It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 a possible distraction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Has anyone ever considered Area 51 as a distraction? I believe there are secret activities going on in Area 51 but perhaps it creates a distraction from other bases. I used to work at Holloman AFB and there was a few strange things there. While bicycling around the back of base I've come across vents that come out of the ground that were in the middle of no where. There was also a rumor of a hanger that planes would dissapear in. The doors would close then open back up and the plane would be gone.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ins1d3r

So are you saying that there really is no Area 51 base and that it distracts us from real bases with real secrets?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i think he means (could be wrong here)
That area 51 is used as a scapegoat to put CT's attention to there
I agree full heartly , Where at once there could of been and probably was somthing there .
There is more than likley nothing there now, However the government is using it as a place for everyone to focus attention on while overlooking other bases
i.e S1 , dulce etc..

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Dude, theres Secret bases all over the place. Area 51 is just the popular one becuase of Roswell.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
i agree with Droolsalot.
but in this world you never know, so you might be right.
n othing surprises me anymore, maybe the statue of liberty is a living, breating creature

haha good thinkng mate

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ins1d3r

I think thats a very good theory actually. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Area 51 was created to distract the publics attention away from the real secret bases.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think things went on there and that they still do. It would be a smart move for the government to run with people thoughts about Area 51 to keep their attention from else where.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Area 51 may or may not be a cover up story. The only way you could find that out would be if you worked at Area 51, or some such top secret military base. And even if you did work there, you wouldn't be allowed to tell the whole world about it. It wouldn't suprise me if the government did use Area 51 as a cover story, and it also wouldn't suprise me if they used our paranoia as a cover. People might me looking for what Area 51 covers up and it could actually all be happening there, at Area 51. Just writing this post is giving me a migraine..... Circles withing circles withing circles withing squares..... Grrrr

top topics

join