It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sculpture behind Pope Depicting the Holy Land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Why would the Pope choose this scupture to sit behind when announcing he wants to visit the Holy Land next Year. I saw this news article yesterday,
News Article

When looking through the Pictures I saw this Picture where the pope gave his announcement.
Sculpture Picture

I was curious what the scupture represents and found this thread
description

Its suppost to be Christ coming out of a crater left by a nuclear bomb in the mount of olives.

Was this a Hidden message?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

the pope mobile is locked and loaded with nukes ..... run Israelies run!!!!

chance are its just the building they were in its the most dramatic back drop

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Paranoia?

That statue has beenaround since 1987 and is where ALL major announcements are made. RELAX.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow ! thanks for bringing this to my attention. Great Find !

It seems the the higher up the ladder you travel in the ranks of any "religion" things get so creepy, demented,and evil.
It brings one wonder why so many are drawn to such weirdness and why it is accepted as The path to peace, love, and spiritual enlightenment.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Does it really matter how long it's been around ?
The point is it's over-all effect is exceedingly evil.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

That is one creepy looking sculpture! It's not shocking to me where it is.

To me, it looks like some kind of "god" coming out of the flames???? Hmmmmmm. I'm sure it has a symbolic meaning behind it.

Great find!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I really don't think there is anything insidious about it and I doubt there is some sort of intentional hidden message or importance.

Anyways, the following is a clearer image of the sculpture (found in the link that leads to a forum discussion). It's a little bit better than the news article links to but I still have to say it's not very eye-pleasing. It comes across as very dark and disturbing. I don't care for it personally but it's just art:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another raving paranoid, looking for hidden meanings in his morning cereal.

He can't possibly see anything as it actually is, instead he has to Google for the "real" meaning as divined by mystical paranoids like himself.

Too bad he couldn't think of quering the Vatican, and asking for the meaning of that sculpture. But that would be just too simple. Instead, he turns to those that hate the Vatican and takes on their meaning.

Just another raving lunatic.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I rather like the statue. It's interesting and vibrant (to my eye) and would probably be somewhat awe-inspiring if I were Christian and standing in front of it. It's Jesus and the resurrected souls.

I would love to go see it and stand in front of it. I bet there's a real "wow!" factor when you're close.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
First there was no intent of being paranoid when writing this thread. The link I gave was one of many that gave the description of what this sculpture symbolized. Here is another description from NY Times with the same meaning.

NY Times

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wow I have no idea what it means, but it is well made, whoever created it did a good job, but it's very strange, what does it mean? what's the story, is it jesus?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Click on the NY Times link above. It gives a description of the artist and what inspired him to make this sculpture.

NY Times

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Thanks for that, his art has a unique style to it, a lot seem to have a strange natural feel to it like a tree or roots.
images.google.co.uk...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In a way, I would take it as a threat if I was from the jewish nation. Similar to Iran talking about the destruction of Israel and being wiped off the map, here the catholic church depicts a sculpture of Israel being wiped off the map with a nuclear bomb and the christian savior will bring peace out of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
here the catholic church depicts a sculpture of Israel being wiped off the map with a nuclear bomb and the christian savior will bring peace out of it.

Sorry I dont see that at all.

I think it does have a wow factor to it.

I'm sorry but I think anybody can attach an Evil impression to just about anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This view is coming from the artist himself when creating the sculpture. Read the full article from NY Times.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry for the one liner . . . but that is a very weird sculpture

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You can see some better photos of this sculpture here. It's pretty crazy. That's for sure.

www.relatividad.es...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I found another interesting close up picture of the face. Again, another description of the artist view of what the sculptured symbolizes. Peace arising from the destruction of israel.

Read Tuesday March 25th, 2008

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
Why would the Pope choose this scupture to sit behind when announcing he wants to visit the Holy Land next Year.

It's in the Audience Hall which, as the name suggests, is where the pope holds his weekly audiences (especially in the summertime) when the weather is too extreme for St Peter's square.

I've been to three audiences here and it is a very striking statue but when the pope comes out no-one really looks at it but at the little man in white contrasted against the dark bronze.

Here's an "in context" picture I took last year from the back of the audience hall:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join