It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spitefulgod rant's at unrelated article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Brits decline to 'think outside the box'

www.theregister.co.uk

A spokesman for Ramada Encore hotels, which commissioned the survey, said: "It's bad enough when people at work talk about 'blue-sky thinking' and 'singing from the same hymn sheet', but now we're starting to use these clichéd phrases at home."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Feel free to delete this post mods, my misunderstanding.

[edit on 28/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well I know as a fact anyway, I don't know if it's just that we're an experiment for the rest of the world or what. But people in Britain don't want to know, they just want to work, go home and have a quite life oblivious to what is going on around them.

I myself, as with many on here put this down to accelerated secret projects to dumb up down and psychologically manufacture a subset of people who will basically shut up and get on with whatever task the overlords wish us to perform.
It really pisses me off that the whole world is falling to sh*t and yet the majority don't care or don't even want to entertain the fact that there is a problem.

Why are we still using the internal combustion engine? Why do we run agricultural and industrial policies that poison us and the environment around us? Why are the morals installed by thousands of generations suddenly being destroyed by the last 2 or 3 generations? Why have we created a system that is almost impossible to escape from and be “human”???

What a crap country and what a crap world, I for one welcome the NWO depopulation scenario it may be the last hope to be "free".

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
what the hell are you on about?
You seem to have taken the phrase "Brits dont want to think outside the box" and run with it, without taking the time to read the article.

Its actually talking about how Brits dont like jargon that is often used at work. The term...."thinking outside the box" was the most hated.

I hate number 3 on that list..."at the end of the day" btw, thats one of my personal hated sayings.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yeah whatever you say. So an internet article blah blahs on about how people dont like certain cliched catchphrases you want the citizens of my country wiped out. Wake up fool and get a life

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Yeah you're right, I'll STFU me thinks, I just wanted a rant

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I used to have a Word document which was always good for referring to when new and meaningless phrases were needed. It consisted of 3 columns of random quasi technical and corporate-speak words. All you had to do was take a word from each column, at random, to make 3 word phrases that you could drop into sentences to make you sound clever.

It was all completely meaningless but then so are a lot of the corporate-speak phrases we tend to see these days.

We also used to play "B******t Bingo" a lot on long conference calls with the US offices. We'd each have a list of about a dozen corporate buzz-words and tick them off when they were used. What fun we used to have!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I completely agree. I cringe when I hear the business jargon which include "thinking outside of the box", "action plans", "lessons have been learnt", "proactive", "team player" and all the other crap that comes with the modern slaves.

The idea of a "dog eat dog" world is just as irritating. What a terrible phrase, excusing trampling over a fellow human being to obtain your own selfish needs.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, if nothing else, this thread has made me smile.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
:-).

It was funny though. In a nice way. Plus the article was good. So don't STFU at all. I feel bad now for even pointing it out. I like the change to your title :-)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I personally cannot stand, "You know what I mean?"

:bnghd::bnghd:

Of course I don't know what you mean; otherwise what the hell point is it for you to be telling me what you mean...AARRGGGGHHH!!!

And the worst offenders are the yahoos who sprinkle the expression after every single sentence!!!

[/rant]

Whew...much better now...

top topics

join