It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have hired a secretary...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Good point, hence my plug for hire a senior, heh heh, *usually* isn't it the secretary needing to leave the too interested boss? If this is the case where he has a say so in the hiring, there are Online employment match-ups for older workers. My theory is based on a recent positive hiring experience where the secretary was 60 or so, and the company ethical, executive, and professional-located in the most important business building in town. Classy.
I don't know why I guess that this is the ops' company's mode of operation. So many fall short of their goals.

I truly feel that based on what the op said the man has standing for a suit against her. I don't know much about it but isn't there a process where he gets his lawyer to arrange a supeona of her and the both appear before a judge and he states his take on the situation as to her behavior being in violation with the law, as well as the personal griefance for the trauma and lack of productivity HAVING to deal with this causes him. (I never take my own advice). And then the judge tells the little harlot to stop it.

Coincidentally--this also makes the paperwork trail necessary (I suppose) for firing without a reverse suit.

And if this is a route he decides to take: he should NOT approach her. Just get the necessary paperwork together and treat it like a business task.

Really sorry your going through this OP. (this is not a come on)

[edit on 30-11-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
does she look like michelle phieffer or one of those chicks from heeha

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The issue I can see with you firing her is.. and I may be wrong as I don't know the laws in the United-States, Is that she may sue you for unfair dismissal.... unless you say it is because of her "advances" which brings you back to the beginning with her spinning it around back at you.

Only valid option left is.... Give me your job!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've kinda been there, so I feel your pain.

Get your other employees to write what they saw her doing. The more the better. Make sure they put down how you handled it.

Roper

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The proper way to handle it is this...

Get hold of your HR person and schedule a meeting, invite your secretary into your office with the HR person and bring up the issue. Sexual harassment works both ways. If you are a happily married man then you need to nip this problem in the bud as quickly as possible and in the most up front and documented way as possible.

Simply explain to her that you perceive what she is doing as inappropriate and that while she may not be doing this intentionally you feel that she is not acting in a professional manner. Then ask her to please stop this behavior. The HR person is there just as a witness as to make sure that nothing you say is taken out of context and used against you.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If there is an HR department, you might want to alert them to what you view as her suggestive nature. Tell them you don't want anything done about it, you just want it on the record that she is rather flirtatious and suggestive and you are not interested. This way, if she makes a claim of harrassment down the road, you've already made the case that she initiated and was upset that you rejected her.

then you can either tell her you are flattered but, alas, married and not interested or you can simply do nothing and hope that she never takes it beyond shaking her rump.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
OR.. you could 'grab some' while you can.

First,use a permanent marker to fashion a mole in a very personal place.

Then when she drops the hammer on you,and uses it as proof of 'personal contact',you will have removed it with acetone,thus exposing (ooer) her as an unreliable witness.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

I would never do anything like that of course.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
assuming you dont have a car.

if you have a car people you work with are not hot

if you dont have a car they seem, hot

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You could just fire her and hire a really fat and ugly secretary to throw any temptation out the window.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join