It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a dream mean when you are floating in it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have had many dreams where I can "fly" or float in my dreams.

And really thinking about it, that is pretty much all I do in the dream. In the dream I project myself into thinking I can fly and shortly there after I will start to float and hover in the air. I will usually just hover around an area or keep flying higher to avoid something like a building or something like that.

The dreams are pretty vivid and it seems as though there is not much to doing it, just thinking it and then doing it. I can sit with my legs crossed in the air and just hover around looking down below at my surroundings.

Anyway I just wanted to see if anyone might have any thoughts as to what this may mean. It's always a pleasant dream nothing bad or evil here, but seems to be so real.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't know. I'm interested in this as well. I have dreams where I think about being in the air. I jump and spin in the air and just keep gaining altitude. Not much happens in these dreams for me either, it's just a feeling of release and joy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You might be interested in looking into astral travel/projection. I have the same myself and the vividness you describe could be indicative of a lucid dreaming state. I can say it's like being conscious, yet without all the questions. Often in these dreams I'm in familiar places, sometimes not even flying or floating but gliding along the ground. And the sense of freedom and exhilaration is the same.

Interestingly to me, I've also had dreams like where I'll then focus on a point and move into a standard dream for a short period of time and then return to flying to find another point to focus on and another dream and so on. This is something I haven't heard described before, so if anyone has any experience similar to this I'd like to hear what they may know.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I think I've astrally projected since I was young. I remember flying over my apartment complex numerous times. It was very vivid, and almost seemed more real than waking consciousness.

I also had light dreams, where I think I would basically be having deep REM sleep while being conscious. Not really sure though, it could have been my pineal pulsating and releasing hallucinogenics. I don't really have a clue, but the experience was out there. Colors would correlate to a number, a thought, and an emotion, until there would only be white light everywhere. Hard to explain and I don't fully remember as I was really young. Probably happened from age 4-11.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

It sounds like you're describing lucid dreaming, a state where the conscious and unconscious mind can cooperate. It is definitely related to the pineal, as one of its higher functions is the bridge between the two. The white light you describe could be seen as literal enlightenment. With the pineal open, we are receptive to both the known and unknown, dreams and reality. This is where the seeker seeks.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess this makes sense. I still have my pineal open. Am hypersensitive to peoples and buildings energy. You know how people will turn nearly 180 to see someone looking at them. I do that constantly. It's not really a paranoia thing, though it can turn into that if the person whom I lock eyes with feels that first, more of an issue of awareness and....boundlessness.

I can close my eyes for less than a minute and go way inside myself and recharge for a few hours! Also will start having major mind racing, thoughts that mix between randomness and structure.

Or I'm just partially insane!!

[edit on 28-11-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A common dream i had as a child was jumping down my stairs except softly floating down when i did...that was weird...dont get it anymore,but had it alll the time when i was younger.Recently i had a dream where i could fly,and there was something about my right leg when i did ie just about to take off...cant put my finger on it.Anyway too much smallville for me i guess

Oh and not being much into metaphysics or what have you,why is the pineal gland important? i know about the dmt relation but thats not really been proven...is this what people refer to as the third eye?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Yeah, I guess this makes sense. I still have my pineal open. Am hypersensitive to peoples and buildings energy. You know how people will turn nearly 180 to see someone looking at them. I do that constantly. It's not really a paranoia thing, though it can turn into that if the person whom I lock eyes with feels that first, more of an issue of awareness and....boundlessness.

I can close my eyes for less than a minute and go way inside myself and recharge for a few hours! Also will start having major mind racing, thoughts that mix between randomness and structure.

Or I'm just partially insane!!

You may be interested in some of the threads regarding empaths. I understand what you mean about having the pineal open which for me has to lead to some strange, wondrous and even frightening experiences. So much that I've often questioned myself on just how fine the line is between madness and mysticism.

The latest conclusion: Very fine indeed. But awareness is the key to wielding the tool, and it's where we can find the necessary balance.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Awesome. Agree entirely. Will check out empath threads after a quick roll and puff..

new topics

top topics

join