It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the reason I fear the God of the bible: science

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Scared to show their face? Show me a link where an atheist has his head cut off
shall we stick strictly to beheading or will any murder form do?

On October 18, 2004, Larry Hooper was murdered by his friend Arthur Shelton Why? According to Shelton, a devout Christian and an Eagle Scout, Hooper was an atheist and thus the "devil himself." Shelton seems to have believed that, as a Christian and follower of God, he had an obligation to kill Larry Hooper and remove his evil, atheistic influence from this planet.
atheism.about.com...

a scientist, got into an argument with Alexander York, an ignorant ass, while on a backpacking trip in Australia. Boa was arguing for evolution, while York was arguing for idiocy. Later, under the influence of alcohol, York attacked, stabbed, and killed Boa.
scienceblogs.com...

Just show me a link where someone lost their job due to their NON-belief.
how about denied premotion?

He also said he missed out on promotions because he is an atheist.

"I was told because I can't put my personal beliefs aside and pray with troops I wouldn't make a good leader," Hall said

His sudden lack of faith, he said, cost him his military career and put his life at risk. Hall said his life was threatened by other troops and the military assigned a full-time bodyguard to protect him out of fear for his safety.
www.cnn.com...

A community college instructor in Red Oak claims he was fired after he told his students that the biblical story of Adam and Eve should not be literally interpreted.

Steve Bitterman, 60, said officials at Southwestern Community College sided with a handful of students who threatened legal action over his remarks in a western civilization class Tuesday. He said he was fired Thursday.

"I'm just a little bit shocked myself that a college in good standing would back up students who insist that people who have been through college and have a master's degree, a couple actually, have to teach that there were such things as talking snakes or lose their job," Bitterman said.

+

Bitterman, who taught part time at Southwestern and Omaha's Metropolitan Community College, said he uses the Old Testament in his western civilization course and always teaches it from an academic standpoint.

Bitterman's Tuesday course was telecast to students in Osceola over the Iowa Communications Network. A few students in the Osceola classroom, he said, thought the lesson was "denigrating their religion."

+

"I put the Hebrew religion on the same plane as any other religion. Their god wasn't given any more credibility than any other god," Bitterman said. "I told them it was an extremely meaningful story, but you had to see it in a poetic, metaphoric or symbolic sense, that if you took it literally, that you were going to miss a whole lot of meaning there."

+

Hector Avalos, an atheist religion professor at Iowa State University, said Bitterman's free-speech rights were violated if he was fired simply because he took an academic approach to a Bible story.

"I don't know the circumstances, but if he's teaching something about the Bible and says it is a myth, he shouldn't be fired for that because most academic scholars do believe this is a myth, the story of Adam and Eve," Avalos said.

"So it'd be no different than saying the world was not created in six days in science class.

"You don't fire professors for giving you a scientific answer."
www.atheistnation.net.../article,00111

shall we see if i can get a job at the creationist museum?

Job Openings:
Sorry, no job openings are currently available

All job applicants need to supply a written statement of their testimony, a statement of what they believe regarding creation and a statement that they have read and can support the AiG statement of faith.
bearing in mind this also applied to a grounds keeper position thye were advertising

The scientific aspects of creation are important, but are secondary in importance to the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Godhead is triune: one God, three Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual’s repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Savior, Lord and God.

No apparent, perceived, or claimed interpretation of evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record.
www.answersingenesis.org...

so i have to agree that jesus is real and the only saviour and have to deny any sceintific findings thats dont agree with the scripture to work there ...... which as you say is illegal

www.ctv.ca... and heres another example

www.kfor.com... threats made to thier lively hoods, pets and children for bieng unbelievers

However, in many parts of the world, Christian missionaries, even in this present day, are persecuted for their beliefs.
by other faiths and personality cult lead communism and other christain flavours

and shall we look at how they do it? when they refuse to heal the sick until they convert, when the tsunami hit at christmas american missionaries went over and refused to help the locals unless they built a christian church

.....any wonder they are unwelcomed

They go into areas where they know the people are hostile towards their faith, but they are not afraid to SHOW THEIR FACE.
why do you think were here so people reaslie its ok to be honest about it and open, even if they may be ostracised by thier family which often happens they can at least know they arnt alone

that even if thier family turns thier back on them(happens often) there are others out there that have had the same experience

why do you think athiesm is on the increase all across the world? why do you think the first openly athiestic senator has been able to stop pretending he believies in a god and can be honest about it?

If you believe in something you must be willing to fight for it. So, is this how you fight? Behind a computer screen? If you are so proud to be an atheist why don't you form a rally at the local park? Try to start signing some people up that way. Show your face.
who says i dont already?

ive put my words my money and myself out there for the cause

nj is published putting his words out there for all to see

do you think we sit at home on a computer but stay quiet about it in real life? sorry your mistaken ...again

i left out about the US soldier that when his squad member began hugging the ground and screaming for god to help him dragged him to his feet and screamed into his face "your fu#$#$%ing gods not gonna help you here so act like a trooper and save your own ass and start fighting"

the next day he was found dead mysteriously he had recieved 3 rounds of friendly fire to the head from 10 feet away from an M16 while out on patrol

the incident was swept under the rug so the actual motivation for it can not be fully assertained and no one was charged for the incident

still wan tto make the claim that no athiests have been killed or sacked for bieng athiests?

even hitler had them beaten and killed as they opposed god

[edit on 12/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Spirit or soul ..........that person inside that body ..that is not completely connected to the physical realm of that body .....it is connected but not as we may think ..even Scientists cannot come up with anything even similar to it ..
They can clone but that cannot give it a soul .........

And all of that was an assumption because there's not one shred of evidence to suggest we even have a soul.
Try again.
Do not pass Go.
Do not collect $200.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

All those scriptures you quote, which tells us what will happen to the unrepentent, sadly, they mean nothing to you. But one day, because you CAN hear and see and read, you will have to answer for your unrepentence.
you talk sooo much crap some times

God will judge by the heart.
not what the bible says, faith alone and belief in jesus

There are people in remote villages that missionaries find already KNEW there was a Savior, they just didn't know what name to call Him.
lmao yeah of course they did

and the knew so much that they were coerced and blackmailed into loving jesus so they got medical aid and food aid and water supplies

and not only that but the misionaries only did 1/2 a job which is why in subsaharan africa in 1 country alone an estimated 6 children a day are branded witches and tortured or killed by the new converts that becasme christain priests

got case studies to back your claims?

You continue to "go you on" about God's judgements, but they are judgements you will have brought upon yourself.
how would you know? i might be one of thsoie god made specifically so he could send to hell

not judged by my actions but judged for his ...truley a loving god

try reading all your bible not just the nice bits

The people who don't really know what to believe, but they are good people,
then why even bother beleiving any old nonsense and just be good for the sake of bieng good not becasue a big beard in the sky demands it on pain of punishment, but then demands you go be bad in his name too

they just don't happen to devote their time to trying to sway others to eternal damnation
thier is no eternal damnation

theres an old story book with no proof its anything other then a colection of stories borrowed from older cultuers and you claim its real and exact then ignor all the innacuracies and contradictions in it

you claim hell wasnt made for people and they get a choice, but the book clearly shows god and jesus made it so people would have no choice but to go there

you claim jesus wants to save all but the book shows he clearly condems many and stops them from believing

you claim the religeon is loving and tollerant when it calls for those of other religeons to be shunned or killed and thier temples torn down

I don't know what will happen there, I do believe that God in His infinite mercy will judge righteously.
where was his mercy when he ordered the destruction of all the Midianites?

where was his mercy when the cauptured midanite children and women were put to death at gods orders?

where was his mercy when he drowned all living things?

where was his mercy when he killed the cattle and children of egypt instead of punishing the pharoe the guilty one?

where was his mercy when jesus condems the jews to hell?

wheres his mercy when he makes people unable to enter heaven?

wheres the mercy when he condems all crime to be punished by death?

where is the mercy when a rape victim should be killed for somthing she had no choice in?

where ws his mercy when 50 million died in a war in his name in europe?

where was the mercy for the countless hundreds of thousands that died in gods name in the crusades?

wheres his mercy when people suffer great pains and sickness and death?

wheres the mercy when the poor starve every single dam day while his rich believers carry on about thier christian buisness?

wheres his mercy when he makes people crippled for thier sins?

just where is this mercy you talk about? read your book properly and youl see why we dought he exists or has any mercy if he does

I believe there are many who will fall on their knees, in total shock and amazement at His mercy.
yes and after they fall to thier knees they finish the collapse and lay on the ground dead at his mercy just like all the rest

I'd find another hobby if I were you.
id find a merciful god if i were you

try buddism or no god at all, they seem to be the only none killing varieties available

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Some food for thought for the Hell controversy:

The Bible teaches that God did not create hell as a judgment for humanity. God created hell for the punishment of the devil and his angels and not as a place for human beings to suffer.

So he's a 'speciesist'? He's so forgiving and loving yet he still sends angels to Hell for eternity for being what he created them to be? lol... you can't answer any of my questions directly. So what if he created it for demons, that's sure as Hell (no pun intended) not what he's using it for now... Are you telling me that he's too lazy to do anything else, so he just sticks us in there? He could just as easily destroy us and be done with it. I've already pointed out the contradiction of an infinite being judging his creation...

And the devil who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever (Revelation 20:10).

Human beings, who are created in God's image, are not meant to spend eternity away from the presence of God. The place God created for them is heaven. Jesus spoke of this place that God has prepared for those who trust Him:

Well then God's doing a piss-poor job isn't he? Because all I see is the myth that billions of people are in this lake of fire as we speek. "tormented day and night forever and ever". What makes you think that any crime would fit that punishment, let alone following one's beliefs?

Hell was not created for humanity, but it is the destination for those who reject God's salvation in Jesus Christ.

The garbage bin wasn't created for you, but I can choose to throw you in there if I wish. Just because it wasn't created for you somehow gives me a magical pass?

When the laws of God are disobeyed there must be a judgment. God can still love someone but He cannot allow sin to go unpunished. This is the reason that Jesus Christ came to earth, to die for the sins of the world.

As I've said, punishment or judgment of any kind would be irrelevant when dealing with an omnipotent/omniscient being.

Just as Truthparadox, Noobfun, and Goodwolf are doing right here. This life is but a vapor in eternity, it is the time out of eternity where we are ALLOWED to choose. Who would choose hell? Well, apparently a lot of people.

I'm choosing Hell no more than you are choosing Hades... It's a myth - a fable. Would a just God judge anyone who makes decisions based on logic and reason? Based on the fact that there's no evidence of any god? Based on the fact that science is looking more and more atheist? Based on the fact that studies show that educated people are far more likely to be atheist?

What are you going to say on Judgement Day?

I believe you've asked me this question in another thread, and I gave you an answer which you didn't like. Because the truth is, I know exactly what I would say. And after any God heard what I had to say, he would know in his heart that I'm right. Failure to admit it would be admiting that he is an evil God. It's really very simple.

You refuse to acknowledge God, but as Jesus said "if you'll not acknowledge me before men I'll not acknowledge you before the Father" --- and how is that not fair?

Oh yeah, that's fair - but you left out the part about eternal torment, which isn't fair

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If you are so proud to be an atheist why don't you form a rally at the local park? Try to start signing some people up that way. Show your face.

lol.
I wrote an essay explaining all the flaws in the Noah's Ark myth... The people that saw it liked it so much that they're going to read it in front of graduating seniors (I know, strange...). And where I live is about 95% Christians
. They'll probably all pounce on me - oh well.

There actually are a lot of atheists making demonstrations though...
Personally, I choose to steer clear of that. I can convince people to use logic and reason while debating online, but a demonstration would do nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Truthparadox, a day or so ago you asked me to give you a prophecy that is infallible. While there are hundreds, I choose this for you to examine and refute, in fact I can hardly wait....

The Suffering Savior

www.raystedman.org...

Easy.
I already explained to you (in that post you refered to), that there were self fulfilled prophesies. Just as people today are acting out the part of Jesus' second coming. It was either written to match the previous scripture or it was a fraud who knew the old prophesies (which isn't saying much)...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Well I think that's great that you were diligent enough to find that 5 year old ISOLATED case, and the other one of the mentally ill person who thought it was his duty to kill the atheirst. Bravo. You'd be hard-pressed to find cases of employers discriminating based on religion. Bust as I said before, if I was an atheist, and had no moral guidelines hanging around anyway, I'd HOPE to be discriminated against at work. I could retire on the cash that's for sure. Exceptions to this of course would be churches, who would not hire an atheist, but what atheist would want to work there, so no problem there. And as far as the school pulling the atheist book good for them. I bet they don't allow Bibles either. I bet Bibles were the first books pulled. You went to a lot of effort to find the isolated incidents against discrimination of non-believers. You and I both know that in everyday life, nobody cares one iota how you believe. Do you see the pettiness and desperation in your argument here?

Having said all that, people of a certain mindset/belief system should know when they enter into it there will be opposition of some sort. Do you have a few years to read all the links I could find you about people who have been murdered and thrown in prison for believing in Christ? If you were willing, I could post a new link here everyday for you to read, for probably 3 years.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well I think that's great that you were diligent enough to find that 5 year old ISOLATED case,
maybe you should re-read the post and watch the videos

isolated is one incident not multipul
go you on not paying attention

and the other one of the mentally ill person who thought it was his duty to kill the atheirst. Bravo.
now what about the atatcks the people bieng ostracised by famailes and communities?

You'd be hard-pressed to find cases of employers discriminating based on religion. Exceptions to this of course would be churches, who would not hire an atheist,
umm how about the museum? how about the military?

is thier anything you wont ignore in the pursuit of pretending?

but what atheist would want to work there, so no problem there.
why would that effect it? grounds keepers record keeping thier are many jobs in around churches someone can do without having to believe

And as far as the school pulling the atheist book good for them.
so you support it? how about we ban religeous books? how about we ban all religeous teaching? wouldyou be just as happy?

I bet they don't allow Bibles either. I bet Bibles were the first books pulled.
great job there

"Some of our greatest authors, philosophers and scientists have been atheists. If books written by atheists are banned for not conforming to Catholic worldviews, will the school board proceed to ban books deemed pro-Muslim, pro-Buddhist, or even pro-Protestant if they are critical of Catholicism?," Trottier asked in a statement on Thursday.

"Pretty soon the only book in their library may be the Bible."

so the bibles still there it seems, maybe you should stop pretending everythings the bible so you dont have to read the bits you dont want

You went to a lot of effort to find the isolated incidents against discrimination of non-believers.
if only it were isolated, go hang around american athiest forum boards and ask people what abuse attacks and threats they have recieved for bieng un believers?

you wont though youd rather gloss it over like everything else and stay in your little bubble

You and I both know that in everyday life, nobody cares one iota how you believe.
you and i both know this is tosh

go and ask and see just how much it does effect thier everyday lives

Do you see the pettiness and desperation in your argument here?
your yes you have to ignore and skim over to fit your faith

i can hit everything head on and not have to pretend about anything

Having said all that, people of a certain mindset/belief system should know when they enter into it there will be opposition of some sort.
ahh they were asking to be sacked?threatened? attacked?killed? their children bullied? forced to move towns?

they asked for all that? how very loving of you

do women ask to be raped for bieng in the mind set of wearing short skirts?

Do you have a few years to read all the links I could find you about people who have been murdered and thrown in prison for believing in Christ?
sure got any that it happened becasue oif athiesm? or is it the usualy personality cult made out to be athiesm?

gonna send me the ones that show the christain christain sectariian violence too?

If you were willing, I could post a new link here everyday for you to read, for probably 3 years.
im a fast reader gimme your best and ill get back to you tommorrow

remeber its atheism V christainity not just any old twaddle were talking here

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Is English your first or second language?

BTW I will answer your posts as soon as I can, have other things to do once in awhile.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

ooo would that be an ad hominim?

if the best you have is to question my not caring for grammer or correct spelling in an informal messenger board theres little hope for the rest of your arguments

maybe you can send over a few of those links to read while i wait?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

There's that anger again, we have to address that anger. I don't believe in Bigfoot, but it does not make me angry. Muslims say I have it all mixed up, but it doesn't make me angry. Where is the anger coming from?

I was curious as to your country of origin, does that make me a bad person?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by Bombeni

ooo would that be an ad hominim?

if the best you have is to question my not caring for grammer or correct spelling in an informal messenger board theres little hope for the rest of your arguments

maybe you can send over a few of those links to read while i wait?

Oh, and what links? The thousands of links about Christian martyrs?

How many do you want? Here you see how many there are to choose from, we could turn the search words around backwards and come up with a few hundred thousand more if you run out.

Results 31 - 40 of about 872,000 for Christian martyrs.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
Easy.
I already explained to you (in that post you refered to), that there were self fulfilled prophesies. Just as people today are acting out the part of Jesus' second coming. It was either written to match the previous scripture or it was a fraud who knew the old prophesies (which isn't saying much)...

The only reason why they appear to be self fulfilled prophecy is for the purposes of deception ...that way those who are believers and do not know their bibles will be deceived when the man of sin (ANTICHRIST) comes they will think he is Christ ...that is the only reason why that is happening right now ..
satan trying to decieve the believers ...seems to be working pretty well ..at least with the Dominionists ..and alot of the Church goers ...most all of they are in the dark on alot of what prophecy says and most churchs do not even teach prophecy so they will be pretty much in the dark ..which is why I tell everyone to READ THAT BIBLE so you will know what to expect and what are the signs of his coming and what are the signs of the latter days etc ..and the Antichrist is not even allowed to be discussed most of the time in Churches ...I was on TWO christian message boards where it is not allowed at all ...So if they do not know what deceptions are coming how will they know what that the Antichrist is not the real second coming of Christ ..

My best friend is a church goer big time ...she would tell me she does not need to hear or read anything about the Antichrist ...(in the bible) she would say what do I need to know that for ...I would tell her ...how do you know what is happening when it is happening if your not aware of whats supposed to happen ...there are more scriptures about the end times than there are about almost any other subject ....so she prefers to just skip those places .
I told her so when some guy comes along and says he is Christ ...doing miracles etc ...I guess your gonna think he is Christ coming again eh >>
She said yes because it will be Christ coming ..I said ,..the bible says he is not coming yet ...that someone else is going to come and do miracles etc and try to make everyone think he is Christ and will FOOL THE MASSES and make them think the tribulation is over and this is Christs second coming ..
And if you dont know the events that are supposed to happen according to the bible YOU WONT KNOW THAT >......

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

hahha no anger just a little mocking

to be honest theres more evidence for bigfoot then god

i dont mind send em all and remember its chirstians killed in the name of atheism

no personality cult nonsense, and i will be cross checking them for accuracy

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by Bombeni

hahha no anger just a little mocking

to be honest theres more evidence for bigfoot then god

i dont mind send em all and remember its chirstians killed in the name of atheism

no personality cult nonsense, and i will be cross checking them for accuracy

But why would you mock me if that is what it is? You were complaining that atheists are mistreated, so why would you want to mistreat someone else for their beliefs?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone:

Hi there

Just want to say a very good post.

Hope you have a blessed Christmas,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I made a mistake, I know I said thousands but there are millions. If you want to read about Christian martyrs just google a combination of any of these words: Christian plus martyr/persecution/murder/prison etc.

Here's only ONE link with dozens of accounts:

www.persecution.com...

Now don't break your keyboard rushing over there to start your indepth study noobfun.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I made a mistake, I know I said thousands but there are millions. If you want to read about Christian martyrs just google a combination of any of these words: Christian plus martyr/persecution/murder/prison etc.

Here's only ONE link with dozens of accounts:

and not a single one casued by athiesm not a single one casued by not believing in a god

next set?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Truthparadox, a day or so ago you asked me to give you a prophecy that is infallible. While there are hundreds, I choose this for you to examine and refute, in fact I can hardly wait....

The Suffering Savior

www.raystedman.org...

Easy.

Truthparadox, try again. WHY on earth would the people involved in the birth, life and death of Christ read that Psalm of David and decide "hmm, I think David wrote this as a future scenario in which the Messiah would be born, let's all get together and work this out for the next hundred years."

In the first place, people of that time didn't even realize that Psalm was or at least would in the future, match up with the birth and death of Jesus/Messiah. In the second place, do you think these people willingly trumped up a phony scenario they would have to stick with for the rest of their lives just to face condemnation, humiliation, death, and persecution with every step? What was in it for them? The Sanhedrin was adamantly against them, the common people DID think they were phonies, again, what was in it for the people who as you say managed to enact this Psalm/Prophecy which took an entire generation?

I know you know better than that.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
Simplynoone:

Hi there

Just want to say a very good post.

Hope you have a blessed Christmas,
Grandma

Thanks Grandma ....I gave you a star on another post I thought you did an awesome job of explaining somethings too ....hey who knows maybe no one is listening but other believers ..and you never know what they may learn from the debates etc ....

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I love that scripture because I sure do get corrected alot ... so much so that it helps me LEARN THE WORD even better ...debate is good ...as long as it is done for edification purposes ....I think it is pretty cool the Athiests are quoting scripture which makes us all have to get back into that word in order to have an answer ..(it is helping us all learn it better ) ..makes me PRAISE GOD even more ....we need to be ready with an answer according to the word...and yall are doing great ...even if Noob is too hardheaded to even see it ...so it rolls right off him ...but you never know who is listening and does want to know it ....for sure Noob and them do have some questions that we will never be able to answer ....but hey we are giving it our best shot anyway ...WELL DONE YALL ....(just wanted you to know that it wont all be in vain ) .....................

1Cr 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join