It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

self hypnosis and psycho physiologic effects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
For a while now, I've been rather curious as to how powerful the mind really is. Granted there's mounds of conflicting studies and research to say that it is capable of curing cancer and that its not capable of anything more than thought. but then when you look up psycho physiologic effects of hypnosis you get mixed stories, occasionally you'll run across the stories of a person in a trance or under hypnosis being cut and not bleeding, being pierced but feeling no pain, being burned by an ice cube, cut with wooden spoon, things like that so here's the question i pose to all of you.

what are the limitations of hypnotic suggestion. there's proof that you can convince the mind to do amazing things to the body so, what do you honestly think you could achieve with the right stimulation and suggestion, change your eye color? change your physical appearance and body, "super-learning?" could you open up the chakras and the third eye, give someone or yourself through self hypnosis the ability to see objects in other rooms, playing cards, know things about people, make them psychic?

what do you think the possibilities are?

granted there's a risk that if you do self hypnosis, you could cause irreparable harm to your mind. but right now this is just hypothetical

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ive always wanted to do something like self hypnosis but dont really have any idea how to do so

but ye i do believe that the most powerful tool in anyones arsonal is their mind we just have to know how to use it

im not sure wether i m right here either but Edgar Cayce onem of the greatest prophets of our history the way that he got his predictions was he put himself into a self hypnotic trance and he mainly diagnosed people with illneses that turned out to be correct to everyones surprise

actually saved himself by diagnosing himself with a throat disease that he had but medical science wasnt up to the stages that its at now so they couldnt have done it but he got the nickname the "Sleeoping Prophet" ill definitely have to research this a bit more later on

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You may be interested in binaural beats, which is akin to hypnosis, but not exactly. There could be potential risks, illustrated in the thread linked below, but something that would appear to be very rare. So do some research and make an informed choice.

I've used them myself for meditation and chakra work very effectively. Other claims are made, but I can't vouch for them.

Lucid dreaming may also be of interest.

Here is the thread where someone seemed to experience some difficulties after using binaural beats.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

join