It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the reason I fear the God of the bible: science

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by reject

There is no need to fear God !
At least I don't fear my God as my God is not vengeful,jealous,punishing and self serving.
To bad about the scarry God that needs to be taught a lesson in behavior,morality and anger management.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by azureskys]

My GOD is jealous, he want me for him self so I won't worship demon or idol of all kind, and so I will fear, love and serve him with all my heart and with all my soul! But he ain't scary he's warm and friendly he understand me and bring me the true happiness(not a fleshy one), la joie de vivre!!!
GOD is Holy and just, he is the light, the life itself and pure love,(we human can barely understand how right and great he is in his sentence)

I tank YAHWEH the GOD of the Holy-Bible, he made me a new man, way different, I was so much in darkness, in the lower part, the lowest of the lowest, full of sin of all kind, he really transform me not completely yet, but we work on it, now I care not anymore about earthly,it is not the flesh who rule anymore!!! I tank you LORD!

!!!JESUS CAN SAVE YOU TOO, ASK HIM!!!
He can, and he want!!

FIREWASP

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

To the Anonymous Poster: Thank You! I can lay my shovel down now because you have written the answer to just about every question any non-believer could pose. They love to trip up believers. Even that in itself is prophesy.

The very fact that these heated debates go on here and everywhere (chat rooms across the globe) makes me wonder, why do people spend so much time writing about a thing they don't believe? Human nature says that you don't spend time on subjects that don't interest you or have any meaning for you. So, I don't really know who they are trying to convince THE MOST --- me or themselves --- that Christianity is a ruse.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

not really it all reliese on the premise there must be a god

so it trips over its self at every hurdle unless your already a believer and answers nothing other then to say i believe so it must be right

its affermataion and justification of faith nothing more

[edit on 4/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by Bombeni

not really it all reliese on the premise there must be a god

so it trips over its self at every hurdle unless your already a believer and answers nothing other then to say i believe so it must be right

its affermataion and justification of faith nothing more

[edit on 4/12/08 by noobfun]

I'm getting another one of those mixed signals. Are you saying there is or isn't a God? If you believe there isn't a God, why do you spend any time reading and writing about it? Lots of people are 100 percent sure that Bigfoot exists; I don't, but I have no compulsion to convince the believers of that.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I'm getting another one of those mixed signals. Are you saying there is or isn't a God? If you believe there isn't a God, why do you spend any time reading and writing about it? Lots of people are 100 percent sure that Bigfoot exists; I don't, but I have no compulsion to convince the believers of that.

how do you get a mixed signal from that?

looks like a sly way to pull a why do you bother dont question religeon posts

why do i bother becasue everything should be questioned and if somthing fears it its usuallybecasue it struggles to stand against it

what can i say i have a morale compulsion to explore falsehoods and lies and point them up think of me like a big warning sign on the edge of a cliff

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
one more thing
WHEN YOURE GOD
YOU do what YOU want
your problem is youre not god
so youre fustrated cuz you dont get your way
too bad GOD is GOD
and if HE WANTS you dead
YOURE DEAD period!

Is this meant to be high irony?
If not thats some pretty twisted,warped,perverted logic you've got going on there.
Are you seriously suggesting the god who (allegedly) invented the positive values like benevolence and compassion would turn his back on these traits and wallow and indulge in malevolence and vindictiveness?

Are you realy saying that god visited thousands of acts of premeditated murder upon men women and children just because of insecure,petty minded vengance?
If so, telling Moses that killing is wrong would make him the world's most infamous hypocrite wouldn't it?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Ok. so I am pretty sure, not positive though, that you don't believe God exists. I think. But you're doing the right thing, trying to guide us poor misled dupes back to the er, light? You really expect me to believe you are spending time in "God" threads because of someone ELSE'S needs, not your own?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Ok. so I am pretty sure, not positive though, that you don't believe God exists. I think. But you're doing the right thing, trying to guide us poor misled dupes back to the er, light? You really expect me to believe you are spending time in "God" threads because of someone ELSE'S needs, not your own?

wow nice try at a reframe to make me out to be the bad guy

your pretty sure i dont believe in god? what gave it away? ill try and be more subtle next time

awww us poor misled dupes can you be any more patronising in your efforts?

do you really expect me to believe your spending time in god threads(in evolution and creationism .. my favorite hang out) for someone else needs not your own to re-affirm your own faith?

if your really that worried about someone asking questions isnt it time to be worried how strong your faith is?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

wow nice try at a reframe to make me out to be the bad guy

your pretty sure i dont believe in god? what gave it away? ill try and be more subtle next time

awww us poor misled dupes can you be any more patronising in your efforts?

do you really expect me to believe your spending time in god threads(in evolution and creationism .. my favorite hang out) for someone else needs not your own to re-affirm your own faith?

if your really that worried about someone asking questions isnt it time to be worried how strong your faith is?

Well, if you have a concern about the strength of my faith, it could be God used our discussion to point something out to me; I'll ponder the idea.

I don't worry about people asking questions, I just wonder what is really behind it. Could it be that you have an unsettled feeling, maybe even fear, about it? If so, that would be proof that God is working on you, unwilling to give up even one of His own.

“And Jesus said, ‘For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind’” (John 9:39).

I know the last thing anyone wants to see here is scripture. And the thing is, Jesus is so completely NOT religious. It's a real paradox, the whole Jesus/Bible/Religion thing. You have to learn how to keep the latter two from from obscuring and jumbling up the very simplistic thing about Jesus, that at the end of the day, "all who believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well, if you have a concern about the strength of my faith, it could be God used our discussion to point something out to me; I'll ponder the idea.

I don't worry about people asking questions, I just wonder what is really behind it. Could it be that you have an unsettled feeling, maybe even fear, about it? If so, that would be proof that God is working on you, unwilling to give up even one of His own.
fear comes from a god who punishes no god no fear

sorry that dog wont hunt, what next athiests cant have any morales?

religeon breeds fear its an integral part of the belief

I know the last thing anyone wants to see here is scripture. And the thing is, Jesus is so completely NOT religious. It's a real paradox, the whole Jesus/Bible/Religion thing. You have to learn how to keep the latter two from from obscuring and jumbling up the very simplistic thing about Jesus, that at the end of the day, "all who believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."
but that its self creates a paradox when jesus who came to save all blinded men from recieving his message, and the bible says god did the same

just how loving are they?

they dam men to hell for thier inadeqacies and failing, predestine people to hell so they have no chance of salavation

kill everyone and everything rather then punish just the wicked

how do you justify these actions of a loving god to your self?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

God does not damn men, their unforgiven sins do that. I'd say it took a pretty loving God to offer His only begotten son, who was actually God in the flesh, as a ransom for our sins. That is what I call desperation, calls to mind the woman who can lift a car off her pinned child.

God demands respect, He's God for crying out loud. But I'm telling you in no uncertain terms, God is good and merciful. He would do anything to own your soul, I'm no Bible scholar, but who knows the fear part may have been added to persuade those who respond to such tactics. I know I used every trick in the book when my two sons were growing up, to keep them on the straight and narrow. Well I gotta go, thanks for the discussion.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

God does not damn men, their unforgiven sins do that. I'd say it took a pretty loving God to offer His only begotten son, who was actually God in the flesh, as a ransom for our sins. That is what I call desperation, calls to mind the woman who can lift a car off her pinned child.
read your bible it says numerous times god prejudges even after jesus had been and left it was said again

jesus and gd both said they blinded and deafened people so they cannot hear the message and be saved through jesus

god said he made sin for the purpose of making sinners

to make someone a sinner then blind them from the message? how is that a fair and loving act? is the sacrifice of jesus really that great an act if it cant save all mankind? only the ones he chose?

God demands respect, He's God for crying out loud. But I'm telling you in no uncertain terms, God is good and merciful.

yes killing the children and the animals and decending plagues and pestulance and famine on egypt rather then punish the pharoah

or just lift up the jews and move them to safety

why not convert the moabites? why slaughter them?

He would do anything to own your soul, I'm no Bible scholar, but who knows the fear part may have been added to persuade those who respond to such tactics.
by jesus's words confdeming most of the jews to hell

by jesus dondeming the unbelievers to hell (the same ones he prevented from being believers)

or the christians that leave the faith then come back, hell for them too

I know I used every trick in the book when my two sons were growing up, to keep them on the straight and narrow. Well I gotta go, thanks for the discussion.
anytime

do me a favour read your bible front to back and learn some of the tricks god uses you didnt

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Your Post is a Clever observation.
I Like How Your mind Works ..
Smart and Humble. Thank you for putting yourself out there.

As far as the replys I have read.
Father Forgive them For WE still can't even create a single blade of grass out of nothing. Especially useing our own dirt.

As far as I know in all of science, there is one constant and one constant only.
Positive and Negative .
How that all works to make all things possable only God still Knows.
so Maybe Hell is part of a bigger machine. Who knows.
But I do Know No One needs to go to hell.
A way out or "conductor" was provided for all.

That is Why the Name JESUS makes you feel all fuzzy inside.

Because through Him the Chanel to Heaven OPENS for YOU..
Just basic science. God Bless

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

As far as the replys I have read.
Father Forgive them For WE still can't even create a single blade of grass out of nothing. Especially useing our own dirt.

we can make fully synthetic virus's its not a blade of grass but they exist and they are fully functioning in what we make them to do

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

we can make fully synthetic virus's its not a blade of grass but they exist and they are fully functioning in what we make them to do

No, you cant make it fully.

The molecule contained a string of 21 genes used by a harmless laboratory bacterium.

They still require a bacteria to start. The synthetic is an assembly built off a core not of their own design.

Let me put it another way.

Lets say you have all of the elements of the periodic chart in their native form in the proper containers.
Can you assemble a bacteria of your own design using no other cell material of any living thing?

Scientists says synthetic. Some say that scientists have already been given the foundation.

Peace

[edit on 4-12-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well the real thing is so complex ...I think synthetic is about as close as your ever going to get .....Synthetic is NOT REAL now is it ?

Noob you better be careful your reading so much of the word and getting some really great replys ....your gonna end up born again .....you may just end up seeing that light at the end of the tunnel during all of this "Studying" you have been doing ...
You go Noob ...heck you study the word more than alot of Christians I know ..at least I gotta give you that much ..even if you dont understand it ...

My Stepdad did this exact same thing before he gave his life to Christ about 15 years ago (he died and was the best Christian I have ever known .....just a few years ago ) .....
Every night and everyday for about three months him and I went through that bible (he was gonna prove to me that bible was BS .) it ended up just the opposite of what he thought ..

Praying for ya NOOB .....

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

In 2002 researchers at SUNY Stony Brook succeeded in synthesizing poliovirus from its chemical code, producing the world's first synthetic virus.[39] Scientists first converted poliovirus's published RNA sequence, 7741 bases long, into a DNA sequence, as DNA was easier to synthesize. Short fragments of this DNA sequence were obtained by mail-order, and assembled. The complete viral genome was then assembled by a gene synthesis company. This whole painstaking process took two years *snip*The newly minted synthetic virus was injected into PVR transgenic mice, to determine if the synthetic version was able to cause disease. The synthetic virus was able to replicate, infect, and cause paralysis or death in mice. However, the synthetic version was between 1,000 and 10,000 times less lethal than the original virus
en.wikipedia.org...

same as above

In 2002, the German-born molecular geneticist startled the scientific world by creating the first live, fully artificial virus in the lab. It was a variation of the bug that causes polio, yet different from any virus known to nature. And Wimmer built it from scratch
www.washingtonpost.com...

Read/Write DNA: Gene
Synthesis
It’s not quite the Biblical feat described
in Genesis but if you give
Epoch Biolabs of Houston, Texas
a thousand dollars they can make
a little bit of life (an entire gene)
out of chemical dust and post their
creation to you within seven days.13
From Moscow to Montreal, Norway
to Nashville a young industry of
gene synthesis companies builds
artificial life one chemical at a time,
ships it as small sections of DNA to
labs that are pushing the limits of
what is possible in the biotech field.

www.etcgroup.org...

Scientists have built a virus from scratch in only two weeks. Their new technique paves the way for synthetic viruses and bacteria, but stirs concerns over biological weapons and the environment.
*snip*It is the second virus to be synthesized from commercially available ingredients.
cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

Noob you better be careful your reading so much of the word and getting some really great replys ....your gonna end up born again .....you may just end up seeing that light at the end of the tunnel during all of this "Studying" you have been doing ...
i already am i took the last step, im just here waiting for you guys to catch up

Praying for ya NOOB .....
better sacrifice a few sheep too

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Synthetic and from scratch seem to be two loosely used terms within the field of biochemistry.

Therefore, a question for those that know.

Can the process be done without the introduction or supplementation of any parts or pieces from existing life forms or cells?

Peace

[edit on 5-12-2008 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join