the reason I fear the God of the bible: science

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Mmm, no my time is worth more than spending it copying and pasting the hate-filled posts you fill page after page with. Anyone interested in reading them can scan for themselves, if they are able to even decipher them. That's no easy task.
well thats very nice isnt it

more names and finger pointing with a refusal to back them up

waste of your time? or worried the results will only match what i have shown for your actions? or that infact i dont go around saying all christians are this and all christains are that, i say some christians a christain many christians

try again

While you are reading the Bible, try using it as a grammar tool. Pay attention to the spelling and punctuation. The Bible would be a great book to use to improve your writing skills. And listen, the old rule "i before e except after c" is a fallacy. It only applies to a handful of words.

yay more insults and redicule rather then tackle a point head on, you can only question my grammer and spelling and dodge or twist my points while i question your points and ignore spelling and grammer

which one is the petty chilidish route? which is the one that looks for truth and meaning? which one are you really using?

the truth is always the truth no matter how much it upsets you and how much you ignore it pour scorn on it and avoid it, it will still always be the truth

so back up those claims of your or dont make them

dus vult will never be acceptable when compared through the light of verum mos sicco

nice sig text shame both of them fall flat when actually looked at

[edit on 18/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It's not a very good idea to insult someone when you're trying to paint yourself as the goodly Christian who would never stoop as low as an atheist...
I think we've all insulted each other here, but neither noobfun nor I are being hypocritical as you are...

I'm not going to get into a mudsling fest with you.

Oh really? Because your very next post disagrees with you...

Let's just end this now.
If you want to discuss the points then let's discuss the points.
If you want to sling mud, at least put on a raincoat...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
nice sig text shame both of them fall flat when actually looked at

I like her sig
Might as well change it to:
"Warning, I'm going to argue against atheists but I really have no clue what the word 'atheist' means"
lol...
An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a god.
An atheist is not simply someone who has never heard of your god...

Huge difference

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
reply to post by Bombeni

It's not a very good idea to insult someone when you're trying to paint yourself as the goodly Christian who would never stoop as low as an atheist...
I think we've all insulted each other here, but neither noobfun nor I are being hypocritical as you are...

I'm not going to get into a mudsling fest with you.

Oh really? Because your very next post disagrees with you...

Let's just end this now.
If you want to discuss the points then let's discuss the points.
If you want to sling mud, at least put on a raincoat...

Goodly? I am not perfect, just saved.

The fact that you both occupy your time discussing God, you know, that guy that doesn't exist, is the epitomy of hypocrisy. Just admit that you believe in God, you just don't like Him. You would be in a much better position.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

How do you like this one? That one's up for grabs.

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way."

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The fact that you both occupy your time discussing God, you know, that guy that doesn't exist, is the epitomy of hypocrisy. Just admit that you believe in God, you just don't like Him. You would be in a much better position.

hahah the fact i say santa isnt real doesnt that mean i really beleive in him? how about the toothfairy and unicorns and dragons?

i discuss shows i watch on tv and most of those arnt real, i know they arnt and i still discuss them so does that mean i really do think they are real?

no hypocracy here move along

just some badly thought out arguments that fall apart when you look at them

you keep talking about atheists and saying they are wrong just admit they are right and stop bieng afriad to admit it, you obviously are becasue you discuss it and deny it ... works both ways it seems

and both ways are as equally silly

to form a good argumnet spin it around and see if it works exactly the same from the other direction, yours does so it isnt a good one

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way."

doesnt work though when the bible says god and jesus prevented people going to heaven

they didnt get the right to go to hell in thier own way, their way was forced upon them

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Goodly, as in being good (I think it's a word anyway, and if not then it is now
).
I just find it ironic that your insulting someone on the bases that they're insulting you while ignoring the insults that caused that person to return the insult...

The fact that you both occupy your time discussing God, you know, that guy that doesn't exist, is the epitomy of hypocrisy.

It's really not.
Just ask me why I do it, I could give you several reasons.
1) It's like a Rubik's Cube
2) I like encouraging logic and reason over indoctrination.
3) I'd like to help people rid themselves of the same lies I was taught as a child.
4) I think I have some good points to make - even though they may be ignored by people like you...
5) It's entertaining (kinda goes along with #1 but what the hell).

Why do you think people spend time trying to debunk aliens or conspiracy theories or anything else?
Is it because they secretly believe in aliens, but they're just denying their conscience?
lol...

Just admit that you believe in God, you just don't like Him. You would be in a much better position.

I do believe in God.
He is best described as a figment of your imagination.
I do believe that you have an imaginary friend named God.

There. Are you happy now

I think you're just angry because my definition of God is different than yours...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

you keep talking about atheists and saying they are wrong just admit they are right and stop bieng afriad to admit it, you obviously are becasue you discuss it and deny it ... works both ways it seems

Good point lol...
But good points are usually ignored by certain people...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

hahah the fact i say santa isnt real doesnt that mean i really beleive in him? how about the toothfairy and unicorns and dragons?

i discuss shows i watch on tv and most of those arnt real, i know they arnt and i still discuss them so does that mean i really do think they are real?

Oh is that so? I can accept you don't believe in Santa, but where are the discussions/debates with you arguing that point? Link please. Do the discussions regarding these tv shows you mention revolve around you arguing that they are not real? Link please.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

yes its probably best you dont say anything else without reflecting on it first

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Oh is that so? I can accept you don't believe in Santa, but where are the discussions/debates with you arguing that point? Link please. Do the discussions regarding these tv shows you mention revolve around you arguing that they are not real? Link please.

oops it appears you didnt

not run across any santa is real and i can pretend to prove it threads

not run across any i think stargate is 100% real or survivors is 100% true and real or gundam 00 is really the future threads either so that would be hard to link

although by applying a bad argument the fact they arnt real must mean i think they are ....

and no denial about the reversal?

so as you have started atheists are ugly offer nothing and are all misguided and lying when your own argumenst applied

you really think we are all sexy have more to offer then anyone else are spot on accurate and are the most truthful people ever

so why are you afraid to admit it?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
+

Good point lol...
But good points are usually ignored by certain people...

Doing a little fence circling eh? I have no idea what you just tried to say. If I understand you at all, you say I deny there are atheists? No I don't, not at all. I am just suggesting that true atheists don't feel compelled to discuss/debate a thing they believe does not even exist. Now, where are those links to debates where you guys are arguing whether Santa exists? I'll wait.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Goodly, as in being good (I think it's a word anyway, and if not then it is now
).
I just find it ironic that your insulting someone on the bases that they're insulting you while ignoring the insults that caused that person to return the insult...

The fact that you both occupy your time discussing God, you know, that guy that doesn't exist, is the epitomy of hypocrisy.

It's really not.
Just ask me why I do it, I could give you several reasons.
1) It's like a Rubik's Cube
2) I like encouraging logic and reason over indoctrination.
3) I'd like to help people rid themselves of the same lies I was taught as a child.
4) I think I have some good points to make - even though they may be ignored by people like you...
5) It's entertaining (kinda goes along with #1 but what the hell).

Why do you think people spend time trying to debunk aliens or conspiracy theories or anything else?
Is it because they secretly believe in aliens, but they're just denying their conscience?
lol...

Just admit that you believe in God, you just don't like Him. You would be in a much better position.

I do believe in God.
He is best described as a figment of your imagination.
I do believe that you have an imaginary friend named God.

There. Are you happy now

I think you're just angry because my definition of God is different than yours...

Then you were out of place when you say you don't believe in God. You believe in Him, He at least exists for you as a figment of my imagination.

While you are trying to prove your point, you will most likely one day realize He wasn't a figment at all. This happens with scientists all the time; they try to prove something as being one way and along the road discover it is something entirely different. So keep at it. I'm still waiting for those links to threads where you guys debate Santa.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Doing a little fence circling eh? I have no idea what you just tried to say. If I understand you at all, you say I deny there are atheists?
ummm no i didnt

No I don't, not at all.
i know which is why that isnt what i said or what paradox agreed with, but feel free to totally miss the point as paradox suggested you might, were getting used to it

I am just suggesting that true atheists don't feel compelled to discuss/debate a thing they believe does not even exist.
no such thing as a 'true athiest' as you cant be a false athiest, an athiest is basically anyone who doesnt beliieve in a god what ever thier personal reason may be

unlike religeon we dont/cant go around calling each other not real athiests and false athiests becasue they dont agree with our reason for not believing in god

your either an athiest or somthing else

Now, where are those links to debates where you guys are arguing whether Santa exists? I'll wait.
go start one then there will be one for us to jump into

we cant argue somthing doesnt exist if the thread to do it in also doesnt exist, and very few people use santa belief as a way to demonise others and pile abuse at thier comments ... so its not really comparable to a religeon

and speaking of waiting where are those christains persecuted by athiests in the name of athiesism links you promised?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

so as you have started atheists are ugly offer nothing and are all misguided and lying when your own argumenst applied

you really think we are all sexy have more to offer then anyone else are spot on accurate and are the most truthful people ever

so why are you afraid to admit it?

You really think you played that one like a violin, but it came out more like a flute you'd find in a box of crackerjack. I find it hilarious that you took the couple things I said entirely out of context, to try to use them against me from here to doomsday (try to ignore the term 'doomsday') --- but that does not bother me per se, because I am comfortable with who I am and what I believe. And I never in a million years would have called-a- member-to-task over their grammatical abilities, or lack thereof, except that you noobfun had started the ball rolling on that and I was just following suit.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Then you were out of place when you say you don't believe in God. You believe in Him, He at least exists for you as a figment of my imagination.
ummm no that makes the figmanet of imagination a part of you

he still doesnt beleive in him or that he exists, he only believes you think he does

other wise if i were to think god died becasue a magic unicorn killed him and said this as i just did, therefore because i think it and you know i do its part of your belief and your out of order to deny this

is it just me or is this a masive logical failing of epic proportions?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You really think you played that one like a violin, but it came out more like a flute you'd find in a box of crackerjack. I find it hilarious that you took the couple things I said entirely out of context,

nope sorry i took things you said in context added your terrible argument to them and hey presto

you secretly love and admire atheists but your afraid to admit it, and i prefer fiddles to violins they often sound so somber the poor little mites, but fiddles always seem much happier and fun

because I am comfortable with who I am and what I believe.
then why do you have to keep changing what people say to be somthing entirely different so you can carry on beleiveoing rather then actually challenge your views and see just how worthy they are?

And I never in a million years would have called-a- member-to-task over their grammatical abilities, or lack thereof, except that you noobfun had started the ball rolling on that and I was just following suit.
really i think you will be hard pressed to find me correcting peoples spelling and grammer becasue its the argument that important

but hey feel free to make another baseless claim .... or ya know actually try and prove it

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

doesnt work though when the bible says god and jesus prevented people going to heaven

they didnt get the right to go to hell in thier own way, their way was forced upon them

But if these people DON"T BELIEVE IN GOD, and go to hell, didn't they get there by their own way? Remember now, there is no GOD, so if they are in hell, WHO sent them? I'm going to give you some extra time on this one. And I was serious, feel free to use that as your signature line if you like. I don't own it.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join