It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe most people's paranormal experiences are real-feel sorry for sceptics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have felt and experienced so many little oddities as well as it seems that everything that people say as paranormal experiences is most likely real.
70% of the people here I believe their strange experiences are real.
10% are ignorant to the fact they can not tell the difference of an object in the sky. 10% could be just confused about something that has happened to them and another 10% probably just theory based but written to look and sound real. I could be wrong with some percentages so I would put it up to 80% as being real at least and that most people are experiencing real phenomenons.

All i can say is that I feel mankind is going through a transition stage, could be the 2012 year, maybe the start of the Tribulation and judgements or some Alien contact or blackhole scenario that is at the centre of the Galaxy which is distorting time and space as we aline. I feel more and more people will come to ATS with whacky stories along with the dividing line of sceptics.

All I want to say to those people in the Twilightzone is to stay calm and and use your charm, if it effects you in a negative way either fight it or find a way out use what ever spiritual knowledge test them all out if you have to an answer and if it gets worse then either run or stay strong.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've had quite a few paranormal experiences myself.

two lines.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There are millions of neurons in the human brain that do not serve any functional use, there is a multitude of outside influences (chemical, environmental or biological) which can cause random firing of these neurons which would logically explain all personal "paranormal experiences"

While this is the truth, it is not nearly as interesting as mental illusion of all things paranormal.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I agree... as long as we don't know more about the human mind than we do, we can't really say wether or not someone has seen something, we can merely suggest that "I didn't see that" or "I can't be sure that that happend since I didn't see that myself".
Just like different people react differently to different kind of stimuli external to our own body. I bet we also react differently towards identical internal stimuli.
Then wether this stimuli causes the single person to really see something that isn't obvious or visible at first or wether it's results of neurons feeding eachother bogus info I wouldn't put a finger on.

Did you ever wonder if the taste of wood was the same to you as to someone else? Or even the feel of it...?

Some people might be receptible to extraordinary occurances and some might be prone to overinterpret something as extraordinary because they don't recognise the info that their own body is sending them. And some might not ever experience anything at all.

I also believe that you can sometimes (maybe even often) tell wether what a person suggests about having seen something special believes it him or herself and that's when I feel I'm entitled to be sceptic. Then there's sometimes where the person in question feels confident that they saw something. At those times the only thing I can think is "man, I'd love to get inside that guys head or experience the same as he did, cause I don't know what to believe".

But good call OP to lower the bar for the sceptics. I think we need that once in a while. At least to maintain a fluctuating discussion.

edit: I'm on the sceptic but interested team...

[edit on 28/11/08 by flice]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I won't go too deep, but the latest movies of this last decade seem to be secretly telling us ways to notice and see, think beyond this realm of reality or frequency. It sees like people know but are subconciously interpreting it through the sense of creativity which channels the mind to see without seeing. I feel the more the film industry and the movies open up to this way of thinking the more people are waking from the Matrix. It could be a way of the human creative mind and collective slowly aiming higher or releasing us from the prison of the sinful body. A lot movies have religious and spiritual themes, more than ever before. But the internet has also spread the word than the reast of our educational system has ever done which has shaped our outlooks in life, if not covered up the higher self of the human soul wellbeing.

I think if people look with their eyes at not what they see but don't see the fine line of beyond is just a sheet width away. People are doing that they try and infrared things and do electronic tests to see what we can not.

There is an increasing myserious feel in our times and a lot of people are waking up but there is a very straight line of a divide with the sceptics.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well part of all this is to understand the world as we are growing up as an individual person, a child may not know so much of how the world works but as he/she grows they will find out that its not as innocent as it once seemed because the real world is too horrific to show to an innocent mind.

But as we grow we know and are aware that the deeper realms are interwoven with good and evil in between crossing paths. Sometimes the spirit world may effect our realm and senses because after all mankind is just a child to this planet and universe and if there is a God then you now higher beings will have the knowledge to manipulate us but at the same time we can be protected spiritually and some people become victims of more unseen forces if not just witnesses of what lies beyond our perceptions.

I feel sorry for those who just won't accept that more exists but even if they do they won't accept that you got to see it first and they will never be convinced unless they see it. Many sceptics have come to believe but for every one that does another 1000 becomes a sceptic because todays society is trying to uneducate the human spirit.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I maintain that those who have had such experiences are believers, and unsurprisingly, those who haven't are skeptics.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think more and more will experience the paranormal and those who are not ready will be the most scared, at least some have some immunity when the tough gets unbelievably scary. Hope the believers will help those in need with their experience and knowledge when the time comes.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've had weird experiences in my life, I've had a ghost walk right past me, so I do believe in the supernatural in all it's many forms. However, when faced with a witnesses experience you simply have to approach it from a sceptical viewpoint! You have to explore all avenues searching for a normal explaination before you even start to explore paranormal ones.
The problem here on ATS is not with those sharing those weird moments they have had but with the scores of un-critical believers who are willing to believe absolutely anything as long as the outcome is spooky and paranormal.

new topics

top topics

join