It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Crew Hears Metallic Noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The first time in a few months, the two man crew hears a drum like noise in the International Space Station. Part of the russian made section of the ISS, mission control had previously been unable to detect the issue.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040402/ap_on_sc/space_station

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
maybe it's something living in there? with the track record of russian technology i wouldn't be surprised...

"i call the big one 'bitey'"

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The fact that it happened more then once with a long time period in between events could indicate it's a hardware problem or maybe just some kind of expansion or contraction due to temperature changes. Really hard to guess unless they recorded it or had a better explanation of the sound.

Whatever it is I'd been a little shaken if I heard something like that up there. Maybe it's the sound the alien ship makes when they dock with the space station.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
its dr. zachary smith the stow away

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw an article about this, too. I have no idea what it could be. Aliens? Thermal bending?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've heard about this several times now. Before they thought it was an airleak or metorites or something. Wierd that it started to happen again.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I bet it's the missing WMD's...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That is very odd. It's also strange that just when they were about to inspect the outside of the ship, one of the men's space suits had a malfunction. Coincidence?!?! Yes, probably. But still odd. Maybe we'll later hear about the men not responding so they send up replacements, only to find two horribly mutilated bodies! Or not.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thats wierd Metallic is a colour is it not? like Metallic blue fro e.g. So how can you hear a colour?!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i remember te first noice they had and we talked about it here.. hmm i think its the metal contracking in diff temps...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Thats wierd Metallic is a colour is it not? like Metallic blue fro e.g. So how can you hear a colour?!

metallic means like metal, so you can have a colour that is shiney like metal or a sound that is like metal clonking.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Didn't they also just recently saw some weird unidentified object float by the station? Well one things for sure, if they just happen to loose contact Im not going up there!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"ISS crew hears Metallica noise"

FakeNews(tm), Houston TX - Lars Ulrich of the band Metallica was in a furor yesterday upon learning that ISS Commander Mike Foale was sharing mp3s from the Metallica album "Master of Puppets" with fellow crewmember Akexander Kaleri.

"It's bad enough that people on earth have no respect for our copyrights", said Ulrich, "but stealing our work and sending into space, that takes crime to a new level." Metallica members vehemently object to copying and transmission of their music, citing federal and international copyright laws.

Mike Foale claimed innocence from his lofty perch above the earth. "Actually I didn't rip it myself. Houston played Battery as our wakeup song last Thursday as an in-joke, because Sasha and I wasted 6 hours the other day troubleshooting battery faults in the service module." Cosmonaut Alexander Krikalev confirmed Foale's explanation, but added "The next day one of the flight controllers sent us mp3 of the wakeup music, along with the rest of the album. We enjoy getting new music up here. There wasn't any room for CDs in the last Progress so mp3 is our only alternative."

Members of the band Metallica have demanded full access to the ISS ops lan fileserver, and have issued a cease-and-decist order to the Johnson Space Center against all further use of Metallica-owned media as crew wakeup music.

top topics

join