It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious caterpiller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I had a strange experience regarding a caterpillar, months after it had happened I had found out that few colleges of mine had a similar experience but reacted differently.I was wonder if there was anyone else that has had such an experience.

I was at the favorite coffee shop, sitting outside. It was a bright sunny spring day out of no where it came to the attention of me that there was strange caterpillar on my torso, on my sweater. it was not an ordinary caterpillar.

it was was almost an wide, and at least another 6 inch's long, at looked to be deadly with plenty of black spines and nearly encompassed all the colors of the rainbow. now for being in the inner city of north of the 49 parallel of drought grasslands there was no way this species was native to the region. it should be in the rain forests of south america.
A hypothesis that was created is that, it could have came in the imports of the coffee beans that get roasted at the cafe and with chance it finally made it's way on to me.
But either way I still took it in as a mystical message of the ones most ancient. and put it into a tree, where it belonged.

Now symbolically the caterpillar represents metamorphoses that is always interchanging from life to death. A transformation taking place becoming a butterfly.
now if one where to make a map of every galaxy of the universe (yes this has been done) it would create two thin layers of matter between them being empty voids. the image that this creates looks to be wings of a butterfly.
putting a whole new meaning the butterfly effect and the very foundations of what created everything.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hey, brother, I'm-a-thinkin' that what you put into it, you got out of it. There is a strong possibility that you attracted this symbol to you to teach you..something and that you are (justifiably) a lil confused about it.

Why did you do that to you?

I have to love the hell out of the fact that you brought this freaky thang to you and unlike many, have taken the time to actually think about the cosmological implications of its' presence.

Too few would have done so and I also find it particularly telling that you attracted something so unusual that it took you out of your norm and made you STOP.

Soooooo...stop...pause.

What is it that you so want it to mean?

You have talked about what it looked like, but didn't really go into what it MEANT to you- are you on the precipice of significance? Is there a transformative event you needed to be reminded of?

It was very impactful for you, but you fail to mention WHY.

So......

Why?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by leaderof theTFHbrigade]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's not necessarily a message that I want.
I tend to stay away from wanting things.
I very much prefer to be silent and still, allowing my sub conciseness mind to manifest my needs without the need to make extroverting intentions.
the message that it served was very simple, and was brought be me through the light of my own being. I had reached a state of mind that was recognized by the oldest of the old.(The only proof of such beings is the creation of the universe itself.) as the alinment of self entires a ever higher place of existence, psychic barriers melt away allowing the sub conciseness to fly, bringing my existence into the 5th dimension. By taking such a leap in consciousness, the metamorphoses of my understanding multiplied beyond what can be understood because the limits no longer exist.
The transformation for the 4th dimension to the 5th took time and was not an easy task for my sanity. Peeling of barriers leaves one open and unprotected from ever increasing negativity this world has. But when it is reached the answer becomes undeniably true.
The symbol became the realization of the point of no return.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Giant Caterpillars (about 5 to 6 inches) are pretty common.

Google image search "giant caterpillars."

[edit on 28-11-2008 by DooRight]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It's funny - I just looked over at the new topics just to see if there was anything that interested or pertained to me in some way. I just changed my avatar to the smoking caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland, and I've honestly never seen anything about a caterpillar on ATS. So in a way, your experience has become a little synchronicity for me as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Grumble.

Grumble.

Giant Caterpillar.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by DooRight]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Ugh, sorry, but I have something of a catapiller phobia.

It's bad enough that they get all over my garden plants. I actually had a big black one like you describe come into my house. Swear to god, I almost threw up on the guy.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just wondering how this turned out?

Did Giant Caterpillars (about 4 to 5 inches) invade and eat your Mom, or pretty much life as normal?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalDreamersoahcof
I had a strange experience regarding a caterpillar, months after it had happened I had found out that few colleges of mine had a similar experience but reacted differently.I was wonder if there was anyone else that has had such an experience.

I was at the favorite coffee shop, sitting outside. It was a bright sunny spring day out of no where it came to the attention of me that there was strange caterpillar on my torso, on my sweater. it was not an ordinary caterpillar.

it was was almost an wide, and at least another 6 inch's long, at looked to be deadly with plenty of black spines and nearly encompassed all the colors of the rainbow. now for being in the inner city of north of the 49 parallel of drought grasslands there was no way this species was native to the region. it should be in the rain forests of south america.
A hypothesis that was created is that, it could have came in the imports of the coffee beans that get roasted at the cafe and with chance it finally made it's way on to me.
But either way I still took it in as a mystical message of the ones most ancient. and put it into a tree, where it belonged.

How quaint.

Now symbolically the caterpillar represents metamorphoses that is always interchanging from life to death. A transformation taking place becoming a butterfly.
now if one where to make a map of every galaxy of the universe (yes this has been done) it would create two thin layers of matter between them being empty voids. the image that this creates looks to be wings of a butterfly.

Uh, what? Can you please explain what exactly "two thin layers of matter" is, and how they relate to "empty voids"? I am utterly confused by your gross attempt at using basic physics terms.

putting a whole new meaning the butterfly effect and the very foundations of what created everything.

This also makes no sense whatsoever, and is in dire need of a proper explanation.

In other words, the butterfly effect has not to do with an actual butterfly, as much as it is about chaos itself. The butterfly is just one example. Your intro with the caterpillar and therefore, the butterfly, was entirely unnecessary, yet you base your entire argument on the butterfly's wings. What exactly are you trying to say?

[edit on 12/6/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This reminds me of an odd cult in early Medieval Japan dedicated to a caterpillar god known as "Tokoyo no kami." There isn't much information on English but this guy has done a scholarly report on it (unfortunately you have to pay for it):

www.jstor.org...

Below is a brief passage from the "Nihonshoki," an ancient history of Japan, on the phenomenon. This is a rather poor translation; it uses "worm" although the reality is "caterpillar" :

"A man, called Oube-no-Ohshi who lived in the region of modern Shizuoka prefecture, told his neighbors to enshrine a certain worm called Tokoyo-mushi (the eternal worm).* He told them, "This is the eternal god, the Tokoyo god. If you will worship this worm god, it will bring you riches and long life." The people listened to him, and began to worship Tokoyo-mushi. Even the priests at Shinto shrines went along with the multitude following blindly the commands of Oube. The priests even told their followers that if they enshrined the worm god, the poor would become rich, and the old would regain their strength and vitality.

Then Oube-no-Oshi, and his priestly following began to urge the people to render their possessions to Tokoyo-mushi, which they did, putting wine, food, cattle, horses, sheep, pigs, dogs, chickens, precious jewels, and other treasures side by side, along the road to the shrine they had built. The Ohshi and the priests called the people to see what great miracle had been wrought on the highway. For, lo and behold, thousands of worms could be seen crawling, crowding, and picking their way through the motley animal offerings, "Come, people, take your new treasures. Gather them up. Love them, take them to your homes . " And crowds of the people, came from far and near to see the "miracle of the worm, " they ran into the roads, into the fields, into the shallow ponds clutching handfuls of the precious cargo in their arms. They brought them to their homes, where they enshrined them. They blasphemously prayed before these creatures, sang songs, danced before them, asked from them the gifts of happiness, prosperity, and long life, and in their ecstasy, fell prostrate before the shrines. But, nothing happened. No divine favors were forthcoming. As a matter of fact, the next few years were particularly difficult ones. The people incurred tremendous losses in business. The weather was bad, the crops failed, and things generally went very badly. When Hada-no-Kawakatsu, a leader of the Hada people, learned of these pagan goings-on, he became infuriated. He sought out Oube-no-Ohshi, found him, and killed him, as well as all the priests who had upheld and practiced the "worm religion."

Source: www.keikyo.com...

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
What exactly are you trying to say?

[edit on 12/6/2008 by prototism]

Dude...

This thread is in the politics forum group.

I rest my case.

WAIT.

Now, it's not.

Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics

That worm grew some wings, didn't it?

Or... nevermind.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by DooRight]

[edit on 6-12-2008 by DooRight]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
hmm I will try to get the discussion back on track!

*humph

I do think it is possible for that to happen. Not that Quarrantine would want us to know about it, but I am quite sure, some species, other fauna and flora can get in. Wow, only this year, Australian Racehorses were threatened with an o/s influenza.. (cost Australia a lot of $$$) but no one wanted to say exactly how it happened. Organisms, bacteria, spores etc do travel with food...so that could be a logical explanation for it...

or hannibul lector lives near the coffee shop?

I just recently bought some flour and opened it and it was full of weavels.
Now they probably came from Australia, but who really knows.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
hmm I will try to get the discussion back on track!

The password is...

or hannibul lector lives near the coffee shop?

Jamie Gumm. No, sorry, it was Jamie Gumm.

Hannibal Lector, the character who first appeared in Red Dragon actually had no metamorphosis delusion. That was his patient from Silence of the Lambs, Jamie Gumm.

Played by the head Detective on the hit show MONK.

I know, how creepy.

I think this discussion is now officially back on track.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DooRight

OMG your funny, eh?

LOL if the discussion is back on track, what do you think of the OP's premise?

It is entirely possible?
hmm?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yes. It is entirely possible that a common 5 inch caterpillar crawled onto the original poster and he divined the mysteries of the universe then shared only the bits and pieces of it that those of us that haven't haven't had a 5 inch caterpillar crawl on us in the past couple days of being outside...

Wow, that sentence got long.

Anything's possible.

top topics

join