It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai attack: 'British men among terrorists'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Mumbai attack: 'British men among terrorists'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Vilasrao Deshmukh, the chief minister of Mumbai, was reported to have said that two British-born Pakistanis were among eight gunmen seized by Indian commandos who stormed buildings to free hostages.

The Foreign Office said it was investigating reports on NDTV, a local television news channel, that the terrorists – who swarmed into luxury hotels and other tourist sites in the city – included "British citizens of Pakistani origin".

"Obviously when you have terrorists operating in one country, they may be getting support from another country or coming from another country, and it is very important that we strengthen the co-operation between India and Britain in dealing with these instances of terrorist attacks," he told Sky News
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.dailymail .co.uk
www.google.com
www.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Evidence that Mumbai attacks were anglo-american operatives
Weapons, fake credits cards/passports, and other tools of terror found at the Finsbury Park mosque
India Under Terror Attack (main thread)
TERRORISM: Abu Hamza Found Guilty of Incitement to Murder

[edit on 28-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well it is well known that in the UK, We have a long and proud history of freedom of speech, and for generations welcomed a very diverse cultural mix in our population, often being a safe haven for those persecuted by oppressive regimes around the world.

However this attitude has also left some concerned that it is being taken advantage of with events in the past like Finsbury Park Mosque and Abu Hamza. (Abu Hamza al-Masri) allowing the radicalization of the Muslim youth, against Britain on our own streets.

It seems strange that Britain has some of the most oppressive state laws in the world, with our bins being micro chipped and CCTV everywhere, yet we have this dichotomos attitude to liberty as well.

This will further radicalise the growing Nationalistic feelings, in the UK which is gaining ground, with parties such as the BNP gaining strength, especially with the current economic crisis facing us all. There are some who view the immigrant population as just using the generous Benefit system in the UK to create enclaves of the immigrant populations whilst not providing much back.

This has been shown though in recent reports to maybe be false, as the net gain in the economy is said to be more than spent by the government in any support of those populations.

What is of real concern is that these Terrorists seem to have been born within the UK itself, and further strengthens my point above of the enclaving and inward looking immigrant populations, where even if born here obviously those families and communities have not fully integrated into or accepted Britain as their home.

I think any idea of government or MKultra type involvement in this particular case is a step too far, the reasons are plain to anyone who knows this situation in the UK there is no conspiracy, except within the communities who live here and yet hate this country too, valid as they may be in disliking the UK and USA involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan this is not acceptable.

Elf

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-11-2008 by MischeviousElf] Spelling correct Name Abu

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The Uk daily express is now running the story too in Breaking:

MUMBAI TERRORISTS WERE 'BRITISH CITIZENS OF PAKISTANI ORIGIN' Indian news channel NDTV said two suspected Islamic militants arrested by commandos were “British citizens of Pakistani origin”.

The Daily Express

The original Claim can be found from NDTV here:

Some of the attackers are suspected to be British citizens of Pakistan origin.

NDTV

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A European Member of Parliment who was in Mumbai has now stated she has been told this too:

German MEP caught up in the attacks said she had heard that British nationals were among the terrorists, as reports of the death toll hit 143, including eight foreign nationals.

Erika Mann was part of a trade delegation of MEPs from Brussels staying at the Taj Hotel.

She added: "The attacks appear to have a European dimension. We have heard from journalists and other people we were with that English citizens took part in the attacks and were killed in the hotel.

The Independant

Also:

The british foreign office is now investigating breaking AP:

LONDON (AP) — The British government is investigating whether some of the attackers in the deadly India shootings could be British citizens with links to Pakistan or the disputed territory of Kashmir, officials said Friday.

AP

So it seems certainly that radicalised British Nationals were involved in this.

Gutted and sad,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The BBC are now confirming that investigations are underway into the British Radicalised Terrorists arrested in Mumbai:

UK officials have confirmed they are investigating reports of Britons being among those who carried out the attacks in Mumbai.

BBC

And also: evidence of this radicalisation can be found here:

Almost every Briton suspected of involvement in terrorist activity since 9/11 has received instruction in weapons handling and bomb-making, or given orders on which targets to hit, from experts linked to Kashmiri separatists or al-Qaeda.

In most cases they make the journey after being radicalised by preachers in British mosques, who tell them that Islam is under attack around the world and that they cannot stand by idly or simply raise money for the cause.

Some claim they only wanted to fight against the enemy in Kashmir or Afghanistan, or to learn how to defend fellow Muslims in other warzones such as Bosnia or Chechnya.

All too often, however, they have gone on to plot atrocities back in England or to attack Westerners and tourists in other foreign countries.

Tlegraph- well trodden Path from England to Terror Training Camps

I really dont buy the Al Qaeda story, though I know there is organised Jihadist organisations, it appears to be more of a loose co-operative with grass roots planning AND SUPPORT FOR EVENTS.

There is IMHO no conspiracy here from government etc unlike the Tube events and 9/11, the only conspiracy is the discussions taking place in many homes and certain mosques around the UK every day.

Unlike the tube incident where the Bombers seemed to expext to go back to the car and the explosions coming from under the trains, and the ridiculous claims of the flying ability of 9/11, these guys went in with intent pulling triggers on gun's, they obviously were not patsies or prepared to fight to the death like most real Jihadist's.

This is the same as the Glasgow Car attack on the airport.
Sad but true.

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why is this thread not getting any play? This is big stuff. I thought it was odd when the media immediately started throwing out there that they were targeting Americans and Britons. Well hmm that's odd. I dont like the smell of this at all. These guys were armed to the hilt and was well coordinated. This smells.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

what can we do about it? These wars are set up by some group and then laws are changed. Wars start somewhere else and then the same stuff happens again and again.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

What we can do about it is stop micro chipping everyone's bin's and criminalizing everyone for things such as hanging around suspiciously, as the new CCTV system does, stop CCTV in lollipop persons Lollipops!

And take the Power for all council/government workers to see all of your medical and government records, and phone records, with no warrant, just by tapping into a computer...

And then stop the police Taking food & take away's to sick criminal's who have mugged people who have just escaped to roofs to avoid being arrested, so we dont break their EU human right's,

And certainly stop allowing a very small part of the Muslim population of this country to have loud hailer's in the streets inciting young British People to Murder other people and screaming about the glories of Jihad and mass destruction!, whilst many police are paid for full shifts to stand on the same streets to "protect" their freedom to say such things and stand by idly watching!

Elf

[edit on 28-11-2008 by MischeviousElf] to add:

Minority report In Britain NEW CCTV Watches for Crimes BEFORE they Exist

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Any more, none of this type of stuff surprises me. It seems to be a recurrent theme, "faux attacks", orchestrated by alphabet orgs, as catalysts to create "enemies" and perpetuate the endless fear and subsequent conflicts to keep feeding the war-profiteering machine.

Watch as the media shifts into overdrive with their puppet strings being manipulated by the M.I.C...

They will soon have their upcoming new meatgrinding profiteering ventures churning out. It's been being planned for ages, just like all the previous ones...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What saddens me most is that the citizens of the UK will bear the burden of guilt for which their leaders are responsible.

As an American, I am familiar with the paradigm.

But let us not forget, that were it not for an attentive few, this kind of news would be 'dealt with' by the media machinery and defused in the more pliable mentality of the masses (I hate that word "masses' - so impersonal).

My hopes is that those not embedded within the established system of control, can maintain vigilant for those unable, or unwilling to accept that nearly all of our global conflicts are engineered.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Can't say that I am surprised that some British Muslims are terrorists. No offense, but you guys in the UK have allowed some pretty bad Muslim leaders to stay there and preach their hatred without doing much to keep track of what was going on in the Mosques these leaders have. The West in general needs to keep tabs on those who would destroy us from our midst, using our own freedoms against us.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I still think it seems more likely that these kinds of terrorist events require 'coordination' that belies their proposed 'cellular' existence. Such activities seem always to have an element of sophistication that include the 'assistance' of 'other' intelligence services.

But perhaps I am implying too much.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Can't say that I am surprised that some British Muslims are terrorists. No offense, but you guys in the UK have allowed some pretty bad Muslim leaders to stay there and preach their hatred without doing much to keep track of what was going on in the Mosques these leaders have. The West in general needs to keep tabs on those who would destroy us from our midst, using our own freedoms against us.

To be honest, it's not just a Muslim thing in the UK. The country is in quite a dark place all around right now, and I have a feeling that it is only going to get worse before it starts to get any better.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A video link here:

ITN news has reported it

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Well it is well known that in the UK, We have a long and proud history of freedom of speech

Except of course when you passed a law banning the Irish nationalists from giving their opinions in the news media.

We can all learn a lot from this. The British are soft, and have welcomed radical Islam into their homes, believing that love and tolerance will conquer all.

Well now we can all see how well that works, let's just make sure the British don't export their "success" to the US.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
bbc news 24 are saying they cant find anything that says there was a british guy/guys...supposedly someone heard wrong and it spread quickly...who knows..

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why are people making a connection between Britain and Pakistani men who have British citizenship. They are not British, from Britain, or anything else that you could associate to someone from Britain. Obviously they are disgusting and dumb individuals who have been lead by there own stupidity for the cause of Islam. No true citizen would ever be found among men like them. A true British citizen respects the rights of the people of England and the laws of England. So tell me where the hell does it say that a British citizen can go to another sovereign nation and kill innocent people! Citizenship is a state of mind that requires respect to its codes at all times. You are not a citizen if you do not respect the codes of the nation. And I will not look at these men as individuals, they believe that they are part of some greater cause why else would they go from freedom of choice to a suicidal killing spree. Their action is something that happens to a lot of Arab men making the transition into the western world. The transition usually makes them feel alone and disillusioned about life. They are the easiest targets for the virus that is Islam.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
Why are people making a connection between Britain and Pakistani men who have British citizenship. They are not British, from Britain, or anything else that you could associate to someone from Britain.

I'm afraid if they were born in Britain, then yes, they are British citizens.

The rest of your subjective rant is moot. These are your opinions on what citizenship should entail, and have no basis in consensus reality.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Implosion

Straight from the non-subjective dictionary:

2 a: a member of a state b: a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from it

2 a: membership in a community (as a college) b: the quality of an individual's response to membership in a community

There is more to citizenship than birth, it doesn't take much to figure that out.

As for the part on young Arab men making a transition into western society, especially in England, that was from an expert (a muslim) on the psychological profile of terrorists.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
There is more to citizenship than birth, it doesn't take much to figure that out.

No, there isn't.

I am a British citizen. My beliefs have never been questioned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join