punish for bad it's that simple if your kid acts up you punish them(weather it's a simple time out or a good smack to the rear) you don't sit down and start a debate....You are the parent!! I don't believe in raising kids, I believe in raising young adults because that's exactly what they are or at least going to become.When I was a kid during the summer we didn't have a fridge full of every kind of beverage you could think of guess what....garden hose minerals and all and I'm not allergic to nothing not even the chemtrails
What ever happened to kids actually reading books not online books but real paper and script? I remember the smell of a book, is that odd? I don't know but I think it made some kind of connection in my brain that a computer just doesn't do.School lunches, I used to get 5 dollars a week to buy them and I was responsible to take the money to the lunch lady and if I lost it, oh well pb and j time.My point is parents today go way to far in the lives of kids sure let them be kids and give them better then you had and all of that but give their mind a chance to develop don't the video games and computers do it for them, and let them get hurt sometimes scraped knees and scratched elbows don't kill and neither does a good firm smack to the rear from time to time.Be consistent firm and fair if they know what to expect good or bad it allows the parent to provides an environment conducive to raising kids capable of learning on their own without the help of drugs. Imo if you have a child that is hyper good give that child some physical goals maybe replace that video game with I don't know a football or a baseball and glove,and set boundries.. Be a parent and follow up on the progress don't rely on the drug companies to do it for you. Let me also add, I'm a parent myself and had issues with my children struggling in class and it was even encouraged that I have them tested for learning disabilities, I refused took the time to work with them and took away most of the free time slacking off and tv watching and both are currently honor role students.

adhd3steps.googlepages.com... WID=175738764521
[edit on 29-11-2008 by alyosha1981]

[edit on 30-11-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
factors that might be interfering with normal development of kids' brain function:
1 Excessiver food and sugar refinement seems to be concentrated in kiddie food/snacks.
2 TV - raster (flicker) rates
3 Less outdoor play equals less development of mind-body integration
4 Excessive microwave environment
5 Chemical polution (excessive presence of plastics and solvent plasticizers)
6 Fire retardents in kiddie toys, clothes, furniture, etc
7 Pesticides - lawn care products, residuals in foods.

examine our social/technical/natural environments for factors that will impair children's brain development/function/collect in brain tissue.

Its here and soon 10 % or more children will be affected by ADH, autism or other/newer brain malfunctions. QUESTION - ARE WE SEEING A NEW STAGE OF EVOLUTION? AUTISTIC KIDS SEEM TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE THRU NON-VERBAL MEANS.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Before you go off about your time maybe you should have a representative that is a child with such genetic mutations before saying that they should be beaten for being victim of circumstances beyond their own control. Why should they not be allowed to use things such as the internet? Or a other game system for that matter? You say we are spoiled before looking at yourselves, such attitudes will not and I repeat will not further the advancement of society instead it will only bring back the segregation of society locking people up for being victims, and although I will not say for others but I will not let my brother be taken away because he has autism.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

"THEY" will LIVE. "THEIR" FAMILIES will INHERIT THE EARTH. THIS IS THEIR AGENDA. The 'HAVE NOTS' will be a GENETICALLY INFERIOR SLAVE RACE... FOREVER. THIS IS DOCUMENTED by "THEM". The Illuminati... Global Elitists... are NOT fiction. Stanley Kubrick did not finish "EYES WIDE SHUT".
It was his gift to us. Too bad he died 4 months before completion, it was not the same film he intended.

Health is a big issue, Yes?

It isn't that you're getting older, even with vitamins ( which are scheduled to be sold by 'prescription only' by Dec 2009) Americans are seeing many illnesses grow across the board... Why?

"WE'VE" BEEN POISONED SINCE 1992. It has gradually worked it's way through much of our FOOD SUPPLY unannounced, and unlabeled in GMO Crops.

JUST A FEW OTHER EXAMPLES:

1. Fluoride is the first ingredient in RAT POISON and a DDT replacement. It is a primary ingredient in PROZAC, ZOLOFT, and others like PAXIL, it is of NO DENTAL BENEFIT WHATEVER. The NAZI's discovered it's use as a mind control drug in 1940. The Russians use it in the GULAGS. It is known to cause a host of maladies including cancer and osteoporosis. The EUROPEANS DO NOT HAVE FLUORIDE IN THEIR WATER, and THEIR TEETH and GUMS are as HEALTHY as OURS.

2. MSG. If an additive in a product is less than 98% pure MSG, it can be labeled with numerous EUPHEMISMS like "HYDROLYZED PROTEIN".

3. ASPARTAME is a deadly poison that turns into FORMALDEHYDE at above 95 degrees. HUMANS usually have an internal body temperature of 98.6 degrees
( NUTRASWEET, indeed ) .

4. Teflon Pots and Pans release PCB's and Fluoride when you cook with them, in particular with greasy foods. They are in the adhesive (i.e., SilverStone) that makes this plastic coating stick.

5. Thimerosol (mercury) in the VACCINES from multiple dose bottles ( Eli Lilly) is what is causing AUTISM and Asbergers Syndrome. NOT the VACCINE itself. THEY KNOW THIS. The MEDIA KNOWS THIS, TOO.

6. Cancer is FUNGUS that can be killed swiftly and safely.

"THEIR" GOAL is DEPOPULATION. "THEY" have used the UN to further "THEIR" Agendas, including.... AGENDA 21, WTO, CODEX ALIMENTARIUS and GLOBAL WARMING..... all to induce "The New World Order".

H.A.A.R.P. punched the hole in the OZONE LAYER, not CFC's, in it's first test run... see Dr Bernard Eastlund, the inventor. There are many installations now around the globe. AMONG OTHER THINGS, H.A.A.R.P can and has strongly influenced WEATHER/STORMS, TSUNAMIS and EARTHQUAKES.

THE FDA and THE EPA are littered with MONSANTO and DOW "PEOPLE".

The GMO research was funded by THE ROCKERFELLER FOUNDATION. The research scientists that worked on it were the whistle blowers and were SILENCED in the MEDIA. William Engdahl tells his story below.

It was once broadcast here and on England's BBC... WE didn't listen closely enough.

"THEY" are controlling US with CHEMICALS, DRUGS, FOODSTUFFS, DEBT, WAR and MEDIA LIES.

PROVE THIS ALL WRONG. PLEASE!

WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR FELLOW "CONTAINERS"* FOR MORAL SUPPORT. *"THEIR" term NOT mine.

IF 95% OF THE PEOPLE BELIEVE HEARSAY, IT STILL IS HEARSAY, and ISN'T PROOF of ANYTHING but the FACT THAT YOU have PREFERRED TO BELIEVE THE LIES YOU"VE BEEN SOLD in BOOKS, MAGAZINES, TEXTBOOKS and NEWSPAPERS, RADIO and TV.

A high degree in Academia makes one knowledgeable of someone else's paradigm, it doesn't make you smart or think... ONE MUST DO THAT FOR THEMSELVES.

www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net...

www.wanttoknow.info...

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
Many years ago, when I was at primary school, I do not recall a single incident of children caling out repeatedly or running around the class or being medicated for anything other than the head lice infections that were common amongst the young. Children feared the teachers and knew that if classwork or homework was incomplete, they would be met with pain from the hands of a steely-eyed pedagogue carrying a leather belt with fronds at the end to increase the surface area for causing cellular damage.

Compare that with the picture today. Children are now allowed to sit back and have an amenuensis or scribe writing their notes if they have ADD/ADHD or dyslexia. The material that the class complete is carefully read out to them. They are tolerated for running around the class or occasionally uttering obscenities. About up to half of an average class will admit to having asthma and carry inhalers which they will periodically administer to themselves in the classroom.

Where the heck did this come from?

Is this something cultural? Is it due to a huge increase in pollution? Is it due to the Government experimenting with chemtrails or chemicals on an unsuspecting public? Is it due to greater awareness of the problem? Why is it that there are now so many ADD/ADHD pupils along with those with allergies?

Somebody clear this up for me because these things did not exist in my day...

[edit on 28/11/2008 by Heronumber0]

I haven't read the post but let me tell you my opinion on the matter.

When I was growing up I fear my parents and my older brother. When I was disciplined I was beat with a belt. Same thing with most of my friends. None of them or me were on medication for ADD or any other such disorder.

I think this is a result from the lax attitude of parents not disciplining their child.
My step-mother works in an Emergency room and I hear of these parents that bring children in for nothing more than a cold. It seems the zealousness of parents poking at doctors to diagnose something caused an increase in these.

Thats my opinion though, I could be completely wrong.

Same thing goes with Fibro Myalgia(spelling?) It seems to me attention whore. Again I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcguyvermanolo

1. Fluoride is the first ingredient in RAT POISON and a DDT replacement. It is a primary ingredient in PROZAC, ZOLOFT, and others like PAXIL, it is of NO DENTAL BENEFIT WHATEVER. The NAZI's discovered it's use as a mind control drug in 1940. The Russians use it in the GULAGS. It is known to cause a host of maladies including cancer and osteoporosis. The EUROPEANS DO NOT HAVE FLUORIDE IN THEIR WATER, and THEIR TEETH and GUMS are as HEALTHY as OURS.

2. MSG. If an additive in a product is less than 98% pure MSG, it can be labeled with numerous EUPHEMISMS like "HYDROLYZED PROTEIN".

3. ASPARTAME is a deadly poison that turns into FORMALDEHYDE at above 95 degrees. HUMANS usually have an internal body temperature of 98.6 degrees
( NUTRASWEET, indeed ) .

4. Teflon Pots and Pans release PCB's and Fluoride when you cook with them, in particular with greasy foods. They are in the adhesive (i.e., SilverStone) that makes this plastic coating stick.

5. Thimerosol (mercury) in the VACCINES from multiple dose bottles ( Eli Lilly) is what is causing AUTISM and Asbergers Syndrome. NOT the VACCINE itself. THEY KNOW THIS. The MEDIA KNOWS THIS, TOO.

6. Cancer is FUNGUS that can be killed swiftly and safely.

Ok most of the facts I know of. Can you help me though.

Ok the aspartame and teflon things I knew of. Same with the mercury.

Please Please Please give me reliable sources on numbers one and six. I know nothing of fluoride but I have never heard of the mind control thing either. Cancer being a fungus? This seems far from possible.

Again please, PLEASE give reliable sources. I don't want some back-water blog that doesn't give evidence. I want something really reliable. Thanks if you can provide this.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Is it just an interesting coincidence that 50 years ago, when the parents all smoked, drank, ate red meat, real butter, eggs, and used real cream, that the kids seemed to be much healthier?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join