It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday - Did you really save?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I went from store to store checking out the ‘so called’ deals and didn’t find any! From what I could see merchandise was marked up to an absurd price, then discounted back down to regular cost, which is too much anyway. I was amazed to see how many people were flopping up-and-down, foaming at the mouth, thinking they got some good buy, I think a lot of them got suckered. Surely there are some legitimate bargains out there, but they seem few and far between. Best Buy was a zoo with bad deals, Marshall Fields: overpriced with zero customer help. Then Toys R Us didn’t even have their toys in the right places, and everyone was really grumpy, then there was a shootout and people died and everyone was crying (Understandably). Anyway I’m like - “this blows kids, let’s go to ‘Revivals.” So we went to Revivals, which is a popular thrift store in my area, and that’s where I found the best deals - a true 50% off. So did any of you really save today, or did you just think you did?

[edit on 29-11-2008 by sexysadie]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

yup, your right...here in stockton, calif., my son went to go look around since he's home from college and all he found was a good deal on socks that he wears. all the other stuff was either crap marked way down that nobody would buy anyway...or they jacked up the "suggested" price then marked it down from there. and i don't know about where you live, but it's either plaid, or lime green or some other hideous color that seems to make up quite a bit of clothing that was on sale here. i'll just wait...because i think this "black friday" is just a suckers sale.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

I don't even bother shopping today. I did it ONCE... the whole be there when the doors open, in the sleet, at 5:00 A.M. thing 5 years ago. I was 9 months pregnant, wanted to get my shopping done since the baby was due in a week, and left home in the wee hours of the morning to make the hour long trek up to the city. It was something like Circuit City or Best Buy. I had all the advertisement magazines with me and the things I wanted to buy were circled and dog eared.

I made a bee-line for where I wanted to go in the store but everything I had circled was 'sold out.' NOT REMOTELY POSSIBLE. I was one of the first people in the damn door the second it opened. TOTAL SCAM.

That was my first and last Black Friday experience ever.

[edit on 11/28/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes I'm in California also. Lol lime green, isn't that the truth. It IS a sucker sale. It seems to be helped along in part by the corporate media. It’s just driving people further into credit card despair in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I saved some money today. I bought a a new Flyers third hockey jersey today and from 7am to 8am they were thirty percent off but they also are 200 dollars now as opposed to the home and away which are 150 so I saved sort of..lol but for the most part I didnt save much today but thank god gas is 1.60 here..for now..

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My parents bought a very nice stainless steel grill for $250 originally $450.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No you don't save anything. I worked at K-mart a few years back they had a program on the layaway computer that showed what K-mart payed for the merchandise and what they were selling it for. Let me tell you K-mart would make a very good profit even with the sales. But I don't think the program figured in the shipping of the item. I still laugh at what K-mart would mark it up too. You never really save very much. I have done the black friday a few times but after all the killing caused by it I think it should no longer be allowed. I think through the week each store should have sales going on not just that friday or just do away with it all together. I don't think that anyones life it worth saving a few bucks.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes I saved quite a bit this black friday,I went out and bought nothing,can't save much more then that

top topics

join