It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Obama/Nostradamus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Century V, Quatraine 29

"Liberty will not be recovered, A proud, villainous, wicked black one will occupy it, When the matter of the bridge will be opened, The republic of Venice vexed by the Danube."

Seems the quatraine itself is 5/29 or 5-2-2009

seems like a quote of our liberties and republic... just throwing it out there,

As always dazed and confused to it.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
History channel replayed the Nostradamus II program. I always like watching those because they allow both the believers and the skeptics to come on and voice their opinion and research. It always inspires me to pay attention how the sides translate the man's works and gives me some fuel to try to translate those not yet attributed to history.

I would like to follow up your selection with 2 of my own.

Q5-30
All around the Great City, soldiers will be lodged throughout the fields and towns; to give the assault Paris, Rome incited; then upon the bridge, great pillage will be carried out.

Q10-2
The ships veil will hide the sail galley, the great fleet will come, the lesser one to go out; ten ships near will turn to drive it back, the great one conquered, the united ones to join to itself.

So, is all of this indicative of an attack on the Roman church? On religion itself? Lets do what so many have not done all too publicly. Lets try to figure this one out in advance.

Venice is a city in northern Italy. Geographically speaking, it is the northernmost major Italian city where the Danube river passes over Italy. Venice also is a port city on the Caspian.
The Danube River runs from Germany, through Austria, Hungary, Serbia and Romania and along the borders of Slovakia and Bulgaria, ending at the Black Sea.

The Great City, in these references, could refer to Rome. Rome has always been one of the greatest cities in history. Within the confines of Rome is the Vatican City, which has set itself apart from Rome to become a great city within a great city. VC is the home of the Catholic Religion and its ruling authority, the Pope. The Pope is and has always been, by far one of the most respected and influential leaders in history and continues to be today.

It is known that the Islamic fundamentalists and terrorists are basically always looking for a reason to "destroy the infidels", or anyone that does not follow Islamic faith. The Islamic faith factions are quickly spreading throughout the world and largely throughout Europe and Africa.

Religion is slowly losing its importance in the world. The combination of religious terrorism, the discoveries of writings that were deliberately left out of the cannons to misdirect the faithful, and the dismantling of so many of the "old truths" has left more and more people with a sour taste for them.

So, has Nostradamus left clues to the eventual attack on the Church spread out in his writings? Has he placed in here a warning that the once ways are to reach their end in a violent manner? If so, who is the attacker? Will the Knights of the Crusades be awakened to battle the warriors of Islam once again? Are they destined to lose? Is this a self-repeating prophecy? Did he write this about the lost battles from the past or the battles to come?

Let me present some parallels that I have drawn for the above.
"Proud, villainous, wicked black one" could refer to Muslim terrorists.
"The Great City" could be Rome, in an attempt to get to the Vatican.
"Rome incited" could refer to the fact that the Catholic religion springs forth from the Vatican, located in Rome.
"great pillage will be carried out" as a reference to the destruction caused.
All of Q10-2 as a reference to a naval battle and the united Islamic fundamentalist groups against the Catholic religion.
"republic of Venice vexed by the Danube" as a reference to the point of entry or first battle.

Tear my post to shreds and prove me wrong. I would love to see a greater interpretation and be wrong. Nostradamus is difficult to decipher, but some of it can make sense if your mind is opened wide enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The term "black one" refers to "evil one" "black hearted" etc...
not the color of ones skin.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nostradamus wrote sooo much and it can be interpreted many ways...and he was on nutmeg all the time when he was making these predictions....I dont believe it...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
The term "black one" refers to "evil one" "black hearted" etc...
not the color of ones skin.

That still is a description of Islamic Terrorists, though. It matters not that they base it on religion, it is still evil to destroy in the numbers that they destroy. The Catholic religion is no better because of their history, but in keeping with modern times, it would be the Islamic religion at the forefront of evil.

However, conceding all of that, the "black one" could be the next incarnation of the Anti-Christ likened figure. Substituting that in does change the interpretation to an extent, but it would still be an attack on the world of religion.

I will add that Q10-12 is about, what I believe to be, the next Pope to follow Benedict, or perhaps later in Benedict's life as Pope.

"Elected Pope, as elected he will be mocked, suddenly, unexpectedly moved prompt and timid; through too much goodness and kindness provoked to die, fear extinguished guides the night of his death."

I apply this to Benedict simply because I am drawing parallels to an attack on Rome and the Vatican. The Pope is a kind and forgiving man. Perhaps this is described here as the days following the attack his goodness overwhelms his sense of retaliation and his attackers call for his death. Of course, this is in the Century X line, so it could be well into the future before this may happen, which is why I also apply this to his successor.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by wheresthetruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I thought the hall of popes is filled and there were not going to be any more new popes.
Islam is not the "black evil" religion. Fundamentalism in all of its forms is evil so don't let us Christian's off the hook yet.

Now, since your OP had Obama in the title I naturally assumed that you meant "black" to refer to Obama. I have yet to hear how Obama is relavent to this thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Nostradamus wrote sooo much and it can be interpreted many ways...and he was on nutmeg all the time when he was making these predictions....I dont believe it...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Solomons]

I had never heard he was on nutmeg ever before. That is interesting. Did he have a special concoction? Was this well known back then? I hear it can cause some rather interesting hallucinations but I cannot figure out how to ingest the amount it would take without vomiting. Anyway, why is this not more widely discussed? It seems like the fact that he took drugs should be brought into consideration when discussing his prophecies more. Any other info you have on that, or links would be awesome. - please and thanks.

top topics

join