It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police state Britain: Tory MP Damian Green's crime was to reveal truths Labour didn't want you to

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Thanks for the links. As a Yank, its sometimes hard to decern certain aspects of the British governments offices and pecking order. I can see from the reading that you folks have the beginnings of a real serious problem. The officials involved, from what I can understand, have what we call 'stepped in their own excrement' in this matter and the cleanup is going to get messy! Good luck to those who value your freedoms because it just might get worse!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

I expressed my doubts about whether this was a legitimate "whistle blower" when this story broke. It now looks as though the Civil Servant was more interested in a career change than the publics right to know. Another interesting piece of information on BBC R4 this morning was that the shadow cabinet was given a legal briefing last week on the difference between receiving unsolicited 'leaks' and 'inducing' a leak. All that aside, the Police should not have had access to the commons. Time for a change of Speaker.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You're welcome.

The seeds of what is happening now were sown by Blair,and it was difficult to do anything about it.Brown wasn't voted in by the people,so his position is not as secure,so the other political groups can take advantage of this.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The main problem these days is that we now have a government that is dishonest and corrupt and do not respect the rights of the citizens they are supposed to serve. It's also the same when it comes to some judges and quite a few police officers and the situation under New Labour is getting worse by the day.

Here's an perfect example of what I'm talking about. This soldier was beating by the police, punched and kicked at least 8 times without throwing a punch himself. Yet he was the one who got charged with assault. Thankfully another judge who does respect the law happened to see the video of the beating and was appalled and as a result the charges were dropped.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
For those interested,there is a thread about the incident in Kindreds post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Kindred.

I agree totally with what you say.
And whats worse is,Labour is an organization that was founded to help out the common/working man.Fat chance of that happening now!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join